aggression (noun) · aggressions (plural noun)
1. Aggressins enzymes that are produced by pathogenic bacteria. The Aggressins dissolve tissues and enable the bacteria to enter the host tissues. Collins Dictionary of Biology, 3rd ed
2. Aggressins meaning Plural form of aggressin.
3. Aggressins —: Other non-toxic protective or aggressive factors that may contribute to the ability of capsulate and non-capsulate pathogens to invade and multiply in the host tissues are: 1
4. Aggressins: An Outline of the Development of the Theory and Notes on the Use of These Products J Bacteriol
5. Aggressin (plural Aggressins) (biology) Any substance, produced in the body by a pathogenic bacterium, that enhances the virulence of the bacteria.
6. Aggressins —: Other non-toxic protective or aggressive factors that may contribute to the ability of capsulate and non-capsulate pathogens to invade and multiply in the host tissues are: 1
7. Aggressins that facilitate pathogenesis
8. To the Editor:—The editorial comment on bacterial auto-Aggressins (The Journal, January 25, p
9. Bacteria produce a wide range of virulence factors which cause host tissue pathology, and these diverse factors have been grouped into four families: adhesins, Aggressins, impedins, and invasins.
10. Aggressins inhibit the defence mechanisms of the host organism
11. Aggressins Bail used Aggressins to produce immunity against anthrax (1904), typhoid (1905), typhus and cholera (1905d), and Weil usedAggressins in fowl cholera (1905)
12. Bail's theory of the formation of true Aggressins by an inter-action of the body and the germ has been elaborated by other workers, notably his co-worker Weil (1905), who showed that
13. Two components of the anthrax toxin: their relationship to known immunising Aggressins
14. Some Clostridia Produce Gas gangrene• The organisms associated with gas gangrene attack soft tissues by producing toxins and Aggressins, and are referred to as histotoxic
15. Determine the immunizing value of the commercial Aggressins, when an opportunity to do so presented itself
16. The artificial Aggressins, obtained in vitro either with serum or with distilled water, are much more easily procured and just as effective as the natural aggressive exudates.[quot] The aggressive effect of the so-called Aggressins is nothing else but the [quot]tying down of the natural protective substances of the living body through the
17. The Aggressins dissolve tissues and enable the bacteria to enter the host tissues
18. In my opinion the Aggressins are thermo-stable in the vast majority of cases, and some exudates may contain specific substances which resist boiling, while the common inhibitory bodies are usually unaffected by temperatures falling between 550 to 60[deg] C
19. 2, 374] hyperimmunized horses by the injection of oedema fluids, which supposedly contain the bacterial products termed, by BAIL, Aggressins
20. These findings highlighted the involvement of certain toxins, microbial toxins or Aggressins, in the establishment of diseased conditions in plants
21. On toxins and Aggressins On toxins and Aggressins SCHEFFER, R