See also: Afterwards Afterward After Aftermath Afterlife Afterthought Afternoon Afterword Aftershock Aftertaste Afterbirth Aftereffect Aftershave Afterdeck Afterglow Aftertouch Afterguard Afterpains After-hours Afterimage
1. If something happens Afterwards, it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned
Afterwards, After, Already
2. You often use Afterwards in expressions like not long Afterwards, soon Afterwards, and shortly Afterwards
3. Afterwards definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation
Afterwards, At, And
4. COVID-19 SHOPPING INFO Following cdc and state/county guidelines, Afterwards will remain open for in-person shopping with limited capacity.
5. / ˈæf.tɚ.wɚdz / (US usually afterward) A2 after the time mentioned: We had tea, and Afterwards we sat in the garden for a while.
Afterward, After, And, Afterwards
6. There is no difference between afterward and Afterwards. Neither is more correct or incorrect than the other, and both appear throughout the English-speaking world
Afterward, And, Afterwards, Appear
7. And Canada tend to favor Afterwards.
8. Afterwards Thomas Hardy - 1840-1928 When the Present has latched its postern behind my tremulous stay, And the May month flaps its glad green leaves like wings, Delicate-filmed as new-spun silk, will the neighbours say, "He was a man who used to notice such things"?
Afterwards, And, As
9. A classic Hardy poem – analysed by Dr Oliver Tearle ‘Afterwards’ is one of Thomas Hardy’s most famous and widely anthologised poems
Analysed, Afterwards, And, Anthologised
10. The Crossword Solver found 20 answers to the Afterwards crossword clue
11. It was Afterwards used as a schoolroom in connection with Winfield's factory
12. HARMAN AND WALTER SHOWELL Afterwards we saw you once or twice at tea at the Ritz, and you took off your hat, so you must have remembered then
And, Afterwards, At
13. Venus Afterwardswas called the Assyrian goddess or Astarte, the queen of heaven
Afterwardswas, Assyrian, Astarte
14. The pair then went across the street to buy food provisions and returned shortly Afterwardsto find smoke billowing from the caravan
Across, And, Afterwardsto
15. Afterwards is a dark yet spiritual drama that follows the journey of a man who's been abandoned in the frozen north for thirty years after his death.
Afterwards, Abandoned, After
16. What is the difference between afterward or Afterwards?
17. The words afterward and Afterwards have the same definition, and we use them as adverbs to modify other adjectives, verbs, phrases, or adverbs in a sentence
Afterward, And, Afterwards, As, Adverbs, Adjectives
18. The main difference between the two words is that “Afterwards” is standard English for the United Kingdom, while “afterward” is more common for the United States.
19. Adverb If you do something or if something happens Afterwards, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned
Adverb, Afterwards, After, Already
20. Shortly Afterwards, police arrested four suspects
21. James was taken to hospital but died soon Afterwards.
22. In Afterwards the main point was the performances from the cast
23. Afterwards Poem by Thomas Hardy
24. Definition of Afterwards in the Definitions.net dictionary
25. What does Afterwards mean? Information and translations of Afterwards in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
26. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English af‧ter‧wards /ˈɑːftəwədz $ ˈæftərwərdz/ ●●● S2 W3 adverb (also afterward) after an event or time that has already been mentioned Charles arrived shortly Afterwards
Af, Adverb, Also, Afterward, After, An, Already, Arrived, Afterwards
27. Days/weeks etc Afterwards The experience haunted me …
28. Afterward/Afterwards, put the liquid chocolate in moulds - English Only forum Afterwards vs afterward - English Only forum Dont work up any more brawn there than you can use every day afterward - English Only forum give you a sticker afterward - English Only forum "I needed not write to him because he phoned me yesterday afterward." - English
Afterward, Afterwards, Any
29. Provided to YouTube by Beggars Group Digital Ltd.Afterwards · Arca · BjörkKiCk i℗ 2019 XL Recordings LtdReleased on: 2020-06-26Mixer: Alex EptonAssociated P
Afterwards, Arca, Alex
30. Afterwards is a fine thriller with excellent acting all the way
Afterwards, Acting, All
31. ‘Shortly Afterwards two men approached the wire gate but left a few seconds later.’ ‘Then she heard a cracking noise and shortly Afterwards the smoke detector sounded.’ ‘He showed no concern or remorse but one witness saw him smiling shortly Afterwards.’
Afterwards, Approached, And
32. Afterwards I felt a great sense of relief
33. = Afterwards, I felt a great sense of relief
34. 之後，我感到無比的放鬆。 Her grandmother’s heart stopped beating and she died soon Afterwards
35. 她的奶奶心臟停止跳動，而後馬上就離世了。 I will take you to the park, but Afterwards you must clean your room.
36. Afterwards (French: Et après) is a 2008 English-language psychological thriller film directed by Gilles Bourdos and starring Romain Duris, John Malkovich and Evangeline Lilly.Based on Guillaume Musso's novel Et après, the story tells of a workaholic lawyer who is told by a self-proclaimed visionary that he must try to prevent his imminent death.
Afterwards, Apr, And
37. As adverbs the difference between then and Afterwards is that then is (label) at that time while Afterwards is (temporal location) at a later or succeeding time
As, Adverbs, And, Afterwards, At
38. Synonyms for Afterwards include later, subsequently, then, after, after that, eventually, following that, thereupon, afterward and next
Afterwards, After, Afterward, And
39. Afterwards she was sorry for what she'd said
40. Let's go out now and eat Afterwards
41. Shortly Afterwards he met her again
42. He took his family to supper at a restaurant, and soon Afterwards, he fell ill
At, And, Afterwards
43. Another word for Afterwards: later, after, then, after that, subsequently Collins English Thesaurus
Another, Afterwards, After
44. Afterward/Afterwards, put the liquid chocolate in moulds - English Only forum Afterwards vs afterward - English Only forum Dont work up any more brawn there than you can use every day afterward - English Only forum give you a sticker afterward - English Only forum "I needed not write to him because he phoned me yesterday afterward." - English
Afterward, Afterwards, Any
45. Moreover, the ministers recognised it shortly Afterwards, which, Mr President, reflects once again this desire to cooperate with the Council
46. ‘Shortly Afterwards two men approached the wire gate but left a few seconds later.’ ‘Then she heard a cracking noise and shortly Afterwards the smoke detector sounded.’ ‘He showed no concern or remorse but one witness saw him smiling shortly Afterwards.’
Afterwards, Approached, And
47. “Afterwards” is the sixth track from Arca’s fourth album KiCk i.The lyrics were officially revealed by Björk on her Facebook page.
Afterwards, Arca, Album
48. Synonyms for Afterwards in Free Thesaurus
49. 20 synonyms for Afterwards: later, after, then, after that, subsequently, thereafter, following that, at a later date or time, after, afterward, later, latterly
Afterwards, After, At, Afterward
50. What are synonyms for Afterwards?
51. I thought that "Afterwards" was the proper word to use here, and not "after"
Afterwards, And, After
52. I was taught that if you didn´t say anything after "after" then you should write or say "Afterwards" and that if you said something, you could say: "after", like:
Anything, After, Afterwards, And
53. The Agency will perform a simple electronic completeness check at the dossier submission stage (the quality of the information submitted may be checked Afterwards in the evaluation process)
Agency, At, Afterwards
54. Specialties: Afterwards is the peninsula's premier consignment store for high end furniture, designer women's and men's clothing and accessories
Afterwards, And, Accessories
55. We invite you to come and discover all that Afterwards…
And, All, Afterwards
56. “Afterwards” is written from the perspective of a speaker speculating about the aftermath of his own death
Afterwards, About, Aftermath
57. “Afterwards is an exceptional literary thriller that resonates with depth and despair
Afterwards, An, And
58. Afterwards is not a conventional story being narrated by Grace a woman who has left her body in a hospital bed
afterwards (adverb) · afterward (adverb)
After means 'later than' and 'next in time or place'. ... After or afterwards as an adverb We can use after as an adverb, but afterwards is more common. When after is used, it is usually as part of an adverb phrase: ...
After or afterwards as an adverb. We can use after as an adverb, but afterwards is more common. When after is used, it is usually as part of an adverb phrase: They lived happily ever after. (means 'for ever') She had an operation on her leg and afterwards was unable to walk for at least a month. See also:
"Afterward" means at a subsequent or later time and usually relates to events that occur relatively close together. Typically, "afterward" is used to refer to events that occur one right after the other.
As adverbs the difference between afterward and then. is that afterward is (us) subsequently to some other action while then is (label) at that time. As an adjective then is. being so at that time.