afternoon (noun) · afternoons (plural noun)
See also: Afternoon
1. In your example, "on the Afternoon of that day" = "(on) that day's Afternoon" = "(on) that day, in the Afternoon" = "in the Afternoon (on) that day"
2. Sometimes only "on" fits the context, sometimes only "in", sometimes no preposition is allowed, and sometimes we have a choice: On a Wednesday Afternoon.
3. Afternoon definition is - the part of day between noon and sunset
4. How to use Afternoon in a sentence.
5. Afternoon The Afternoon is the part of each day that begins at noon or lunchtime and ends at about six o'clock, or after it is dark in winter
6. The present day You refer to the Afternoon …
7. Afternoon – Anywhere from 12:00 pm to late Afternoon, 5:00 pm or even 6:00 pm
8. Since morning, Afternoon and evening all have a starting point and end, we say ‘in the,’ to describe that period of time
9. / ˌæf.tɚˈnuːn / A1 the period that starts at about twelve o'clock or after the meal in the middle of the day and ends at about six o'clock or when the sun goes down: It was a sunny Afternoon.
10. Noun the time from noon until evening. the latter part: the Afternoon of life.
11. The international Afternoon Constellation includes the A-Train satellites (OCO-2, GCOM-W1, Aqua, and Aura) as well as the C-Train satellites (CALIPSO and CloudSat)
12. The Afternoon is the time of day that starts mid-day and ends in the evening
13. If you have an Afternoon appointment, it's probably some time between 12:00 and 5:00 p.m.
14. Many consider sunset to be the ending time for Afternoon, but that leads to a large difference in Afternoon ending times, from 5 p.m
15. One way to figure the start and end times for morning, Afternoon, evening and night is to use the meteorological time, which must agree worldwide for forecasting.
16. The Afternoon is the part of each day which begins at lunchtime and ends at about six o'clock
17. He's arriving in the Afternoon. He had stayed in his room all Afternoon.an Afternoon …
18. Is Good Afternoon Capitalized? Generally, the phrase “good Afternoon” is not capitalized when used in a sentence
19. However, the phrase “good Afternoon” is capitalized in an email introl when it is used as a salutation at the beginning of an email
20. Email salutations (Dear, Hi, Hello, etc.) are capitalized anyways and “good Afternoon” is no exception.
21. The point at which Afternoon ends and evening begins is more difficult to define
22. Afternoon Email us with accessibility issues regarding this report
23. Afternoon - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
24. Afternoon, however, is not a set point in time
25. Afternoon – Anywhere from 12:00 pm to late Afternoon, 5:00 pm or even 6:00 pm
26. Since morning, Afternoon and evening all have a starting point and end, we say ‘in the,’ to describe that period of time
27. Afternoon n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc
28. (after midday: on given day) pomeriggio nm sostantivo maschile: Identifica un essere, un oggetto o un concetto che assume genere maschile: medico, gatto, strumento, assegno, dolore : I leave work early on a Friday Afternoon.
29. Af‧ter‧noon1 /ˌɑːftəˈnuːn◂ $ ˌæftər-/ ●●● S1 W2 noun [ countable, uncountable] 1 the part of the day after the morning and before the evening → morning, evening There’s a meeting on Thursday Afternoon. It was very hot in the Afternoon. See you tomorrow Afternoon.
30. What Is an Afternoon Tea? Afternoon tea is a British food tradition of sitting down for an Afternoon treat of tea, sandwiches, scones, and cake.Afternoon tea is served around 4 p.m
31. When Afternoon tea became fashionable in the early 19th century thanks to the Anna, the Duchess of Bedford, it was never intended to replace dinner but rather to fill in the long gap between lunch and dinner at a
32. Enable subtitles for ENG lyrics!'Afternoon' M/V is OUT NOW🔥 ⠀Go run up to the H1GHR MUSIC YouTube channel and stack 10K comments below 😎The 'Afternoon' o
33. In the Afternoon, I would stay and help with work
34. Late in the Afternoon of the third day they came on water
35. I could take the Afternoon off and do something with you
36. By the Afternoon I'd come to see what must have happened
37. I don't remember much about the rest of the Afternoon
38. People were going home from work now in the late Afternoon.
39. The Savoy’s world-famous Afternoon Tea can be enjoyed in the Thames Foyer, the heart of The Savoy, where a stunning glass dome floods the room with natural light whilst the restaurant hums with gentle chatter, melodious piano, and the delicate sound of silver on bone china throughout Afternoon Tea
40. Afternoon tea is a much-lauded culinary tradition born in 19 th century Britain when Anna Russell, the Duchess of Bedford, ordered tea and light fare to her room between lunch and a late dinner
41. "Afternoon slump" is a term used to describe the sleepy and sluggish feeling that comes on in the Afternoon, usually between the hours of 1 p.m
42. There are a few different reasons people experience Afternoon slump, but the symptoms are generally the same.
43. In the Afternoon, we had to attend a small gathering
44. It was a beautiful Afternoon that we decided to go out
45. My brother prefers to sleep in the Afternoon
46. Experts highlight that the early Afternoon is a time where people display a lack of motivation to work
47. The Afternoon slump — or the period after lunch when you feel tired, groggy, and irritable — is a common experience
48. National Daily Pork Report FOB Plant - Negotiated Sales - Afternoon Agricultural Marketing Service Livestock, Poultry, and Grain Market News March 22, 2021 LM_PK602 Email us with accessibility issues regarding this report
49. Afternoon tea is an English tradition dating back to the 1800s of taking tea with three courses of finger food, sweets, scones, and savories or tea sandwiches
50. In the Afternoon In the Afternoon, they went shopping
51. On the Afternoon of Where were you on the Afternoon of May 21? during the Afternoon Heavy snow arrived during the Afternoon
52. She studies art two Afternoons a week
53. Georgia was enjoying Afternoon tea with her grandmother
54. The baby always has an Afternoon nap.
55. Afternoon tea is a light meal typically eaten between 3:30 pm and 5 pm
56. Anna Maria, Duchess of Bedford, is widely credited with inventing Afternoon tea in England as a late-Afternoon meal whilst visiting Belvoir Castle in Leicestershire.
57. / In the hollows of Afternoons / Young mothers assemble / At swing and
58. Find 5 ways to say Afternoon, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
59. 'Good Afternoon' 4 PM to 4:30 PM: Break
60. 4:30 PM to 12 PM: Presentations When greeting the audience: 'Good evening' even if it's 4:30 in the Afternoon???? That is a bit unlikely, but for this session I would indeed begin with Good evening
61. Dog day Afternoon An Afternoon in the part of the summer often thought to be hottest, usually considered to be July 3 to August 11
62. Could you explain what time is early morning, late morning, early Afternoon, and late Afternoon? -Neyzen
63. Good Afternoon definition, a conventional expression used at meeting or parting in the Afternoon
64. See authoritative translations of Afternoon in Spanish with example sentences, phrases and audio pronunciations.
65. The soothing sounds of local musicians fill the room as you enjoy Afternoon Tea in the cozy atmosphere of The Mansion at Strathmore.
66. 2 days ago · A suspect knifed a man to death on a Brooklyn sidewalk in broad daylight on Monday Afternoon, police said
afternoon [ noun af-ter- noon, ahf-; adjective af-ter- noon, ahf-, af-, ahf- ] See synonyms for afternoon on Thesaurus.com
good afternoon a phrase used in the afternoon as a greeting or farewell Used to express a greeting or an acknowledgment of parting in the afternoon.
Noun afternoon (plural afternoons) The part of the day from noon or lunchtime until sunset, evening, or suppertime or 6pm. quotations ▼ (figurative) The later part of anything, often with implications of decline. quotations ▼
Early afternoon would be, by definition, any time beginning at 12:01 and ending at 2:30. From then until 6, it's prevening.