See also: Although
1. Although definition is - in spite of the fact that : even though
2. How to use Although in a sentence.
3. Regardless of the fact that; even though: Although the room is big, it won't hold all that furniture
4. Although is a conjunction that means in spite of the fact that or even though
5. Although is used to connect phrases, clauses, or sentences.
6. Although and though meaning ‘in spite of’ Although and though both mean ‘in spite of something’
7. Find 17 ways to say Although, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
8. 10 synonyms of Although from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 2 related words, definitions, and antonyms
9. Although: in spite of the fact that.
10. “Although,” similar to “despite” and “in spite of,” is a way explaining a contrast, which is when two things are at odds
11. If you want to show a contrast, then you may want to use “Although” in your sentence
12. Some examples of contrast sentences that use “Although” include:
13. Although and though meaning ‘in spite of’ Although and though both mean ‘in spite of something’
14. Synonyms for Although include despite the fact that, even though, in spite of the fact that, though, notwithstanding the fact that, as much as, even supposing, granted that, granting the fact that and while
15. Another way to say Although? Synonyms for Although (other words and phrases for Although)
16. Although is a marvelous word that – alas – even professional writers sometimes use incorrectly
17. Train your writing radar to keep a mental lookout for Although, and follow these simple rules: 1
18. Never put a comma after Although.
19. Learn the definition of Although vs. though & other commonly used words, phrases, & idioms in the English language
20. Learn more! How to Use Although vs. though Correctly – Grammarist Grammarist is a professional online English grammar dictionary, that provides a variety of grammatical tools, rules and tips in order to improve your grammar and
21. It is used for introducing a statement that makes your main statement seem surprising. Although Jane was the most deserving candidate, she didn’t get the job. Although she is rich and famous, she is not happy.
22. Although it's raining, there are 20 people here already aunque está lloviendo, ya hay aquí 20 personas
23. Although they're expensive, they're worth it I'll do it, Although I don't want to
24. Although poor, they were honest aunque eran pobres, eran honrados.
25. Synonyms for Although in Free Thesaurus
26. 10 synonyms for Although: though, while, even if, even though, whilst, albeit, despite the fact that, notwithstanding, even supposing, tho'
27. What are synonyms for Although?
28. " Although I get good grades, I really don't like school
29. " " Although school is hard, I like my teacher
30. " " Although I'm bad at soccer, it's fun to play
31. " " Although she complains a lot, she's my best friend
32. " " Although he acts tough, he's really a nice guy
33. " " Although my dog is blind, he can still play fetch
34. " " Although it's loud and
35. Key Difference – Although vs Even Though Although and even though are two conjunctions (linking words) that are used to show contrast
36. Though these two terms have similar meanings and are used in similar grammatical contexts, there is a slight difference between Although and even though.
37. Generally, no commas are required directly before or after subordinating conjunctions like Although
38. Although patience and persistence is a painful thing, but it can gradually bring you the benefits
39. Although Bill has been in trouble with the police,he earns …
40. The first clause directly following Although, is an 'explanatory clause' while the second clause is the 'Declarative clause'
41. So the proper structure for the sentence above, using 'Although', looks like this: Although + explanatory + declarative
42. 'Although', is looking forward to the declarative (independent)
43. Although conj conjunction: Connects words, clauses, and sentences--for example, "and," "but," "because," "in order that." (though, even though) anche se cong congiunzione: Particella o espressione che unisce due frasi e ne determina il rapporto semantico: e, ma, perché, quando
44. Although / even though / though Although / even though / though
45. You can use Although, even though and though at the beginning of a sentence or clause that has a verb
46. Although his father was a king, Cyrus was brought up like the son of a common man.
47. Although vs Though Difference between Although and though is a must know fact if you are interested in using these two conjunctions accurately in English language
48. These two words, Although and though, are often used as interchangeable ones
49. That use cannot be considered right as there is a clear difference between Although and though.
50. You use Although to introduce a subordinate clause which contains a statement which makes the main clause of the sentence seem surprising or unexpected
51. Although I was only six, I can remember seeing it on TV
52. Although he was twice as old as us, he became the life and soul of the company
53. Although - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
54. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Although conj conjunction: Connects words, clauses, and sentences--for example, "and," "but," "because," "in order that." (though, even though) aunque conj conjunción: Une palabras, cláusulas y oraciones ("y", "o", "pero").: a pesar de loc conj locución conjuntiva: Unidad
55. Although “whilst” is still used in British English, it is considered archaic in American English
56. Although, even though, in spite of and despite are all used to link two contrasting ideas or show that one fact makes the other fact surprising
57. How to use Although, Though and Even though and Example Sentences “Though”,“Even though” and “Although“, are used for the same meaning, expressing the idea of contrast
58. Example Sentences with Although Althoughit rained all day, we enjoyed the party very much
59. He failed in the exam, Although he studied very hard.
60. Although I can’t help admiring the man’s courage, I do not approve of his methods
61. 2 Although used to add a statement that balances or reduces the effect of what you have just said SYN but You can copy down my answers, Although I’m not sure they’re right.
62. Hyun-wook "Although" Jung (born March 6, 2002) is a South Korean flex DPS player that played for London Spitfire during Season 3 of the Overwatch League
63. ‘Although small, the room has a spacious feel’ ‘He likes the fact that Although the club has a cosmopolitan feel it still clings to old values.’ ‘We can agree the deletion of the second paragraph, Although this is a statement of fact.’
64. ‘Although small, the room has a spacious feel’ ‘He likes the fact that Although the club has a cosmopolitan feel it still clings to old values.’ ‘We can agree the deletion of the second paragraph, Although this is a statement of fact.’
65. You use Although to introduce a subordinate clause which contains a statement that contrasts with the statement in the main clause
66. Although he is known to only a few, his reputation among them is very great
67. You use Although to introduce a subordinate clause which contains a statement that makes
68. "Although she was a widow, she didn't wear black" " Although shy, the people are friendly and hospitable" Although shy, the people are friendly and hospitable" Although small, the room has a spacious feel" " Although the garden is looking spartan it's not bare"
69. And Although Danny had been sober for a long stretch, you only had to scratch the surface to find that crazy, dramatic, addictlike behavior
70. The face is a particularly rich source for affect display, Although other parts of the body may also be involved
71. However, Although never in the majority, it was popular in many other countries.
72. 2450017 I'll be there, Although I may be late
73. Sharptoothed 1 26937 Although it rained, everyone had a good time
74. CK 1 2951497 Although Tom is sick, he's planning on going to school
75. CK 1 2951498 Although Tom is sick, he plans to get his homework done on time
76. CK 1 272543 Although it is snowing, I must go
77. CM 724600 Although I was tired, I did my best
78. Eldad 1565508 Although it was raining, I
79. In the ungrammatical sentence that starts with *Although applying, the -ing form is a gerund, i.e
80. In the sentence that starts with Although accounting, accounting is not a gerund, but a present participle, which makes Although accounting for only 5 percent of the
81. Although Vs Though ‘Though’ and ‘Although’ are two words that are often confused with each other
82. Yes, according to many dictionaries published around the world, ‘though’ and ‘Although’ have similar meanings and can be used in lieu of each […]
83. However and Although are two English words that both loosely mean "but"
84. Unfortunately, knowing exactly when you should use however vs Although is something that most native English speakers would struggle to explain.
85. The difference between "however" and "Although" The main difference between these two words is that however can stand by itself at the beginning of a sentence, …
86. Definition and synonyms of Although from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
87. This is the British English definition of Although.View American English definition of Although.
88. Although [=while] I'd love to have dinner with you tonight, I already have plans
89. It feels as if I've known you forever Although [=even though] we've only known each other for a day
90. He's the basketball team's best player Although he's the shortest one on the team.
91. Although the watch was expensive, he bought it
92. We went out Although / though it was raining
93. Though / Although my husband didn’t like the movie, I enjoyed it a lot
94. Although / though he passed the test, he didn’t get the job
95. ) “Although“, “Though” and “Even though” are used for the same meaning, expressing the idea of contrast
96. USING “ Although “ IN ENGLISH “Although” means “in spite of something”.
97. Hi As long as "Although" can be followed by a present participle, can the following sentences be rewritten with "Although" instead of "despite" or "in spite of" ? 1
98. Although he threw the ball so high, he didn't get much admiration from the girls
99. - Although throwing the ball so high, he didn't get much admiration from the girls
100. Although he made a fatal mistake, he went on typing the report.
101. But Although there were many books written on the subject, some were unknown in England, and some were not to be trusted
102. View in context I had long been aware of certain circumstances which bound the General to him; I had long been aware that in Russia they had hatched some scheme together Although I did not know whether the plot had come to