See also: Amphtrac
1. Amphtrack meaning (military)A class of amphibious vehicles introduced in World War II.
2. Looking for online definition of Amphtrac or what Amphtrac stands for? Amphtrac is listed in the World's largest and most authoritative dictionary database of …
3. Amphtrack (plural Amphtracks) Alternative form of amtrac (“amphibious vehicle”)
4. Marines died while wading ashore at the Tarawa Atoll, the LVT–a boat with tank tracks, also called an Amphtrac–was able to cross the reef and get troops to shore.
5. It was widely known as Amphtrack, amtrak, amtrac etc., a portmanteau of amphibious tractor
6. As the long waves of Amphtracs, each trailing a plume of white spray, raced with their supporters toward the beaches, the fire support battleships, cruisers and destroyers, anchored only 1250 yards off shore, delivered frontal and enfilading fire on beach defenses.
7. What does Amphtrac stand for? Amphtrac stands for Amphibious Tractor (WWII Marine Corps)
8. [ARMORED Amphtrac CREWMAN] As a member of the crew of an armored amphibian tractor used in amphibious and assault missions, performs one or more duties such as driving, radio tending, weapons firing and maintenance, vehicle inspection and minor maintenance.
9. [Amphtrac crewman] As a member of the crew of an amphibian tractor used in transporting troops and supplies, performs one or more duties such as driving, radio tending, weapons firing and maintenance, or vehicle inspection and minor maintenance.
10. Amphtrac means Amphibious Tractor This acronym/slang usually belongs to Airports & Locations category.
11. Peleliu, WWII, Amphtrac, Landing Craft From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
12. Amphtrack: A class of amphibious vehicles introduced in World War II.
13. It was also called Amphtrack, amtrac, and amptrack, and amphibious tractor
14. LVTs were called amtrac, Amphtrack, amtrak and oth
15. Invention of the Amphtrac in 1937: He was the great-grandson of John A
16. WWII in order to save fabric for the war effort Rationing limiting the purchase of many products in WWII to make sure there was enough available for military use Victory Garden gardens planted by American citizens during war to raise vegetables for home use, leaving more for the troops Section 4: Amphtrac an amphibious tractor used to move troops from ship to shore Kamikaze during WWII, a
17. Lesson 2: Amphtrac- A class of amphibious vehicles introduced in WW2
18. 1) Amphtracs helped the marines land more safely on Pacific islands by being able to successfully land on the beaches themselves, instead of stalling out on the reefs