1. "Aghast" traces back to a Middle English verb, gasten, meaning "to frighten." "Gasten" (which also gave us ghastly, meaning "terrible or frightening) comes from "gast," a Middle English spelling of the word …
2. Struck with overwhelming shock or amazement; filled with sudden fright or horror: They stood Aghast at the sight of the plane crashing.
3. Aghast adjective horrified, shocked, amazed, stunned, appalled, astonished, startled, astounded, confounded, awestruck, horror-struck, thunder-struck His colleagues were Aghast at the sackings
4. Shocked or surprised in an unpleasant way: Workers and union officials were Aghast at the layoffs
5. (Definition of Aghast from the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary © Cambridge University Press)
6. Aghast comes from Old English gasten, "frighten," which comes in turn from gāst, "ghost." If you've seen a look of absolute shock or terror on someone's face — like when your mom (or dad) sees a mouse — you can describe the look with the adjective Aghast. …
7. 14 synonyms of Aghast from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 47 related words, definitions, and antonyms
8. Aghast: filled with fear or dread.
9. The definition of Aghast is someone or something who has been surprised, awed or horrified
10. An example of someone who might feel Aghast is a person who returns home to find his house has burned down.
11. Aghast is a histogramming library that does not fill histograms and does not plot them
12. Find 22 ways to say Aghast, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
13. 180 rows · There are several bands named Aghast: 1) Aghast was a dark ambient …
14. Examples of Aghast in a sentence The teacher was Aghast at the large number of students who failed the easy test
15. 🔊 When the magician did his disappearing trick, the speechless audience was Aghast
16. 🔊 Helen was aghast when she found the illegal drugs buried in her backyard
17. Aghast onlookers could do nothing to help the people in the burning car
18. The spectators stood Aghast as the magician apparently sawed the woman in the box in half
19. Aghast at the revelation, I asked myself what motive this man could originally have had in practising this elaborate deception upon me
20. Well, said he, if you had committed a murder, and I had told you your crime was discovered, you could scarcely look more Aghast .
21. The Aghast and thunderstricken philosophers remained gazing at each other for a moment.: I heard Cousin Egbert say with what I was Aghast to suspect was admiration.: When mamma saw the wide staircase leading to the dormitories she was Aghast.: Mercedes begged, Aghast, quaking in realisation of the enormity of her mistake
22. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English a‧ghast /əˈɡɑːst $ əˈɡæst/ adjective [ not before noun] written feeling or looking shocked by something you have seen or just found out Aghast at Everyone was Aghast at the verdict.
23. Adjective [ADJ after v] If you are Aghast, you are filled with horror and surprise.
24. "The British public, millions of extra people that tuned in last night, are Aghast by the display of bias from the BBC, the venom from the political class, and the sheer unfairness.
25. VOA: standard.2009.10.23 We would think that Milton's contemporaries might be Aghast that such a sympathetic portrait of Satan could be used at the beginning of the poem.
26. Aghast - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
27. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Aghast adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (horrified, shocked) espantado/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa grande", "mujer alta").
28. Definition of Aghast written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
29. Translation for 'Aghast' in the free English-Dutch dictionary and many other Dutch translations.
30. Everyone was Aghast at the verdict
31. She was Aghast at the extent of the damage to her car
32. She watched Aghast as his life flowed away
33. He stood Aghast at the terrible sight
34. Who are Aghast & what are we doing? We are a growing group of concerned residents who live around the Gasworks site in East Brighton
35. Agatha stood Aghast at the idea of having nephews! Both sisters looked Aghast at this audacity
36. Henderson started back Aghast at the boldness of this plan
37. The two people inside stood Aghast at her appearance
38. I, too, have been Aghast at the change
39. His captains hastened towards him, Aghast and curious
40. Poor Mr Plympton looked Aghast at the
41. Aghast in a sentence - Use "Aghast" in a sentence 1
42. Examples of Aghast in a sentence The teacher was Aghast at the large number of students who failed the easy test
43. 🔊 When the magician did his disappearing trick, the speechless audience was Aghast
44. 🔊 Helen was Aghast when she found the illegal drugs buried in her backyard
45. Synonyms for Aghast in Free Thesaurus
46. 23 synonyms for Aghast: horrified, shocked, amazed, stunned, appalled, astonished, startled, astounded
47. Aghast! will be on hiatus until things have settled
48. On a positive note an Aghast baby will be released in November
49. The top names are watching Aghast as their sales take a historic dive and ever more publications take refuge on the internet so as to avoid disappearance
50. Aghast at something He stood Aghast at the sight of so much blood
51. CNN Reporter Aghast at Maskless, Drunk Super Bowl Crowds in Tampa: I Asked the Police, ‘What Are You Doing About This?’ By Sarah Rumpf Feb 7th, 2021, 6:48 pm
52. Aghast is a Hubble Space Telescope cycle 17 program
53. Synonyms for Aghast include horrified, shocked, appalled, fearful, frightened, scared, affrighted, afraid, alarmed and hysterical
54. Prince William and Kate Middleton are feeling “utterly Aghast” ahead of Harry and Meghan’s Oprah interview on Sunday, March 7, …
55. I would be Aghast if orthodox Presbyterians were required to endorse the populist argument for a global flood in the May issue [“Animals, a Deluge and Noah’s Ark”]
56. Boris's aides have watched Aghast as the government has muddled its way into disaster after disaster.
57. Churchgoers looked Aghast as a scruffy down-and-out huddled in the church doorway as they arrived for morning service.
58. A family party weeks later sees a host of close friends Aghast as the transformed, glamorous and beautiful new Maddy enters the room.
59. Find 22 ways to say Aghast, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
60. They are utterly Aghast,” the source said
61. Definition of Aghast adjective in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
62. Aghast Hexerei im zwielicht der finsternis music for Witches
63. 35:02; My Darkest Desire by Aghast
64. 5:13; Historia y análisis de Aghast y su oscuro álbum
65. 5:47; Aghast - Enthral [HD] 1:42; Aghast - The Darkest Desire [HD] 5:18; Aghast - Das Irrlicht
66. 4:00; Aghast - Enter The Hall Of Ice