See also: Alluding
1. 20 synonyms and near synonyms of Alluding from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
2. Find another word for Alluding.
3. Definition of Alluding in the Definitions.net dictionary
4. What does Alluding mean? Information and translations of Alluding in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
5. Instead, by Alluding, you give the reader a means of making the identification for him or herself by hinting at it
6. Synonyms for Alluding include implying, suggesting, hinting, indicating, inferring, insinuating, intimating, mentioning, adverting and citing
7. Synonyms for Alluding to include meaning, signifying, conveying, denoting, designating, indicating, connoting, showing, expressing and spelling out
8. Scalia, Alluding to a previous Supreme Court ruling that forced VMI to admit women, wrote, "VMI has previously seen another of its traditions abolished by this Court
9. Alluding Sentence Examples She regretted Alluding to it the moment the raw look of anguish crossed his face
10. He goes on to attribute the world's science and civilization to pagan inventors; but it is not clear whether in this he is Alluding …
11. Alluding in a sentence 1- I am not Alluding to any person in particular
12. 2- He was Alluding to the growing sway in rebel-held areas of Al-Qaeda loyalists and more extreme jihadist groups
13. 3- 'We try it about everywhere,' Rob said, Alluding to hotel suites, living rooms, and hallways
14. See 2 authoritative translations of Alluding in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
15. • Two further programmes Alluding to the resignation, due to be aired on Jan
16. / On Alluding 293 In v/hat follows, then, I shall be arguing that allusion is a manner of signifying which includes both the unique extension and precise aspect(s) of its referent intension - without overtly mentioning this aspect(s); and, although the context of the Alluding text aides in the latter process, this aid is also tacit.
17. Alluding: Present participle of <xref>allude</xref>
18. British Foreign Secretary David Miliband was stronger, suggesting sanctions could be a next consideration in a statement saying the six powers remained committed to their "dual track" policy - a term Alluding to attempts to engage Iran diplomatically but to turn to sanctions should the first track fail.
19. What annoyed him chiefly was their bravado in Alluding to the popes and bishops.; The doctrines to which I am especially Alluding are the theories of light and sound.; One of them had done a thing so unique and beautiful that I cannot refrain from Alluding to it.; It will be noted that Ben would be Alluding thus to Pedro, not to Cockie the cockatoo.; So wrote Ball to Lady Hamilton, Alluding to
20. Alluding to Gender and Class in Jane Eyre Name_____Anosha Zahid_____ Date____16/11/2020_____ Allusion Definition or Description Location Connection to Gender and/or Class "You have no business to take our books; you are a dependent, mama says; you have no money; your father left you none; you ought to beg, and not to live here with gentlemen's children like us, and eat the same meals we do
21. Several models employ the classic Automatic movement, Alluding directly to the popular Seiko 5 series
22. Sometimes this tiger was very ornate and had inscriptions within the drawing, Alluding to Tipu's faith
23. Someone wrote messages Alluding to white nationalist ideals on whiteboards in the Morris Family Multicultural Student Center on Feb
24. Alluding is an English language word that is well described on this page with all the important details i.e Alluding meaning, Alluding word synonyms, and its similar words
25. Alluding meaning in Urdu is حوالہ دینا and Alluding word meaning in roman can write as Hawala dana.
26. Tìm hiểu định nghĩa của 'Alluding'
27. Duyệt tìm các ví dụ về cách dùng 'Alluding' trong tập sao lục Tiếng Anh tuyệt vời.
28. The 44-year-old country superstar stole a singer from Kelly Clarkson by Alluding …
29. Points out, Alluding to Dumont’s (1977) distinction between ideology as a distortion of truth, and ideology as beliefs which are unquestioned and taken-for-granted
Allude is a word with playful roots—literally. It comes from the Latin alludere, which means "to play with," and shares the root of Latin ludere ("to play") with other English words, such as ludicrous and delude.
The definition of alluded means something brought up in conversation in a casual or non-specific manner. An example of alluded was when you casually mentioned your vacation without giving any details. YourDictionary definition and usage example. "Alluded.".
This is better known as the etymology of a word. The word is from the 1530s when it meant "to mock". The word allude also comes from the Latin word "alludere" which means "to play with." It also shares common roots with "ludere" which means "to play".
allude to (something or someone) : to speak of or mention (something or someone) in an indirect way. I'm interested in hearing more about the technology you alluded to a minute ago. She alluded to her first marriage/husband.