AFFOREST [əˈfôrəst, əˈfärəst]
afforest (verb) · afforests (third person present) · afforested (past tense) · afforested (past participle) · afforesting (present participle)
1. Afforestt is a service provider for creating natural, wild, maintenance free, native forests.
2. See synonyms for: Afforest / Afforestation on Thesaurus.com verb (used with object) to convert (bare or cultivated land) into forest, originally for the purpose of providing hunting grounds.
3. Afforest (Verb) To make into forest After we leave the quarry, we intend to Afforest the land and turn it into a nature reserve Etymology: First attested in the 16th century.
4. What does Afforest mean? To convert (open land) into a forest by planting trees or their seeds
5. Afforest CrossFit is a fitness facility built to grow and support our community by helping improve the physical, mental, and spiritual aspects of the individuals who comprise that community.
6. The Open Source Ecology – Afforestt Workshop is a 3 day immersion event in Extreme Afforestation
7. Early 16th century from medieval Latin Afforestare, from ad- ‘to’ (expressing change) + foresta ‘forest’.
8. Borrowed from Medieval Latin Afforestātiōn-, Afforestātiō, from Afforestāre "to convert into a forest" (from Latin ad- ad- + verbal derivative of Late Latin forestis "unenclosed woodland, forest entry 1 ") + Latin …
9. Context example: Afforest the mountains
10. Hypernyms (to "Afforest" is one way to): plant; set (put or set (seeds, seedlings, or plants) into the ground) Troponyms (each of the following is one way to "Afforest"): re-Afforest (reestablish a forest after clear-cutting or fire, etc.) reforest (forest anew) Sentence frame:
11. To plant areas of land with trees in order to form a forest be Afforested Large areas are being Afforested each year.
12. Afforest: 1 v establish a forest on previously unforested land “ Afforest the mountains” Synonyms: forest Types: re-Afforest reestablish a forest after clear-cutting or fire, etc
13. The community has witnessed regular deforestation and cutting-down of trees for the purpose of buildings, infrastructural development, and burial grounds without plans to Afforest or plant trees
14. 1500, from Anglo-Latin Afforestare, from assimilated form of Latin ad "to" (see ad-) + Medieval Latin forestis (see forest (n.)).
15. Boiser Their intention is to Afforest the land
16. (Translation of Afforest from the PASSWORD English-French Dictionary © 2014 K Dictionaries Ltd)
17. ‘a grant paid to farmers who Afforest agricultural land’ More example sentences ‘They may sequester carbon through ecosystem restoration, reforestation, agro-forestry, and Afforestation; or they may develop substitutes for fossil fuels such as bioenergy projects.’
18. Afforest Fitness Free Trial Signup
19. Select a class on the calendar to begin The calendar contains Afforest Fitness's free trial schedule
20. Synonyms for Afforest in Free Thesaurus
21. What are synonyms for Afforest?
22. Afforestation is the establishment of forests on lands that have been without forests for some amount of time, such as previously forested lands that were converted to range, and the establishment of forests on lands that have not been forested in the past.
23. Afforest was created in 2011 by Shubhendu Sharma
24. Afforest translate: trồng rừng
25. To Afforest: aufforsten: Translations: 1 – 2 / 2
26. 5,820 Followers, 194 Following, 394 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from AfforestT (@Afforestt)
27. Zoom into 675 Afforest Stock Images and Pictures
28. Translation for: 'Afforest' in English->Russian dictionary
29. See authoritative translations of Afforest in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
30. Find below definitions and meanings of Afforest
31. An Afforest project transforms a barren piece of land into a lush, dense forest on a residential estate
32. Photo: Afforestt A bird visits Sharma’s experimental backyard forest.
33. Meaning and definitions of Afforest, translation of Afforest in Bengali language with similar and opposite words
34. Spoken pronunciation of Afforest in English and in Bengali
35. Tags for the entry "Afforest" What Afforest means in Bengali, Afforest meaning in Bengali, Afforest definition, explanation, pronunciations and examples of Afforest in Bengali.
36. Search Afforest and thousands of other words in English definition and synonym dictionary from Reverso
37. You can complete the definition of Afforest given by the English Definition dictionary with other English dictionaries: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Oxford, Cambridge, Chambers Harrap, Wordreference, Collins Lexibase dictionaries, Merriam Webster
38. Synonyms for Afforests in Free Thesaurus
39. What are synonyms for Afforests?
40. Afforest - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
41. Afforest - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
42. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Afforest [sth] ⇒ vtr transitive verb: Verb taking a direct object--for example, "Say something." "She found the cat." (forest, plant trees in)
43. We will promote cooperation for efforts to Afforest wide areas.: Promoveremos la cooperación en la realización de esfuerzos para forestar amplias zonas.: To Afforest or turn into a nature area open farmland within a period of two years of closure in such a way as to ensure that negative effects on the environment are avoided.: Forestar o convertir en una zona natural terrenos agrícolas
44. Large areas are being Afforested each year
45. Can use at trade tree and curtilage Afforest
46. Railroad Afforest is the main component of land Afforest
47. Highway Afforest is a when highway builds serious content
48. Railroad Afforest is the main component of land Afforest: 4
49. Highway Afforest is a when highway builds serious content: 5
50. Countrywide district encourages forest and Afforest: 6
51. We of these Afforest battlefront veteran it is to do happier more really! 7
52. Was to realize Afforest to amount to mark as scheduled forestry zoology environment gets
53. A program to Afforest denuded or severely eroded land has resulted in the planting of about one million trees in 70 areas subject to soil erosion.
54. The ambition of the Modern State Fellowship was to become the landlord of the planet and either to mine, Afforest, pasture, and cultivate directly or to have these tasks performed by responsible
55. Afforest Meaning in Hindi is वनरोपण करना
56. Afforest is a verb (used with object) by form
57. The synonyms and antonyms of Afforest …
af·for·est. (ə-fôr′ĭst, ə-fŏr′-) tr.v. af·for·est·ed, af·for·est·ing, af·for·ests. To convert (open land) into a forest by planting trees or their seeds. [Medieval Latin afforēstāre : Latin ad-, ad- + Medieval Latin forēstāre (from forēsta, forest; see forest ).]
From Medieval Latin afforēstō, from ad (“towards”) + forēsta (“forest”) afforest ( third-person singular simple present afforests, present participle afforesting, simple past and past participle afforested ) "Afforest" once connoted bringing woodland under forest law in order to provide hunting grounds.
borrowed from Medieval Latin afforestātiōn-, afforestātiō, from afforestāre "to convert into a forest" (from Latin ad- ad- + verbal derivative of Late Latin forestis "unenclosed woodland, forest entry 1 ") + Latin -tiōn-, -tiō, suffix of action nouns What made you want to look up afforestation?
To convert (open land) into a forest by planting trees or their seeds. [Medieval Latin afforēstāre : Latin ad-, ad- + Medieval Latin forēstāre (from forēsta, forest; see forest ).] af·for′es·ta′tion n. American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.