ampulla (noun) · ampullae (plural noun)
1. Ampulla any small vesicle or sac-like offshoot, particularly the dilation at the end of the semicircular canal of the EAR, which houses sensory epithelium and is concerned with balance; See CRISTA AmpullaRIS.
2. Ampulla definition is - a glass or earthenware flask with a globular body and two handles used especially by the ancient Romans to hold ointment, perfume, or wine.
3. The Ampulla of vas deferens in males is the enlarged end of the vas deferens
4. This Ampulla lies behind the urinary bladder and is a tube that carries sperm from where they are stored in the epididymis toward a gland called the seminal vesicle to form an ejaculatory duct.
5. Ampulla Limited is the UK's largest online packaging supplier
6. The Ampulla, or Ampulla of vater, is where the pancreatic duct and bile duct join together to drain into the duodenum, which is the first part of the small intestine. A polyp of the Ampulla starts out benign but can turn into cancer of the Ampulla as it grows.
7. Ampulla synonyms, Ampulla pronunciation, Ampulla translation, English dictionary definition of Ampulla
8. Ampulla definition, a dilated portion of a canal or duct, especially of the semicircular canals of the ear
9. The Ampulla of Vater is located at the junction where the common bile duct and the pancreatic duct join. The common bile duct is a tube that carries bile (a substance that helps to break down fats in the digestive system) from the liver and the gallbladder through the pancreas and into the duodenum.
10. The Ampulla is a very common site of adenomatous change in familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) patients, though many sporadic adenomas also occur in this area
11. Adenomas of the Ampulla may undergo malignant change in a manner similar to colorectal adenomas.
12. The designing inspiration of the Ampulla remote control bicycle tail light comes from Batmobile
13. Ampulla Horizon Bedside Lamp with TWS Bluetooth Speaker and 10W Wireless Charger, Table Lamp Desk Lamp with Digital Clock, Stepless Dimming and Sleep Mode for Light Sleeper Visit the Ampulla Store 108 ratings 18 answered questions
14. Noun Ampullae 1 A roughly spherical Roman flask with two handles
15. ‘A Roman Ampulla, a bronze fibula, pieces of coarse pottery, and various bones, are among the latest ‘finds’ unearthed by him some two feet below the surface.’
16. Other articles where Ampulla is discussed: locomotion: Bottom locomotion: …capped by a hollow muscular Ampulla (a small, bladder-like enlargement)
17. When the Ampulla contracts, it forces fluid into the tube foot and extends it
18. Ampulla Ltd, Highbank Office Halton St, Hyde Cheshire, SK14 2NY
19. An ampullectomy is the surgical removal of the entire Ampulla of Vater
20. The Ampulla of Vater or Ampulla is the small projection into the duodenum through which bile and pancreatic secretions flow to mix with food for digestion
21. Other articles where Vater’s Ampulla is discussed: endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatoscopy: …the duodenum to visualize the Ampulla of Vater, the opening of the common bile duct into the duodenum
22. / æmˈpʊl.ə / plural Ampullae us / æmˈpʊl.iː / uk / æmˈpʊl.iː / a widened area of tube in the body, especially the canals of the ear Want to learn more? Improve your vocabulary with English Vocabulary …
23. The Ampulla of Vater is a small opening where the pancreatic and bile ducts (from the liver) connect to the first part of the small intestine (the duodenum)
24. Ampullary cancer may also be called Ampulla of …
25. What does Ampulla mean? A nearly round bottle with two handles used by the ancient Romans for wine, oil, or perfume
26. The Ampulla connects with the infundibulum, which rests above the ovaries, and ends at the distal tubal opening (or abdominal ostium) into the abdominal cavity where, in ovulation, the oocyte enters the Fallopian tube
27. Ampulla: In anatomy, a sac-like enlargement of a canal or duct
28. The Ampulla of Vater is the enlargement of the ducts from the liver and pancreas at the point where they enter the small intestine.
29. An Ampulla was a flask used in ancient Rome to hold ointment, perfume, and wine.
30. The Ampulla of Vater is a conical structure at the confluence of the common bile duct (CBD) and the main pancreatic duct that protrudes at the major duodenal papilla into the medial aspect of the descending duodenum.The entire structure is encased by smooth muscle fibers that compose the sphincter of Oddi 2.
31. Objective: The aim of this study were to review the experience with adenocarcinoma of the Ampulla of Vater at The Johns Hopkins Hospital and to determine what factors influenced the long-term outcome in these patients
32. Summary background data: Adenocarcinoma of the Ampulla of Vater is the second most common periAmpullary malignancy
33. Ampulla definition: the dilated end part of certain ducts or canals , such as the end of a uterine tube Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
34. Synonyms for Ampulla in Free Thesaurus
35. 6 words related to Ampulla: body part, duct, epithelial duct, canal, channel, flask
36. Ampullary cancer treatment Early stage disease
37. Curative surgery is possible in approximately 50% of Ampullary cancer compared to that of less than 10% in pancreatic adenocarcinoma 18).Despite the high rate of potentially curative resection, the majority of patients with Ampullary carcinomas will eventually succumb to recurrent disease 19).Given the rarity of this disease, there is absence of
38. Protocol for the Examination of Specimens From Patients With Carcinoma of the Ampulla of Vater
39. Version: AmpullaVater 22.214.171.124 Protocol Posting Date: June 2017 Includes pTNM requirements from the 8th Edition, AJCC Staging Manual
40. An Ampulla (/ æ m ˈ p ʊ l ə /; plural Ampullae) was, in Ancient Rome, a "small nearly globular flask or bottle, with two handles" ().The word is used of these in archaeology, and of later flasks, often handle-less and much flatter, for holy water or holy oil in the Middle Ages, often bought as
41. See authoritative translations of Ampulla in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
42. Pancreaticoduodenectomy is a safe surgical procedure with acceptable long-term survival for Ampulla of Vater cancer
43. Find 30 ways to say Ampulla, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
44. The Ampulla of Vater is the region around the mouth where the common bile duct and pancreatic duct discharge into the duodenum, which is the upper part of the small intestine; Ampullary Adenomas are generally considered to be pre-malignant tumors, meaning that these tumors may turn malignant with time
45. Somatostatin D cell tumors are rare tumors of the duodenum (preferentially at the Ampulla of Vater) and upper jejunum in patients in the fifth decade of life.Often associating with type 1 neurofibromatosis and only rarely with diabetes and/or gallstones, they may be defined as functioning, though the
46. A primary or metastatic malignant neoplasm involving the Ampulla of Vater
47. The Ampulla of Vater, also hepatopancreatic Ampulla, is found in the duodenum.It has a unique histology and is a relatively common site of disease, when duodenal pathology is considered.
ampulla - the dilated portion of a canal or duct especially of the semicircular canals of the ear. body part - any part of an organism such as an organ or extremity.
Definition of ampulla. 1 : a glass or earthenware flask with a globular body and two handles used especially by the ancient Romans to hold ointment, perfume, or wine. 2 : a saccular anatomical swelling or pouch.
Ampulla in Latin means flask. An ampulla was a flask used in ancient Rome to hold ointment, perfume, and wine. Could I have CAD?
noun, plural am·pul·lae [am-puhl-ee, -pool-ee]. Anatomy. a dilated portion of a canal or duct, especially of the semicircular canals of the ear. Zoology, Botany. any flask-shaped structure.