amoeba (noun) · amoebae (plural noun) · amoebas (plural noun) · ameba (noun) · amebae (plural noun) · amebas (plural noun)
1. Amoeba Vinyl Club Presented by Vinyl Moon A limited edition, thoughtfully curated mixtape of emerging indie artists pressed on color vinyl with beautiful deluxe packaging, delivered to you every month!
2. An Amoeba is an aquatic, single-celled protist characterized by a gelatinous body, amorphous shape, and amoeboid movement. Amoebas can form temporary extensions of their cytoplasm known as pseudopodia or "false feet" which can be used for locomotion or capturing food
3. Food acquisition is Amoebas occurs by a type of endocytosis called phagocytosis.
4. Amoeba is an aquatic, single-cell (unicellular) organism with membrane-bound (eukaryotic) organelles that has no definite shape. It is capable of movement
5. Amoeba, also spelled ameba, plural Amoebas or Amoebae, any of the microscopic unicellular protozoans of the rhizopodan order Amoebida
6. The well-known type species, Amoeba proteus, is found on decaying bottom vegetation of freshwater streams and ponds
7. There are numerous parasitic Amoebas.
8. An Amoeba is a highly motile eukaryotic, unicellular organism. Typically belonging to the kingdom protozoa, it moves in an “amoeboid” fashion
9. As such, microbiologists often use the term “amoeboid”, to refer to a specific type of movement and Amoebae interchangeably.
10. Amoebas are single-celled organisms
11. The so-called brain -eating Amoeba is a species discovered in 1965
12. Medical Definition of Amoeba 1 capitalized : a large genus of naked rhizopod protozoans that have lobed and never anastomosing pseudopodia and are widely distributed in fresh and salt water and moist terrestrial environments 2 also ameba plural Amoebas or Amoebae\ - (ˌ)bē
13. Amoeba (plural Amoebas/Amoebae) is a group of primitive protists
14. Among the big family of Amoebas, Amoeba proteus is probably the best-known member – common in classrooms and research laboratories
15. Plural Amoebas Amoebae (ə-mē′bē) Any of various one-celled aquatic or parasitic protozoans of the genus Amoeba or related genera, having no definite form and consisting of a mass of protoplasm …
16. 1 day ago · Amoeba is not the only local music retailer re-emerging
17. Amoeba is a genus of single-celled amoeboids in the family Amoebidae
18. The type species of the genus is Amoeba proteus, a common freshwater organism, widely studied in classrooms and laboratories.
19. Naegleria fowleri (commonly referred to as the “brain-eating Amoeba” or “brain-eating ameba”), is a free-living microscopic ameba *, (single-celled living organism)
20. The term brain-eating Amoeba refers to a a type of Amoeba that can enter your nose and reach your brain
21. We'll go over symptoms of an infection, where the Amoeba …
22. Amoeba proteus is a single-celled parasite that lives in clean, fresh water like ponds, streams, and rivers with abundant supplies of oxygen and nutrients
23. The brain is moist and warm, just like the lakes and hot springs where the Amoeba thrives
24. But the brain doesn't have bacteria for the Amoeba to …
25. Amoebas are members of the group of organisms called protozoans
26. Amoeba (also spelled ameba) is a genus of protozoa that moves by means of temporary projections called pseudopods (false feet), and is well-known as a representative unicellular organism
27. Protozoa are single-celled eukaryotes, which demonstrate mobility and heterotrophy like animals, but are grouped in the kingdom Protista.The plural of Amoeba is spelled either Amoebas or Amoebae.
28. The Amoeba is known to take the cyst form when it encounters potentially threatening situations
29. In the cyst form, the Amoeba secretes the cyst membrane for protection
30. Amoeba returns to its original form when the situations becomes favorable.
31. Complications for Amoeba infection include: Liver Abscess: A pus-filled mass inside the liver
32. The spread of Amoeba in the body can lead to very rare complication of the liver, lungs and brain
33. Last year, the Hollywood outpost of Amoeba Music announced that it was in the process of moving, which came with a Tyler, the Creator-hosted video showcasing the …
34. Ameba definition is - any of a large genus (Amoeba) of naked rhizopod protozoans with lobed and never anastomosing pseudopodia, without permanent organelles or supporting structures, and of wide distribution in fresh and salt water and moist terrestrial environments; broadly : a naked rhizopod or other amoeboid protozoan.
35. All three were found to have been infected with the Amoeba Naegleria fowleri
36. 9 hours ago · LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Big news for music lovers - the iconic Hollywood record store Amoeba Music will be reopening at a new location in Hollywood …
37. The Amoeba, they found, built its hat-shaped shell from proteins and sugars that it made
38. Lahr suspects many more Amoeba species await discovery.
39. Amoeba proteus is a microscopic organism with a large cell
40. Amoeba, the Amoeba logo are trademarks of the Amoeba AIRSOFT
41. Amoeba, the Amoeba logo are trademarks of the Amoeba AIRSOFT
42. In Amoeba, players draw and place tiles in order to build the biggest Amoebas, then they claim those Amoebas by placing their nuclei markers on them
43. Players can also place tiles on top of completed Amoebas to split them, reducing an opponent's score
44. There are twelve unique tiles that will require pattern recognition and strategic thinking to grow the largest Amoeba.
45. Amoeba Music is the world's largest independent record store
46. Amoeba By Cindy Grigg 1 Living things are made of cells
47. One of the simplest living things, an Amoeba, is made of only one cell
48. Amoebas (sometimes spelled amebas or Amoebae) are too small to be seen without a microscope, but they are commonly found in ponds and lakes.
49. Amoeba San Francisco, San Francisco, California
50. Welcome to Amoeba San Francisco, in the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood!
51. What is Amoeba? What is Ameoba? It's definitely Amoeba! If you have asked yourself this question, what an Amoeba is, here is the answer
52. 1 day ago · Last year, beloved record store Amoeba Music moved from its home at 6400 Sunset Blvd
53. The doors to Amoeba Music’s iconic Sunset Boulevard location have permanently closed ahead of schedule due to the coronavirus pandemic
54. On Monday (April 27), Amoeba …
55. The Amoeba enters through the nose and travels to the brain, where it can cause primary amebic meningoencephalitis (PAM), according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
56. Amoeba is one of the simplest creatures that has existed since life began on the Earth
57. Due to its prehistoric existence, studying the life cycle of an Amoeba is important, as it provides us clues to the way in which unicellular organisms survive and grow in seemingly inhospitable conditions.
58. Amoeba is a proxy that sits between your client and DB server(s) that can monitor, analyze or transform their communication
59. 1.load balancing 2、failover; 3、queries Route.projects:Amoeba for mysql ,for mongodb,for aladdin
Definition of amoeba. : any of a large genus (Amoeba) of naked rhizopod protozoans with lobed and never anastomosing pseudopodia, without permanent organelles or supporting structures, and of wide distribution in fresh and salt water and moist terrestrial environments broadly : a naked rhizopod or other amoeboid protozoan .
Key Takeaways: Amoebas An amoeba is an aquatic, single-celled protist characterized by a gelatinous body, amorphous shape, and amoeboid movement. Amoebas can form temporary extensions of their cytoplasm known as pseudopodia or "false feet" which can be used for locomotion or capturing food.
Definition of amoeba : any of a large genus (Amoeba) of naked rhizopod protozoans with lobed and never anastomosing pseudopodia, without permanent organelles or supporting structures, and of wide distribution in fresh and salt water and moist terrestrial environments broadly : a naked rhizopod or other amoeboid protozoan
According to a user from India, the name Amoeba is of English origin and means "Gift of god". Search for more names by meaning.