1. Algae, singular alga, members of a group of predominantly aquatic photosynthetic organisms of the kingdom Protista.Algae have many types of life cycles, and they range in size from microscopic Micromonas species to giant kelps that reach 60 metres (200 feet) in length
Algae, Alga, Aquatic, And
2. Algae are free-living, although some can form a symbiotic relationship with other organisms
Algae, Are, Although
3. However, these are some of the more prominent types: Red Algae
4. Algae definition, any of numerous groups of chlorophyll-containing, mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms ranging from microscopic single-celled forms to multicellular forms 100 feet (30 meters) or more long, distinguished from plants by the absence of true roots, stems, and leaves and by a lack of nonreproductive cells in the reproductive structures: classified into the six phyla Euglenophyta
Algae, Any, Aquatic, Absence, And
5. Algae Algae (singular: alga) are plants or plantlike organisms that contain chlorophyll (pronounced KLOR-uh-fill) and other pigments (coloring matter) that trap light from the Sun 
Algae, Alga, Are, And
6. Algae are simple plants that can range from the microscopic (microAlgae), to large seaweeds (macroAlgae), such as giant kelp more than one hundred feet in length
Algae, Are, As
7. MicroAlgae include both cyanobacteria, (similar to bacteria, and formerly called “blue-green Algae”) as well as green, brown and red Algae…
And, Algae, As
8. Algae are always present in natural bodies of water like oceans, lakes, and rivers, but only a few types can produce toxins
Algae, Are, Always, And
9. In these Algae, toxin production can be stimulated by environmental factors such as light, temperature, and nutrient levels.
Algae, As, And
10. Algae are organisms, or living things, that are found all over the world
Algae, Are, All
11. Algae are very important because they make much of Earth’s oxygen, which humans and other animals need to breathe
Algae, Are, And, Animals
12. Some Algae, such as seaweed, look like plants
13. However, Algae are actually neither plants nor animals
Algae, Are, Actually, Animals
14. Chrysophyta (golden-brown Algae) The Chrysophyta are the golden-brown Algae and diatoms, which respectively account for 1,100 and 40,000-100,000 species of unicellular Algae.These Algae occur in both marine and fresh waters, although most species are marine.
Algae, Are, And, Account, Although
15. Harmful algal blooms, or HABs, occur when colonies of Algae — simple plants that live in the sea and freshwater — grow out of control and produce toxic or harmful effects on people, fish, shellfish, marine mammals and birds
Algal, Algae, And
16. The Algae are autotrophic protists that can be unicellular or multicellular
Algae, Are, Autotrophic
17. These organisms are found in the supergroups Chromalveolata (dinoflagellates, diatoms, golden Algae, and brown Algae) and Archaeplastida (red Algae and green Algae)
Are, Algae, And, Archaeplastida
18. Algae, as source of single-cell protein (SCP), is a term that refers to either microscopic single-cell true Algae or prokaryotic cyanobacteria, and their growth is based on the use of carbon dioxide and light energy (autotrophic growth)
Algae, As, And, Autotrophic
19. In contrast with other SCP-producing organisms, Algae are grown in many cases by processes resembling
20. Algae are important as primary producers of organic matter at the base of the food chain
Algae, Are, As, At
21. Algae may contribute to mass mortality of other organisms, in cases of algal blooms, but they also contribute to economic well- being in …
Algae, Algal, Also
22. Algae - Algae - Classification of Algae: The classification of Algae into taxonomic groups is based upon the same rules that are used for the classification of land plants, but the organization of groups of Algae above the order level has changed substantially since 1960
Algae, Are, Above
23. Our technology uses Algae to capture nitrogen and phosphorus from the wastewater
24. This phosphorus and nitrogen rich Algae can then be sold as a slow-release algal fertilizer so that your water’s useful byproducts don’t go to waste! Iowa-DNR-Approved, Effective Technology
And, Algae, As, Algal, Approved
25. A harmful Algae bloom occurs when cyanobacteria, also called blue-green Algae, produce toxins
26. Lady Bird Lake experienced a harmful Algae bloom in 2019, which sickened and killed several dogs
27. Green Algae in pool water is a fairly common issue in which free-floating Algae clouds the water, making it appear green
28. Fortunately, it is also the easiest Algae type to prevent and treat
Also, Algae, And
29. 1 hour ago · The new fossils also push back the time when Algae were living in marine environments, indicating that evolution had already occurred in lakes on land
Ago, Also, Algae, Already
30. Blue-green Algae have a high protein, iron, and other mineral content which is absorbed when taken orally.Blue-green Algae are being researched for their potential effects on the immune system
Algae, And, Absorbed, Are
31. Algae frequently get a bad press
32. The Culture Collection of Algae and Protozoa (CCAP) is the largest collection of marine and freshwater Algae, protists and seaweed in Europe
33. Algae and cyanobacteria consume oxygen at night (respiration) when there is not light for photosynthesis 44
Algae, And, At
34. A harmful Algae bloom occurs when cyanobacteria, also called blue-green Algae, produce toxins
35. Lady Bird Lake experienced a harmful Algae bloom in 2019, which sickened and killed several dogs
36. Current Status March 2, 2021 – We've seen green Algae at Red Bud Isle on Lady Bird Lake, but no obvious indications of cyanobacteria or blue-green Algae.
37. Algae is considered a primary source of omega-3 fats, and all fish — whether wild or farmed — get their omega-3 content by eating Algae (1, 12).In one study, Algae …
Algae, And, All
38. Algae synonyms, Algae pronunciation, Algae translation, English dictionary definition of Algae
39. Algae are so different from one another that they include single cells that are microscopic, to huge seaweeds, over 50 meters in length
Algae, Are, Another
40. The group “Algae” is more a matter of convenience to humans
41. Algae are all able to photosynthesize, that is, they use energy from the sun (photosynthesis) to make sugars inside the cell.
Algae, Are, All, Able
42. Alga definition is - a plant or plantlike organism of any of several phyla, divisions, or classes of chiefly aquatic usually chlorophyll-containing nonvascular organisms of polyphyletic origin that usually include the green, yellow-green, brown, and red Algae in the eukaryotes and especially formerly the cyanobacteria in the prokaryotes.
Alga, Any, Aquatic, And, Algae
43. 1 day ago · Plant-based tuna featuring protein-packed red Algae from Triton Algae Innovations could hit the market by the end of the year, says the San Diego-based firm, which says the …
44. – A potentially problematic invasive Algae has been found in Skaneateles Lake
45. Known by the cheery name of starry stonewort, the Algae could cause problems for …
46. Nordic Naturals Algae DHA - 500 mg Omega-3 DHA - 90 Soft Gels - Certified Vegan Algae Oil - Plant-Based DHA - Brain, Eye & Nervous System Support - Non-GMO - 45 Servings 4.8 out of 5 stars 225 $42.46 $ 42
47. Algae are a beneficial part of natural environments and only a few are harmful
Algae, Are, And
48. They are caused by diverse organisms, including toxic and noxious phytoplankton, cyanobacteria, benthic Algae, and macroAlgae
Are, And, Algae
49. Early in the history of life, Algae changed the planet’s atmosphere by producing oxygen, thus paving the way for the evolution of eukaryotic organisms
50. In an era in which the consumption of fossil fuels is a prime topic of concern, few people realize that the oil we currently exploit comes mostly from Cretaceous deposits of marine Algae
51. Moving from ancient times to the present, the Algae
52. These organisms were previously classified as a primitive subkingdom of the plant kingdom, the thallophytes thallophyte, common name for members of the Thallophyta (or Thallobionta), a taxonomic group in some archaic classification systems that comprised Algae, fungi, and lichens.
As, Archaic, Algae, And
53. Algae is now an ingredient in foods (for humans and animals), cosmetics, nutritional supplements like omega-3 oils, anti-oxidants, coloring agents, dyes for fabric, sunblock lotion, printing ink, flour and paper, among many other consumer products
Algae, An, And, Animals, Anti, Agents, Among
54. Beyond those uses, Algae is a key ingredient in materials essential to a variety of industries.
55. Algae for biofuels is typically farmed in ponds, using the sun
56. Hann’s method will be to “potentially grow the Algae in a confined space, just using electricity from the solar panels,” the
57. Brown Algae: Also known as gravel or silica Algae, this Algae is common in new tanks, and will coat the tank in sheets, which are easily wiped off.It is usually harmless and will eventually go away as the tank matures
Algae, Also, As, And, Are, Away
58. Blue-green Algae: Also known as slime or smear Algae, it can be caused by an excess of nitrate and phosphate in the water
Algae, Also, As, An, And
59. In most cases, this is actually not Algae at all, but
Actually, Algae, At, All
60. Produces biofuels and chemical products from microAlgae obtained by treating wastewater and flue gas in order to prevent the problems which cause pollution in the environment.
61. Algae are plant-like organisms that sustain marine life
62. But sometimes, when conditions are right—warm water and increased nutrients—certain Algae can quickly grow and overpopulate
Are, And, Algae
63. The Vitamin Shoppe PlantBased Algae Calcium Bone Formula with Magnesium, D3, K2 for Bone Support (90 Veggie Capsules) 4.3 out of 5 stars 49 $24.99 $ 24
64. Learn Algae with free interactive flashcards
65. Choose from 500 different sets of Algae flashcards on Quizlet.
3 Answers. The major difference between plants and algae is that plants have connective tissues for the transportation of water in the entire plant body while every cell of algae absorbs water from the source on its own. There is no connective tissue is algae.
Algae play an important role in the global carbon cycle by fixing carbon dioxide into edible polysaccharides and other high energy carbon molecules. Other organisms feed on algae, and so on up the food chain.
Algae are NOT considered plants. Instead algae are considered protists in the old classification of eukaryotes (not bacteria). Alga are actually three main unrelated stock, the Cabozoa, Chromalveolata and Archaeaplastida (plants). There's also the (not algae) blue-green algae, which is a bacteria.
Multicellular examples of algae include the giant kelp and brown algae. Unicellular examples include diatoms, Euglenophyta, and Dinoflagellates. Most algae require a moist or watery environment; hence, they are ubiquitous near or inside water bodies.