1. Agnostic first appeared in 1869, (possibly coined by the English biologist Thomas Henry Huxley), and was formed from the Greek agnōstos (meaning "unknown, unknowable")
Agnostic, Appeared, And, Agn
2. Agnostic, atheist, infidel, skeptic refer to persons not inclined toward religious belief or a particular form of religious belief
3. An Agnostic is one who believes it impossible to know anything about God or about the creation of the universe and refrains from commitment to any religious doctrine.
An, Agnostic, Anything, About, And, Any
4. Agnostic.com The social network for atheists, Agnostics & skeptics.
Agnostic, Atheists, Agnostics, Amp
5. Agnostic noun sceptic, cynic, scoffer, doubter, disbeliever, unbeliever, doubting Thomas, Pyrrhonist He was, if not an atheist, an Agnostic. adjective sceptical, questioning, doubting, cynical, doubtful, scoffing, unconvinced, disbelieving, incredulous, quizzical, mistrustful, unbelieving She grew up in an Agnostic …
Agnostic, An, Atheist, Adjective
6. Agnosticism definition is - an Agnostic quality, state, or attitude:
Agnosticism, An, Agnostic, Attitude
7. How to use Agnosticism in a sentence.
8. Agnosticism, (from Greek agnōstos, “unknowable”), strictly speaking, the doctrine that humans cannot know of the existence of anything beyond the phenomena of their experience.
Agnosticism, Agn, Anything
9. An Agnostic is anyone who doesn't claim to know that any gods exist or not
An, Agnostic, Anyone, Any
10. Some imagine that Agnosticism is an alternative to atheism, but those people have typically bought into the mistaken notion of the single, narrow definition of atheism.
Agnosticism, An, Alternative, Atheism
11. An Agnostic is anyone who doesn't claim to know whether any gods exist or not
An, Agnostic, Anyone, Any
12. One major problem is that atheism and Agnosticism both deal with questions regarding the existence of gods.
Atheism, And, Agnosticism
13. / æɡˈnɑː.stɪk / someone who does not know, or believes that it is impossible to know, if a god exists: Although he was raised a Catholic, he was an Agnostic for most of his adult life.
Although, An, Agnostic, Adult
14. However, an Agnostic neither believes nor disbelieves in a god or religious doctrine
15. Agnostics assert that it’s impossible for human beings to know anything about how the universe was created and whether or not divine beings exist.
Agnostics, Assert, Anything, About, And
16. Agnostic, in an information technology (IT) context, refers to something that is generalized so that it is interoperable among various systems
Agnostic, An, Among
17. The word Agnostic comes from the Greek a-, meaning without and gnōsis, meaning knowledge.
18. Agnostic Definition: Understanding the Origin of the Term
19. Let’s take a moment to define Agnostic
20. The term was first coined by English biologist Thomas Henry Huxley in 1884, who coined the term “Agnostic” to refer to people who:
21. Agnostic means a person who views the existence of ultimate truth as unknowable, particularly when it comes to the existence of God
22. Charles Darwin is an example of a famous Agnostic.
23. Meet Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists and other happy nonbelievers - all for free!
Agnostics, Atheists, And, All
24. Welcome to r/Agnostic! We’re a small community that is dedicated to discussing different perspectives regarding our knowledge of reality and everything that may or may not be in it
25. An “Agnostic” is someone who admits they have no fucking idea how the universe originated
An, Agnostic, Admits
26. Agnostic are unable to find convincing evidence that one or more deities exist
27. The term “Agnostic” is derived from two Greek words: a, meaning “no,” and gnosis, meaning “knowledge.” Literally an Agnostic is a person who claims to have no knowledge
Agnostic, And, An
28. Often Agnostics apply this lack of knowledge to the existence of God
29. In this case, an Agnostic is one who does not affirm or deny the existence of God.
An, Agnostic, Affirm
30. Agnostic (in non-religious usage) properly means that one has not or cannot come to an opinion on a matter
31. What is an Agnostic? An Agnostic is popularly defined as a person who holds to a middle ground between atheism and theism who also believes that the existence of God is a definite possibility but it is not within the realm of one’s knowledge
An, Agnostic, As, Atheism, And, Also
32. The term Agnostic is a combination of the Greek prefix a meaning without and gnosis meaning knowledge.
33. If someone believes they cannot know whether or not God exists, that person is an Agnostic
34. Your grandmother might be a devout believer, while your mom is Agnostic.
35. In computing, a device or software program is said to be Agnostic or data Agnostic if the method or format of data transmission is irrelevant to the device or program’s function
36. It makes sense to be an Agnostic atheist
An, Agnostic, Atheist
37. Although atheism and Agnosticism are often characterized as being opposing views, there is a way to see …
Although, Atheism, And, Agnosticism, Are, As
38. Agnostic theism, agnostotheism or agnostitheism is the philosophical view that encompasses both theism and Agnosticism.An Agnostic theist believes in the existence of a God or gods, but regards the basis of this proposition as unknown or inherently unknowable.The Agnostic theist may also or alternatively be Agnostic regarding the properties of the God or gods that they believe in.
Agnostic, Agnostotheism, Agnostitheism, And, Agnosticism, An, As, Also, Alternatively
39. Platform Agnostic is a a concept that refers to the design attributes and philosophies of software products
Agnostic, Attributes, And
40. A platform Agnostic product runs equally well across more than one platform.
41. What Is the Difference between Pagan, Agnostic, and Atheist? ,Jason Soroski - Read more about spiritual life growth, Christian living, and faith.
Agnostic, And, Atheist, About
42. Atheist / Agnostic Why life exists and for what purpose—humans have struggled to answer that question for millennia
Atheist, Agnostic, And, Answer
43. Praise for Agnostic: “In Hazleton’s vital, mischievous new book, the term [Agnostic] represents a positive orientation towards life all its own, one that embraces both science and mystery, and values the immediate joys of life…In each of her wide-ranging reflections….she remains intimately grounded and engaged in our human, day-to-day life.”
Agnostic, All, And
44. The Agnostic is a keystone passive skill that removes your energy shield and drains mana per second to recover your life while you are not at full life
Agnostic, And, Are, At
45. Key Difference – Gnostic vs Agnostic Gnostic and Agnostic are two contrary terms that appear in religious contexts between which a key difference can be highlighted
Agnostic, And, Are, Appear
46. Sector Agnostic companies don’t specialize in specific sectors
47. Term industry-Agnostic is a better term than sector Agnostic because it refers to a specific group of companies that operate in a similar business sphere
48. Find 6 ways to say Agnostic, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Agnostic, Along, Antonyms, And, At
49. Christian Agnostics practice a distinct form of Agnosticism that applies only to the properties of God.They hold that it is difficult or impossible to be sure of anything beyond the basic tenets of the Christian faith.They believe that God or a higher power might exist, that Jesus may have a special relationship with God, might in some way be divine, and that God might perhaps be worshipped.
Agnostics, Agnosticism, Applies, Anything, And
50. A proper Agnostic doesn't dodge the hard questions, yet leaves room for spirituality and awe
Agnostic, And, Awe
51. Says Vernon, "A spirituality-inclined Agnostic is like being a believer to this extent: we are individuals who think that God is not a silly question, as the conviction atheist must have concluded, but rather one that our experience demands we keep asking.
Agnostic, Are, As, Atheist, Asking
52. Agnosticism is not a theist practice but is a position of non-positionality
53. An Agnostic, on the other hand, does not purport to know conclusively whether any god exists or not
An, Agnostic, Any
54. Agnostics are unwilling to make a final statement about the existence of a god in our universe.
Agnostics, Are, About
55. Agnostic (n.) 1870, "one who professes that the existence of a First Cause and the essential nature of things are not and cannot be known" [Klein]; coined by T.H
Agnostic, And, Are
56. And recently there was a stir occasioned by Paul Kurtz, the much-admired former editor of the Agnostic/atheist publication The Skeptical Inquirer who had …
And, Admired, Agnostic, Atheist