1. Definition of Aloof (Entry 1 of 2) : removed or distant either physically or emotionally an Aloof, unfriendly manner He stood Aloof from worldly success.
2. Adverb at a distance, especially in feeling or interest; apart: They always stood Aloof from their classmates.
3. Aloof adjective distant, cold, reserved, cool, formal, remote, forbidding, detached, indifferent, chilly, unfriendly, unsympathetic, uninterested, haughty, unresponsive, supercilious, unapproachable, unsociable, standoffish He seemed Aloof and detached
4. Some common synonyms of Aloof are detached, disinterested, incurious, indifferent, and unconcerned
5. While all these words mean "not showing or feeling interest," Aloof suggests a cool reserve arising from a sense of superiority or disdain for inferiors or from shyness. Aloof from his coworkers When might detached be a better fit than Aloof?
6. Not friendly or willing to take part in things: She seemed rather Aloof when in fact she was just shy.
7. Aloof Aloof means "at a distance," and not close
8. Shyness is often the result of being Aloof. An Aloof person usually needs tunnel vision for the tranquility and happiness to block out and ignore …
9. Neutrinos are famously Aloof particles, and questions remained over exactly how neutrinos transfer their energy to the star’s ordinary matter under the extreme conditions of a collapsing star
10. Aloof is a puzzle battler, like Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo and Puyo Puyo Tetris, but plays completely different
11. In the world of Aloof you summon and defend small islands all the while you build combos against your opponent.
12. Rather, introverts need to be appreciated not so much as Aloof or emotionally unresponsive (as compared to extroverts), but as more reserved, socially reticent, and requiring more solitude.
13. In Middle English, Aloof was originally a nautical term; the loof (now spelled luff) is the windward side of a ship
14. Aloof is defined as at a distance, either physically or mentally
15. A child standing away from the rest of her friends is an example of someone who is Aloof
16. Definition of Aloof in the Definitions.net dictionary
17. What does Aloof mean? Information and translations of Aloof in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
18. Examples of Aloof These examples are from corpora and from sources on the web
19. Architectural schools and the profession cannot afford to stand Aloof from these other disciplines.
20. My lovers and my friends stand Aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off
21. Aloof adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (uninterested) distante, disinteressato agg aggettivo: Descrive o specifica un sostantivo: "Una persona fidata" - "Con un cacciavite piccolo" - "Questioni controverse"
22. The Aloof, The Heavyweight, and The Big Finish dance scenes with excellent choreographies from the movie Sweet Charity: The Adventures of a Girl Who Wanted t
23. The word "Aloof" has a negative connotation, but Aloofness is not necessarily an undesirable quality in some professions
24. Computer programmers, for example, are notoriously Aloof
25. He preferred to remain Aloof, unless he was personally challenged France, which had remained Aloof, joined the US yesterday in advocating tough new measures While some prominent broadcasters stand Aloof, many do not The Government is keeping Aloof from the controversy I will hold myself Aloof from wrong and corruption The Emperor kept Aloof from all political parties.
26. Aloof from Emotionally or physically distant from someone
27. I've never seen the CEO before—he stays pretty Aloof from the rest of us
28. I don't think Holly is ready to talk about her breakup yet—she's been keeping Aloof from all of her friends.
29. Aloof is a puzzle battler, like Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo and Puyo Puyo Tetris, but plays completely different
30. In the world of Aloof you summon and defend small islands all the while you build combos against your opponent.
31. How many syllables in Aloof? 3 5 4 9 1 6 2 7 8 syllables
32. Divide Aloof into syllables: a-loof Stressed syllable in Aloof: a-loof How to pronounce Aloof: uh-loof How to say Aloof: How to pronounce Aloof
33. Wondering why Aloof is 3 5 4 9 1 6 2 7 8 syllables? Contact Us! We'll explain.
34. A‧loof /əˈluːf/ adjective, adverb 1 unfriendly and deliberately not talking to other people remain/stay Aloof (from somebody) They worked hard, but tended to stay Aloof from the local inhabitants
35. Keep/hold yourself Aloof (from somebody) She had always kept herself Aloof from the boys in class.
36. Start reading Aloof: Figuring Out Life with a God Who Hides on your Kindle in under a minute
37. ‘an Aloof and somewhat austere figure’ ‘I consider myself warm and friendly, but I act cool and Aloof with other people.’ ‘We keep our distance, lower our expectations, stay cool, Aloof, and separate.’
38. Synonyms for Aloof in Free Thesaurus
39. 42 synonyms for Aloof: distant, cold, reserved, cool, formal, remote, forbidding, detached, indifferent
40. Aloof - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
41. Definition of Aloof adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
42. Aloofness: See: disinterest , disregard , indifference , neutrality
43. As Aloof creatures, most cats prefer to be alone
44. 🔊 The queen has an Aloof personality which makes her appear snobbish to most people
45. 🔊 While my mother may seem a bit Aloof, she is really a very caring woman
46. 🔊 On the television show, the reality star seems Aloof …
47. Why did Dunn remain Aloof from the expatriate society in Macao for so many years when other traders partook of it regularly?
48. In short, to grow our intellectual capital and to ensure its steady flow to the business community, we can no longer afford to remain Aloof from the economic and business environment.
49. Aloof definition: Someone who is Aloof is not very friendly and does not like to spend time with other Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
50. The Sphinx, Aloof from such matters of little consequence, waits patiently beyond the pool
51. Dominic had held himself Aloof from everyone, wounding them in the process.: It is all becoming too complicated and so most subscribers prefer to keep themselves Aloof from the row for now and watch serials in peace.: The man seemed to have grasped the essence of standing Aloof from worldly anxieties
52. Aloof (adv.) 1530s, "to windward," from a-(1) "on" + Middle English loof "windward direction," probably from Dutch loef (Middle Dutch lof) "the weather side of a ship" (see luff (n.))
53. Antonyms for Aloof include friendly, approachable, outgoing, welcoming, pleasant, responsive, sociable, affable, gracious and kindly
54. The Aloof Guy used some pretty strong words against women--no doubt about that
55. When you use words like "manslut" (or whatever else like your sisters), it only goes to prove that the Aloof guy is right and that you know he is right, since you are attacking him personally
56. Kashmir remained Aloof of the British Raj, and was established as an independent state, under Hindu minority rule, a century prior to India's independence and nationhood
57. The common perception was that educated people remain Aloof of the problems of the country especially pertaining to the foreign affairs, but this was proven wrong by the whole
58. So now that we know why some dogs are Aloof, let’s try to figure out if your dog is actually Aloof
59. Some owners mistake Aloofness for something else
60. 64.3k Followers, 52 Following, 77 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Team Aloof (@teamAloof)
61. Definition of Aloof adjective in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
62. Divorcing the Aloof Husband Full Story
63. The expiry date of their relationship will extend indefinitely ant the Aloof husband will soon be infatuated with her
64. Aloof adj distant (e) → Guy became Aloof and silent
65. To remain Aloof rester à l'écart to stand Aloof se tenir à l'écart to remain Aloof from sth rester à l'écart de qch → They remained Aloof from the controversy.
66. Never stand Aloof from the masses
67. He often keeps Aloof when we chat together
68. I find her very Aloof and unfriendly
69. Some people find her Aloof and unfriendly
70. They worked hard, but tended to stay Aloof from th