1. The "-gog" part of the word might make one wonder if "Agog" has a connection to the verb goggle, meaning "to stare with wide or protuberant eyes, as in the manner of one who is intensely excited …
2. (postpositive) highly impatient, eager, or curious Word Origin for Agog C15: perhaps from Old French en gogues in merriments, origin unknown Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 …
3. Agog adjective eager, excited, curious, enthusiastic, impatient, enthralled, avid, expectant, in suspense The city was Agog with rumours last night
4. Agog Here climaxes are achieved through the melodic writing - essentially a matter of tessitura, phrase length and Agog ics - though the result is in no way 'linear'
5. From the Cambridge English Corpus We were all left Agog, …
6. 34 synonyms of Agog from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 38 related words, definitions, and antonyms
7. Agog: having or showing signs of eagerly awaiting something.
8. The little garrison town is Agog with the excitement of a newly declared war
9. MODERNITIES HORACE BARNETT SAMUEL In England all the world has been Agog for the approaching opening of Parliament, which was to take place on the 3d of February
10. The definition of Agog is a person who is in a state of extreme excitement, wonder, or expectancy
11. An example of the word Agog would be to describe the anticipation of …
12. Examples of Agog in a sentence The little kids were Agog as they waited for Santa Claus to arrive
13. 🔊 On the way to the concert hall, the teen girls were agog at the thought of seeing their favorite singer
14. 🔊 Fans of the movie series are agog about the upcoming release of the new film
15. Found 168 words containing Agog
16. Browse our Scrabble Word Finder, Words With Friends cheat dictionary, and WordHub word solver to find words that contain Agog
17. Or use our Unscramble word solver to find your best possible play! Related: Words that start with Agog, Words that end in Agog Scrabble Words With Friends WordHub Crossword 27 letter words
18. An Agogô (Yoruba: Agogo, meaning bell) is a single or a multiple bell now used throughout the world but with origins in traditional Yoruba and Edo music and also in the samba baterias (percussion ensembles)
19. The Agogô may be the oldest samba instrument and was based on West African Yoruba single or double bells
20. The Agogô has the highest pitch of any of the bateria instruments.
21. Agog (comparative more Agog, superlative most Agog) In a state of high anticipation, excitement, or interest.
22. Before Agog: The CAM Discord Invitation Link, needed only by new CAM Discord users, will be provided prior to the start of Agog after 10 AM on Thursday, February 25 th.If you don't have Discord already, we recommend you download the app and register at least 30 minutes before the event (see setup instructions); it’s free.
23. If you are Agog, you are excited about something, and eager to know more about it
24. The city was Agog with rumours last night that the two had been executed
25. Synonyms: eager, excited, curious, enthusiastic More Synonyms of Agog COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary.
26. Agog (adv.) "in a state of desire; in a state of imagination; heated with the notion of some enjoyment; longing" [Johnson], c
27. Agog horse page with past performances, results, pedigree, photos and videos
28. Hunchback ogles, walleyed (one Agog, the other cataracted, so that the globes resemble one of the creature's teeth, which are about the size of the buttons on his collar)
29. Michael Minelli: Michael Kohn Gallery One tramp watched Agog as the police removed can after can of booze from United fans at the turnstiles and threw them into a skip.
30. Search for Agog in Wikipedia to check for alternative titles or spellings
31. Start the Agog article, using the Article Wizard if you wish, or add a request for it; but please remember Wikipedia is not a dictionary
32. Agog: Full of keen anticipation or excitement; eager
33. I love the word Agog, it sounds like caveman speech.
34. In New Zealand, on the other hand, although in Agog an Act was passed by which every man between 17 and 55 years of age is liable for service, the Government have lately decided to create a maximum force of 30,000 men, and to secure universal …
35. He sat there, all Agog, as the master of ceremonies read his name as the winner of first prize.
36. -Agogue definition, a combining form with the meaning “leader, bringer,” of that named by the initial element, occurring in loanwords from Greek (demAgogue; pedAgogue); used also in medical terms that denote substances inducing the expulsion or secretion of that named by the initial element (cholAgogue; hemAgogue)
37. Looking around, I discovered that Agog is having serious identity issues
38. Typical of recent usage was a headline in the Irish Times in 2011, “Americans left Agog at confused cruelty of Irish abortion law”
39. To me, Agog can’t mean “astonished”, but its entry in the Oxford English Dictionary, revised in 2012, says
40. The audience was all Agog as the speaker recounted tales of his experience as a stunt car driver.
41. Agog - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
42. Definition of Agog adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
43. Agog: Art Gallery of Golden (Golden, British Columbia, Canada) Agog: Australian Genomics and Clinical Outcomes of High Grade Glioma (Australia) Agog: Advisory Group on Governance (UK) Agog: Asian Gynecologic Oncology Group (Taiwan) Agog: Arizona Gun Owners Guide (Alan Korwin book) Agog: Alumni Geographers of Geneseo (est
44. Gog and MAgog, in the Hebrew Bible, the prophesied invader of Israel and the land from which he comes, respectively; or, in the Christian Scriptures (New Testament), evil forces opposed to the people of God
45. Although biblical references to Gog and MAgog are relatively few, they assumed an important
46. Agog: 1 adj highly excited Synonyms: excited in an aroused state adj having or showing keen interest or intense desire or impatient expectancy Synonyms: eager anxious , dying eagerly desirous hot having or showing great eagerness or enthusiasm impatient , raring (usually followed by `to') full of eagerness overeager excessively eager
47. Agog - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
48. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Agog, all Agog adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (eager) ansioso/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa [b]grande[/b]", "mujer [b]alta[/b]").
49. ‘The county remains Agog since that superlative victory over Tipperary and supporters will relish this latest opportunity to get another look at the heroes of that unforgettable day.’ ‘Though the event has created few ripples in the music scene in the city so far, Rahman's die-hard fans are all Agog to see how the United Kingdom is going
50. The Agog Gallery is a unique art gallery where we believe that the meaning of art is also the meaning of the artist
51. Definition of Agog in the Definitions.net dictionary
52. What does Agog mean? Information and translations of Agog in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
53. Alternative form of -Agogue Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
54. Find more ways to say Agog, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
55. Agog is one stop solution for a women’s perfect Wardrobe collection
56. Agog is an upcoming brand under
57. Looking for online definition of Agog or what Agog stands for? Agog is listed in the World's largest and most authoritative dictionary database of abbreviations and acronyms The Free Dictionary
58. Agog, Ciudad de Guatemala (Guatemala City, Guatemala)
59. Examples from the Corpus Agog • The townsfolk of Berwick were Agog, and not a little apprehensive
60. • The court was Agog and the journalists continued to scribble away, knowing they were about to have a field day
61. • Everyone was Agog to hear what on earth comrade Khrushchev would say.
62. Usage examples of "Agog"
63. Everyone stopped speaking to stare Agog at the man who had uttered this bizarre snippet.
64. Ludlow came in dressed in a long black gown, all the girls were Agog over him.
65. But everyone was Agog for news of the events on the Lachlan, and for hard information about the supposed gold finds.
66. How to say Agog in English? Pronunciation of Agog with 2 audio pronunciations, 8 synonyms, 1 meaning, 1 antonym, 9 translations, 6 sentences and more for Agog.
Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight. Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight (abbreviated ACOG) is a series of telescopic sights manufactured by Trijicon.
The definition of agog is a person who is in a state of extreme excitement, wonder, or expectancy. An example of the word agog would be to describe the anticipation of a new father while the mother is in labor.
-agogic-, -agogue, -agog, -agogic, -agoguery, -agogy (Greek: usually a suffix meaning: lead, leading, leading forth, guide, guiding; bring, take; promoting, stimulating) agogic