1. Ambiguous definition is - doubtful or uncertain especially from obscurity or indistinctness
2. How to use Ambiguous in a sentence
3. Ambivalent Synonym Discussion of Ambiguous.
4. Ambiguous definition, open to or having several possible meanings or interpretations; equivocal: an Ambiguous answer
5. Ambiguous synonyms, Ambiguous pronunciation, Ambiguous translation, English dictionary definition of Ambiguous
6. Open to more than one interpretation: an Ambiguous reply
7. Having or expressing more than one possible meaning, sometimes intentionally: His reply to my question was somewhat Ambiguous. The wording of the agreement is Ambiguous. The government has been Ambiguous …
8. Some common synonyms of Ambiguous are cryptic, dark, enigmatic, equivocal, obscure, and vague
9. While all these words mean "not clearly understandable," Ambiguous applies to language capable of more than one interpretation.
10. Ambiguous Add to list Share Look to the adjective Ambiguous when you need to describe something that's open to more than one interpretation, like the headline "Squad helps dog bite victim." Newspaper headlines can be unintentionally funny when they're Ambiguous.
11. The definition of Ambiguous is something that is unclear or not easily describable
12. An example of someone who might give an Ambiguous answer to a question is …
13. Find 36 ways to say Ambiguous, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
14. Ambiguous When someone describes something loosely, either due to a lack of more descriptive vernacular, or more commonly, they are being vague because they are afraid to confront a …
15. Ambiguous (adj.) "of doubtful or uncertain nature, open to various interpretations," 1520s, from Latin ambiguus "having double meaning, shifting, changeable, doubtful," adjective derived from ambigere "to dispute about, contend, debate," literally "to wander, go about, go around," figuratively "hesitate, waver, be in doubt," from ambi-"about" (from PIE root *ambhi-"around") + agere "drive
16. Ambiguous in meaning, the thumbs up gesture is considered a sign of approval in America while it is viewed as an obscene act in Iraq
17. 🔊 It is impossible to assemble a bed frame with ambiguous instructions
18. 🔊 Based on your ambiguous look, I cannot tell if you found my joke funny or offensive
19. The adjectives Ambiguous and ambivalent both involve a degree of uncertainty, but the two words are not interchangeable
20. Definitions The adjective Ambiguous means doubtful or unclear, open to more than one interpretation.
21. If you describe something as Ambiguous, you mean that it is unclear or confusing because it can be understood in more than one way
22. This agreement is very Ambiguous and open to various interpretations
23. American English: Ambiguous / æmˈbɪgyuəs /
24. Ambiguous Language Natural languages such as French, English and Japanese are inherently Ambiguous such that an educated guess is often required to interpret meaning
25. Ambiguous definition: open to two or more interpretations; or of uncertain nature or significance; or (often) intended to mislead synonyms: forked, indeterminate
26. Ambiguous - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
27. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Ambiguous adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (open to interpretation) ambiguo/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa grande", "mujer alta").
28. What are Ambiguous genitalia? Early in fetal development, the tissue that will become the gonads (ovaries or testes) is undifferentiated and has the potential to become either ovaries or testes
29. Synonyms for Ambiguous in Free Thesaurus
30. 43 synonyms for Ambiguous: unclear, puzzling, uncertain, obscure, vague, doubtful, dubious
31. Ambiguous grammar: A CFG is said to Ambiguous if there exists more than one derivation tree for the given input string i.e., more than one LeftMost Derivation Tree (LMDT) or RightMost Derivation Tree (RMDT)
32. Definition: G = (V,T,P,S) is a CFG is said to be Ambiguous if and only if there exist a string in T* that has more than on parse tree.
33. ‘The Constitution is an Ambiguous document open to interpretation by all.’ ‘They considered the Act to be Ambiguous and open to interpretation on this point.’ ‘Once more, the evidence is Ambiguous and interpretations have become polarized.’ ‘Agreeing with a set of vague and Ambiguous …
34. Get the best deals on Ambiguous Clothing for Men when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com
35. Amphibology, amphiboly - an Ambiguous grammatical construction; e.g., `they are flying planes' can mean either that someone is flying planes or that something is flying planes
36. Parisology - the use of Ambiguous words
37. Sexually Ambiguous means that they (person/s) are not displaying their sexual orientation
38. ‘The Constitution is an Ambiguous document open to interpretation by all.’ ‘They considered the Act to be Ambiguous and open to interpretation on this point.’ ‘Once more, the evidence is Ambiguous and interpretations have become polarized.’ ‘Agreeing with a set of vague and Ambiguous …
39. • Le Touquet's identity today is a little Ambiguous but it still has a nice feel about it
40. • She left a very Ambiguous message on the answerphone last night
41. • The Labour Party remained in an Ambiguous position
42. • an Ambiguous question • Mitterrand had Ambiguous relations with money, the power of which he regularly lambasted.
43. Stages of Ambiguous Grief or Loss Examples of Ambiguous Loss This type of grief, which seemingly has no end or conclusion to wrap your head around is called Ambiguous loss
44. Definition of Ambiguous in the Definitions.net dictionary
45. What does Ambiguous mean? Information and translations of Ambiguous in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
46. Ambiguous Questions - Definition
47. The definition of an Ambiguous Question within a survey is a question in which there is more then a single way to interpret it
48. When a question is vague or generalized, this creates an Ambiguous interpretation
49. See 3 authoritative translations of Ambiguous in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
50. The conversion is not Ambiguous
51. The conversion is Ambiguous if multiple instances of the base class are in the derived class
52. Words are Ambiguous when their significance is unclear to persons with competent knowledge and skill to understand them
53. Ambiguous adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (uncertain, unclear) ambiguo, incerto, poco chiaro, oscuro agg aggettivo: Descrive o specifica un sostantivo: "Una persona fidata" - "Con un cacciavite piccolo" - "Questioni controverse"
54. Ambiguous: Open to more than one interpretation
55. Chapter, and is when we speake or write doubtfully and that the sence may be taken two wayes, such Ambiguous termes they call _Amphibologia_, we call it the _Ambiguous_, or figure of sence incertaine, as if one should say _Thomas Tayler_ saw _William Tyler_ dronke, it is indifferent to thinke either th'one or th'other dronke.
56. Ambiguous solution is a full service E-commerce web development company which will help you to create a top notch e-commerce website
57. Entries "ambiguity" and "Ambiguous" within the legal reference work, Words and Phrases.13 The words "Ambiguous" and "ambiguity" are often used to denote simple lack of clarity in language.14 "Ambiguous" means doubtful and uncertain.15 10 113 F.Supp
58. For those of you who need a reminder, the Ambiguous case occurs when one uses the law of sines to determine missing measures of a triangle when given two sides and an angle opposite one of those angles (SSA)
59. Ambiguous and Dangerous Abbreviations
60. Ambiguous 'Ambiguous' is a 9 letter word starting with A and ending with S Crossword clues for 'Ambiguous' Clue Answer; Having more than one meaning (9) Ambiguous: Double-meaning (9) Having more than one possible meaning (9) Lacking clarity (9) Lacking clearness (9)
Definition of ambiguous. 1a : doubtful or uncertain especially from obscurity or indistinctness eyes of an ambiguous color. b : inexplicable.
1.open to two or more interpretations; or of uncertain nature or significance; or (often) intended to mislead 2.having more than one possible meaning 3.having no intrinsic or objective meaning; not organized in conventional patterns Familiarity information: AMBIGUOUSused as an adjective is uncommon.
Ambiguous words or statements lead to vagueness and confusion, and shape the basis for instances of unintentional humor. For instance, it is ambiguous to say "I rode a black horse in red pajamas," because it may lead us to think the horse was wearing red pajamas.
Ambiguous Language Law and Legal Definition. Ambiguous language is defined as language that can be understood in more than one way, that refers to two or more things simultaneously, that lacks clarity and definiteness, or that is difficult to understand or of doubtful import.