See also: Antidote Ancillary Analogy Anxiety Anomaly Annex Animosity Analyze Analysis Annuity Anemia Anguish Anarchy Analogous Anecdotes Anxious Anticipate Anthropology Antagonist And Ansiedad Anatema Anuencia Antonomasia Analogía
1. In speech And writing a is used before a consonAnt sound
2. A door a humAn Before a vowel sound An is usual An icicle An honor but especially in speech a is used occasionally, more often in some dialects thAn in others
3. A apple a hour a obligation Before a consonAnt sound represented by a
4. An definition, the form of a before An initial vowel sound (An arch; An honor) And sometimes, especially in British English, before An initial unstressed syllable beginning with a silent or weakly pronounced h: An historiAn
An, Arch, And
5. An is in fact a weakened form of one; both An And one come from Old English ān, "one." In early Middle English, besides representing the cardinal numeral "one," ān developed the special function of indefinite article, And in this role the word was ordinarily pronounced with very little or no stress.
An, And, Article
6. (An) stock quote, history, news And other vital information to help you with your stock trading And investing.
7. "An" is An indefinite article that precedes a noun or An adjective that begins with a vowel sound—even if the first letter of that noun or adjective is a consonAnt.
An, Article, Adjective
8. By submitting this form, I agree to be contacted by phone, text or email via automated technology by or on behalf of AmericAn National University about educational products or services.
Agree, Automated, American, About
9. If the word begins with a consonAnt sound you would use a, such as "a dog" And "a balloon," as well as "a one" And "a unicorn." If the word begins with a vowel sound, use An, such as in "An honorable mAn," And with spoken acronyms like "An FBI agent." Words like historic, with a pronounced "H," cAn use either a or An.
As, And, An, Acronyms, Agent
10. Ancestry® helps you understAnd your genealogy
11. D&B Supply Western Homes And Families We Supply The Country Lifestyle Farm And RAnch And Lawn And Garden
12. The indefinite article is a or An
13. But how do we know when to say a And when to say An? The rule is really very simple
14. Institutional & Corporate; Industries Industry advice And support across a rAnge of key sectors; Our expertise Our bAnking credentials, global reach And areas of expertise; Solutions World-class bAnking solutions tailored to suit your business needs; Research And insights In-depth research, insights And Analysis from our dedicated teams; AnZ Digital Services All your bAnking platforms such as
Amp, Advice, And, Across, Areas, Analysis, Anz, All, As
15. There is sometimes confusion about whether to use "An" or "a," particularly with abbreviations
About, An, Abbreviations
16. (The words "An" And "a" are known as articles.) The sound of a word's first letter determines which to use
An, And, Are, As, Articles
17. If the word starts with a vowel sound, you should use "An."
18. Use "A" before all words that begin with consonAnt sounds
19. In English, nearly all words that begin with consonAnts will be preceded by the article "A." For example: a pet, a door, a green onion, a cat, a hysterical joke
20. An is used before words, abbreviations, acronyms, or letters that begin with a vowel sound, regardless of their spelling.
An, Abbreviations, Acronyms
21. The MAn in the High Castle - Season 4 Alexa Davalos, Joel de la Fuente, Jason O’Mara, BrennAn Brown, Chelah Horsdal, FrAnces Turner, Rufus Sewell, DAniel Percival, Nelson McCormick, John Fawcett, Rachel LeitermAn, Charlotte Brändström, Julie Hébert, Richard Heus, Fred Toye, Wesley Strick, Kalen EgAn, Mark Richard, David Scarpa, Lolis Eric Elie, JihAn Crowther, Erin Smith, JordAn SheehAn
22. - Your Source for An Fittings And Stainless Steel Lines.
23. You may have learned that using "a" or "An" depends on the first letter of the next word, but is that correct? Learn why this is not always the case.
24. Create An account or log into Facebook
25. Connect with friends, family And other people you know
26. Share photos And videos, send messages And get updates.
27. Learn how we bring real ingredients And cooking to your table.
28. An investment & stock information
29. An detailed stock quotes, stock data, Real-Time ECN, charts, stats And more.
30. NETGEAR WiFi RAnge Extender EX3700 - Coverage up to 1000 sq.ft
31. And 15 Devices with AC750 Dual BAnd Wireless Signal Booster & Repeater (up to 750Mbps Speed), And Compact Wall Plug Design
32. AnZ offers a rAnge of personal bAnking services such as internet bAnking, bAnk accounts, credit cards, home loAns, personal loAns, travel And international, investment And insurAnce
Anz, As, Accounts, And
33. Learn about easy And secure ways to mAnage your money.
34. A- , An- Not, without, -less; equivalent to L
35. Not, un-, usually An- before a vowel]
36. Edis'in, DMC etiketiyle yayınlAnAn "An" albümünde yer alAn "An" isimli şarkısı, video klibiyle netd müzik'te.Söz & Müzik: Edis Düzenleme: Gürsel Çelik Yönetm
An, Alb, Alan, Ark, Amp
37. An - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion And forums
38. Use A before words such as "EuropeAn" or "university" which sound like they start with a consonAnt even if the first letter is a vowel
39. Also use A before letters And numbers which sound like they begin with a consonAnt, such as "U", "J", "1" or "9"
Also, And, As
40. Remember, it is the sound not the spelling which is importAnt
41. They are a type of determiner And they go before a noun. A/An before a noun shows that what is referred to is not already known to the speaker, listener, writer And/or reader (it is …
Are, And, An, Already
42. Applying for An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is a free service offered by the Internal Revenue Service
43. To start your search for An inmate pen pal, simply click on either the male or female link above
44. This will open up a page of small photos, listing their name And what state they are from.
45. Am I Eligible? If you are a business owner, independent contractor, or self-employed worker And only received a 1099 tax form last year, you are most likely eligible for PAndemic Unemployment AssistAnce.
Am, Are, And, Assistance
46. Apply for PAndemic Unemployment AssistAnce if your work situation chAnged because of COVID-19 And you meet Any of these requirements:
Apply, Assistance, And, Any
47. You had An official date to begin work, but the job is
48. Try to fill the gaps with: A or An I have send it yesterday but it just disappear
49. Your customizable And curated collection of the best in trusted news plus coverage of sports, entertainment, money, weather, travel, health And lifestyle, combined with Outlook/Hotmail, Facebook
50. Looking for the definition of An? Find out what is the full meAning of An on Abbreviations.com! 'NetherlAnds Antilles' is one option -- get in to view more @ The Web's largest And most authoritative acronyms And abbreviations resource.
An, Abbreviations, Antilles, And, , Acronyms
51. A lot of people learned the rule that you put “a” before words that start with consonAnts And “An” before words that start with vowels, but it's actually more complicated thAn that.For example, here's Matthew with a question: I've been wondering if it is actually “a hour” or “An hour.” “An hour” sounds more correct, but “a hour” reads more correct to me.
And, An, Actually
52. You will need An EIN if you Answer "Yes" to Any of the following questions
An, Answer, Any
53. For your convenience, clicking on the "Yes" option will take you directly to How to apply for An EIN.
54. Daily Limitation of An Employer Identification Number
55. Hace ya una semAna atras, realize un video sobre el verdadero origen de esta popular cAncion, pero el presente dia y debido a la tAn notable insistencia, hab
56. Articles with Countable And Uncountable Nouns
57. Notice that we use the indefinite article a/An ONLY with singular countable nouns: a dog, An egg, a very big mAn, An extremely delicious meal
58. By contrast, we cAn use the definite article the with ALL nouns: the dog, the eggs, the big men, the music, the food, the red wine
59. Synonyms for An include a, each, one, the, that And this
60. Read A vs.An And complete articles exercises 1 - 6.
An, And, Articles
61. Read A(An) vs.The And complete articles exercises 7 - 11.
An, And, Articles
62. AdvAnced article usage is more challenging
63. If you wish to become An English articles expert, read AdvAnced Articles, complete articles exercises 12 - 30, And take the articles final test.
An, Articles, Advanced, And
64. Make-a-Word with -An - Starfall
65. CAn-Am offers a complete lineup of Off-Road vehicles (ATV, Side-by-Side) And 3-wheel motorcycles (Spyder or Ryker)
Am, Atv, And
66. Choose your playground now And enjoy the CAn-Am World!
67. Four Seasons Resort Hoi An reflects a combination of Nam Hai heritage & luxury, offering An enlightening connection to three extraordinary UNESCO sites.
68. Hồ Ngọc Đức, Dự án Từ điển tiếng Việt miễn phí Thông tin chữ Hán và chữ Nôm dựa theo cơ sở dữ liệu của phần mềm WinVNKey, đóng góp bởi học giả Lê Sơn ThAnh; đã được các tác giả đồng ý đưa vào đây.
AN [an, ən]
Definition of an. A vs. an: Usage Guide. In speech and writing a is used before a consonant sound. a door a human Before a vowel sound an is usual an icicle an honor but especially in speech a is used occasionally, more often in some dialects than in others.
an definition: 1. used instead of "a" when the following word begins with a vowel sound: 2. connected with or belonging to the stated place, group, or type: 3.
Word History: The forms of the indefinite article are good examples of what can happen to a word when it becomes habitually pronounced without stress. An is in fact a weakened form of one; both an and one come from Old English ān, "one."
Definition of another (Entry 2 of 2) 1 : an additional one of the same kind : one more one copy to send out, another for the files. 2 : one that is different from the first or present one Complaining about problems is one thing, but finding solutions to them is another. 3 : one of a group of unspecified or indefinite things in one way or another.