1. Alpenstock definition is - a long iron-pointed staff used in mountain climbing.
2. Noun an early form of ice axe, consisting of a stout stick with an iron tip and sometimes having a pick and adze at the head, formerly used by mountain climbers Word Origin for Alpenstock C19: from German, …
An, Axe, And, Adze, At, Alpenstock
3. An Alpenstock is a simple wooden staff, an inch or less in diameter, capped at one end with a steel spike
An, Alpenstock, At
4. • An Alpenstock is a long wooden pole with an iron spike tip • A strong staff with an iron point, used by mountain climbers • An Alpenstock is a stout staff, iron-tipped, formerly used by mountain climbers
5. Multifunction Tactical Trekking Poles Hiking Climbing Defense Alpenstock Cane
6. Multi-functional Walking Trekking Poles Tactical Camping Stick Cane Alpenstock
7. Camping Survival Kit Walking Cane Trekking Poles Hiking Stick Alpenstock Tools
8. FOR SALE - Seattle, WA 2 - Vintage Alpenstock for sale
9. The Alpenstock was the forerunner to the Ice Ax
10. Alpenstock is a crossword puzzle clue
11. Alpenstock is a crossword puzzle clue that we have spotted 1 time
12. Alpenstock Web Site Other Useful Business Software Cybersecurity that crushes what others do not
13. (3) As often happens in very remote, sparsely populated places, a man showed up out of nowhere: a Wakhi named Sher Ali, rough as a rock, with his own Alpenstock
As, Ali, Alpenstock
14. (4) After testing her fitness by a demanding walk he decided that she would cope and took her to be equipped with clinkered boots and an Alpenstock .
After, And, An, Alpenstock
15. Definition of Alpenstock in the Definitions.net dictionary
16. What does Alpenstock mean? Information and translations of Alpenstock in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
17. CHAMBERS'S TWENTIETH CENTURY DICTIONARY (PART 1 OF 4: A-D) VARIOUS But the ant makes his long excursion with neither Alpenstock nor luncheon, and without sleeping or even resting on the way
Ant, Alpenstock, And
18. Find a Grave, database and images (https://www.findagrave.com: accessed ), memorial page for Alpenstock III (1936–1959), Find a Grave Memorial no
And, Accessed, Alpenstock
19. Don’t hesitate to contact us if something’s wrong or mislead information about Alpenstock Trekking Poles
20. After analyzing over 14,479 articles about Alpenstock Trekking Poles and 14,028 customer reviews, we rank the best Alpenstock Trekking Poles of 2020
After, Analyzing, Articles, About, Alpenstock, And
21. The above table shows Top 10 Alpenstock Trekking Poles to buy on the
22. Alpenstock definition: an early form of ice axe , consisting of a stout stick with an iron tip and sometimes Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
Alpenstock, An, Axe, And
23. What does Alpenstock mean? A long staff with an iron point, formerly used by mountain climbers
24. Alpenstock - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
25. You see, the Alpenstock is his trophy; his name is burned upon it; and if he has climbed a hill, or jumped a brook, or traversed a brickyard with it, he has the names of those places burned upon it, too.
26. You see, the Alpenstock is his trophy; his name is burned upon it; and if he has climbed a hill, or jumped a brook, or traversed a brickyard with it, he has the names of those
27. Synonyms for Alpenstock include cane, staff, waddy, bastinade, bastinado, bat, baton, billy, blackthorn and bludgeon
28. Wooden Alpenstock, Vintage German Wood Walking Cane with 4 Metal Badges and Metal Tip Stick, size - 32.3", Outdoor Gardening, , BalMinDi BalMinDi
29. ‘As often happens in very remote, sparsely populated places, a man showed up out of nowhere: a Wakhi named Sher Ali, rough as a rock, with his own Alpenstock.’
As, Ali, Alpenstock
30. The Alpenstock has 3-sections telescopic poles
31. Mountain Europeans gave the walking stick the name, Alpenstock, meaning Alpine stick.
32. Alpenstock (plural Alpenstocks) a stout adjustable walking stick with a metal point, used by mountain climbers and walkers in hilly or uneven terrain; Translations
Alpenstock, Alpenstocks, Adjustable, And
33. Alpenstock World School – Inspiring Excellence with Innovation Feel Free to Enquire!
34. From the January-February, 2020 issue of Alaskan History Magazine: “The men take up the packs, and this is what happens: They walk to the base of the cliff, with a stout Alpenstock in hand
Alaskan, And, Alpenstock
35. Alpenstock Meaning: "long iron-pointed staff used for hiking in mountains," 1829, German, literally "Alpine stick;" see Alp… See definitions of Alpenstock.
Alpenstock, Alpine, Alp
36. Amazon.com : AGPtek 1pc Folding Carbon Fiber Trekking Poles, Aluminum Rubber, Alpenstock, Light Weight, Collapsible Adjustable, Anti Shock Hiking Walking Trekking Trail Walking Trekking Pole Climbing Stick with EVA Foam Handle Adjustable from 43in to 53in : Sports & Outdoors
Amazon, Agptek, Aluminum, Alpenstock, Adjustable, Anti, Amp
37. Shail has a yard at one end of Castlmorton Common-at the opposite end is the base of trainer/rider Tim Stephenson, who took the first of the young-horse maidens with Alpenstock, a non-thoroughbred six-year-old whose dam, Altaraza, was a top Anglo-Arab performer in France.
At, Alpenstock, Altaraza, Anglo, Arab
38. Alpenstock (also: mountaineer's axe, shepherd's axe)
Alpenstock, Also, Axe
39. Dictionary entry overview: What does Alpenstock mean? • Alpenstock (noun) The noun Alpenstock has 1 sense:
40. A stout staff with a metal point; used by mountain climbers Familiarity information: Alpenstock used as a noun is very rare.
41. Alpenstock: 1 n a stout staff with a metal point; used by mountain climbers Type of: staff a strong rod or stick with a specialized utilitarian purpose
42. The Alpenstock can offer the convenience and is ideal for traveling due to its portable nature
43. The Ortles-Cevedale group is an Alpenstock which is 50 km long and 40 km wideand: Die Ortlergruppe ist ein Bergstock von ca
An, Alpenstock, And
44. 50 km Länge und 40 km Breite mit fast: A famous Alpenstock at the centre of the Sellaronda: Ein bekannter Bergstock im Zentrum der Sellaronda: The Sella Group, a distinctive Alpenstock in the Dolomites, is surrounded by the four Dolomite passes Passo Gardena
45. Combat Knife: Alpenstock Legendary Weapon Black Ops Season 1
46. Synonyms for Alpenstocks in Free Thesaurus
47. 4 words related to Alpenstock: staff, tip, peak, point
48. What are synonyms for Alpenstocks?
49. Alpenstock,China Wholesale Alpenstock, Sports and outdoor product, China Sports and outdoor product Wholesale.
50. “Alpenstock World School” takes such a pride in terms of lending the overall personality development training in order to mould the young minds towards legendary state
51. In other words, learning at “Alpenstock World School” is a blend of traditional, modern and skill oriented concepts.
At, Alpenstock, And
52. Alpenstock (Thesaurus) alpenhorn Alpes-de-Haute Provence
Alpenstock, Alpenhorn, Alpes
53. This gnarled wooden walking stick aids a creature’s travel, granting a +5 foot enhancement bonus to speed and a +2 enhancement bonus to CMD against trip attempts and on saving throws to avoid being tripped.These bonuses apply as long as the agile Alpenstock is held in hand.
Aids, And, Against, Attempts, Avoid, Apply, As, Agile, Alpenstock
54. Translation for 'Alpenstock' in the free English-Russian dictionary and many other Russian translations.
55. Alpenstock (redirected from Alpenstocks) Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus
Alpenstock, Alpenstocks, Also
Alpenstock definition is - a long iron-pointed staff used in mountain climbing.
In the second half of the nineteenth century, seeing that the traditional but unwieldy alpenstock might be a useful aid to climb steep slopes of snow or ice, Victorian alpinists fastened a sharpened blade (the pick) to the top of the alpenstock; this was used to provide stability.
"Most of the people, both male and female, are in walking costume, and carry alpenstocks. Evidently, it is not considered safe to go about in Switzerland, even in town, without an alpenstock. If the tourist forgets and comes down to breakfast without his alpenstock, he goes back and gets it, and stands it up in the corner.