1. Allude is a word with playful roots—literally
2. It comes from the Latin Alludere, which means "to play with," and shares the root of Latin ludere ("to play") with other English words, such as ludicrous and delude
3. One of the former meanings of Allude …
4. Allude definition, to refer casually or indirectly; make an allusion (usually followed by to): He often Alluded to his poverty
5. 7 synonyms of Allude from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 9 related words, definitions, and antonyms
6. Allude: to convey an idea indirectly.
7. Find 8 ways to say Allude, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
8. Sort by: Allude Elbow Length Sleeve Cashmere Sweater
9. Allude Serafino Spread Collar Cashmere Sweater
10. Allude Rib Tie Front Sweater Vest
11. Allude Wool & Cashmere Long Sleeve Sweater Dress
13. Shop authentic Allude at up to 90% off
14. Crossword Clue The crossword clue Allude with 5 letters was last seen on the December 11, 2020.We think the likely answer to this clue is REFER.Below are all possible answers to this clue ordered by its rank
15. 'Allude' is a 6 letter word starting with A and ending with E Crossword clues for 'Allude' Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Allude We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Allude will help you to finish your crossword today.
16. In the arts, a literary allusion puts the Alluded text in a
17. BLACK Allude knitted hat in fluffy cashmere wool by Allude 89,00 € CASHMERE SCARF BLACK Beautiful scarf with 100% cashmere by Allude 199,00 € HAT WHITE Allude knitted hat in fluffy cashmere wool by Allude 89,00 € CASHMERE SCARF WEDGEWOOD ROSE Beautiful scarf with 100% cashmere by Allude 199,00 € Log in; Register; Deutsch;
18. , refer - To Allude is to "mention indirectly, hint at," and to refer is to "mention directly." See also related terms for hint
19. Shop Allude women's tops with price comparison across 300+ stores in one place
20. Discover the latest Allude tops for women at ModeSens.
21. Allude is a luxury knitwear label founded in 1993 by former model Andrea Karg that offers a selection of understated sweaters, cardigans, tanks and pullovers that are uncompromising in their quality and come in an array of chic pastels and bright colour pops.
22. Primary aftercare for typical Haircuts are minimal but do Allude to regular washing and drying and conditioning
23. Learn Allude with free interactive flashcards
24. Choose from 155 different sets of Allude flashcards on Quizlet.
25. Luxury knitwear brand Allude has its headquarters in Munich’s chic Lehel quarter
26. Allude Relax in delicate, soft cashmere with Allude
27. Shop designer items by Allude online
28. Allude is a verb, meaning to make an indirect reference
29. The politician Alluded to the recession by saying, “We’ve all had to make cuts.” As you can see, to Allude to (something) is to call attention to it or to hint at something, not to just state it plainly or directly.
30. It can be argued that the poems were an outlet for the frustration that this talented and capable woman had to endure because of race, but they Allude to thwarted love and loneliness as well.
31. Allude to someone or something to refer to someone or something; to make an implication about someone or something
32. I did not mean to Allude to someone you disliked so much
33. I Alluded to the accident only once.
34. Allude is from Latin allūdere "to play with, joke" from the prefix ad- "toward" plus lūdere "to play." The corresponding noun is allusion, which is often used of an indirect reference in literature: Helen, a fitting name for a woman of great beauty, is an allusion to Helen of Troy.
35. Examples of Allude in a sentence
36. The teacher asked the students to not Allude to any online sources in their research papers
37. 🔊 Even though the author claims his new work does not Allude to his previous novel, it actually does contain a reference in the book’s second chapter
38. Synonyms for Allude in Free Thesaurus
39. 2 synonyms for Allude: advert, touch
40. If you Allude to something, you mention it in an indirect way.
41. Allude (to) -- Find potential answers to this crossword clue at crosswordnexus.com
42. Find new and preloved Allude items at up to 70% off retail prices
43. His intimate knowledge of police procedure and the six-mile-long island helped him Allude arrest and avoid conviction for most of his crimes.
44. Allude is coy, to Allude is to refer to something in an indirect manner.But elude's favorite thing to do is hide from the cops; it means to evade.Because the accent is on the second syllable in both words, it's easy to get them mixed up
45. To Allude is to talk around something, give hints, and generally not say what you really want to say
46. You Allude to something when you don't want to say it
47. This crossword clue Allude to, cheekily was discovered last seen in the January 19 2021 at the Wall Street Journal Crossword
48. See 2 authoritative translations of Allude in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
49. Allude - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
50. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Allude to [sth/sb] vtr phrasal insep phrasal verb, transitive, inseparable: Verb with adverb(s) or preposition(s), having special meaning, not divisible--for example,"go with" [=combine nicely]: "Those red shoes don't go with my dress." NOT [S]"Those red shoes don't go my dress
51. ‘She does briefly Allude to this complexity between the local and the national on pages 27-28, but this could have been enhanced by further explicit reasoning and additional detail.’ ‘While he Alludes to abstraction and discusses it in objective terms, the notion most analysed in the book is the origin and function of naturalistic
52. According to the Merriam Webster Dictionary, the word Allude means, “to make indirect reference, or refer.” To “Allude to” is very common when discussing literature or …
53. Allude to sb/sth翻譯：影射，暗指；間接提到。了解更多。
54. What is the opposite of Allude? Antonyms for Allude (opposite of Allude)
55. Allude's cornflower-blue sweater attests to the label's well-honed knitwear expertise, which spans three decades
56. Allude (v.) 1530s, "to mock" (transitive, now obsolete), from French Alluder or directly from Latin Alludere "to play, make fun of, joke, jest," also of waves lapping the shore, from assimilated form of ad "to" (see ad-) + ludere "to play" (see ludicrous).Meaning "make an indirect reference, point in passing" is from 1530s
57. Allude "To Allude" means "to refer to indirectly." The verbs "to Allude" and "to mention" are close in meaning, but "to Allude" is less direct
58. It can be translated as "to hint at" or "to offer an indication about." Here are some examples of "Allude" in sentences:
59. Definition of Allude verb in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
60. French Translation of “Allude” The official Collins English-French Dictionary online
61. Allude From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Allude al‧lude / əˈluːd / verb → Allude to somebody/something → See Verb table Examples from the Corpus Allude • This building serves as a point of reference , alluding in its monumentality to the idea of art as drama .
Allude is a word with playful roots-literally. It comes from the Latin alludere, which means "to play with," and shares the root of Latin ludere ("to play") with other English words, such as ludicrous and delude. One of the former meanings of allude was "to engage in wordplay": this sense is now long obsolete.
This is better known as the etymology of a word. The word is from the 1530s when it meant "to mock". The word allude also comes from the Latin word "alludere" which means "to play with." It also shares common roots with "ludere" which means "to play".
allude(verb) To refer to something indirectly or by suggestion. Synonyms: refer, point, insinuate, suggest, imply, indicate, signify, advert, intimate, hint. allude(verb) Synonyms: hint, insinuate, suggest, signify, point, imply, intimate, indicate, refer, advert.
The verb elude means 'to escape mentally or physically'. On the other hand, the verb allude means 'to make a more or less distinguished or passing reference to something'. This shows that these verbs can be used only in different contexts.