1. Affable is one of several English words that evolved from the Latin verb fari, which means "to speak." "Affable" comes from the Latin affabilis, which comes from the "fari" relative "affari" ("to speak to"), plus -abilis, meaning "able." Some other "fari" derivatives are "infant," "fable," and "fate."
2. Affable definition, pleasantly easy to approach and to talk to; friendly; cordial; warmly polite: an Affable and courteous gentleman
3. Affable adjective friendly, kindly, civil, warm, pleasant, mild, obliging, benign, gracious, benevolent, good-humoured, amiable, courteous, amicable, cordial, sociable, genial, congenial, urbane, approachable, good-natured He is an extremely Affable and approachable man.
4. Some common synonyms of Affable are cordial, genial, gracious, and sociable
5. While all these words mean "markedly pleasant and easy in social intercourse," Affable implies easy approachability and readiness to respond pleasantly to conversation or requests or proposals
6. Though wealthy, she was Affable …
7. EXAMPLE SENTENCES FROM THE WEB In manners Affable, and in benevolence unsurpassed, the Kentucky planter gains the plaudits of all
8. Moore, a veteran politician of the Old Dominion, was a most pleasant and Affable gentleman, and a great lisper withal.
9. Affable.ai - Data Driven Influencer Marketing across Instagram, Facebook, YouTube & TikTok Run High Impact Data-Driven Influencer Marketing Campaigns Discover authentic influencers, vet audience quality, manage conversations, track campaigns and measure effectiveness - all in one place
10. At Affable we have a highly competent team that understands AI Deep learning and how it can be used to benefit the agriculture sector
11. The Crossword Solver found 54 answers to the Affable crossword clue
12. The enigmatic stranger, (whose name is Sevus), then relates a story about a world called Endel, the wondrous city called Affable, and …
13. Movies tagged as 'Affable' by the Listal community
14. Affable adjective friendly, kindly, civil, warm, pleasant, mild, obliging, benign, gracious, benevolent, good-humoured, amiable, courteous, amicable, cordial, sociable, genial, congenial, urbane, approachable, good-natured He is an extremely Affable and approachable man.
15. Affable is a Words with Friends word
16. Words with Friends point value for Affable: 15 points
17. Words made by unscrambling the letters A F F A B L E 7 letter words made by unscrambling the letters in Affable
18. Affable means friendly, pleasant, and easy to talk to
19. An Affable host offers you something to drink and makes you feel at home
20. The adjective Affable entered English by way of the Latin word affābilis, which means "kind, friendly."
21. Affable She was a severe woman whose forceful ways contrasted sharply with the Affable, gentle, easy-going manner of her husband
22. From the Cambridge English Corpus It is no good dealing in Affable, …
23. Au-delà de ses exploits sportifs, sa famille, ses amis et ses collègues perdent un être Affable, intègre et passionné
24. Nazar is the CEO and Lead Software Engineer at Affable
25. ‘He is an Affable man, easy to talk to, to sit down with, to rap about policy or just chat shop.’ ‘Pauline was a pleasant, Affable and popular lady who was greatly liked throughout the community.’
26. Affable (comparative more Affable, superlative most Affable)
27. 1912: James Burrill Angell, The Reminiscences Of James Burrill Angell, chapter ix "Mission To The Ottoman Empire" Furthermore, I may say, that the Sultan was always most Affable to me in my interviews with
28. What does Affable mean? Gentle and gracious
29. Synonyms for Affable include genial, pleasant, amiable, friendly, gracious, warm, cordial, kindly, benevolent and benign
30. Affable is different from amiable to me in the sense that an Affable person seems to be a friend to everyone and everyone's friends
31. Affable for Smartphone is free to download and easy to use
32. Examples of Affable in a sentence
33. Instead of being such a jerk, you should try being more Affable! 🔊 Since he wanted to be voted the most Affable boy at school, Jason always had a smile for everyone
34. Mais mon personnage public est même plus Affable que moi.: But my public persona is even more Affable than I actually am.: Mais pas aussi Affable que ce que je laisse paraître.: But I'm not as Affable as perhaps I've given people cause to think.: La ministre a été très Affable.: The Minister has been very gracious.: L'ambassadeur, Mark Lortie, a cependant été très Affable.
35. If you have any fears of the dentist you can put them to rest when you visit Affable Dental
36. Definition and synonyms of Affable from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
37. This is the British English definition of Affable.View American English definition of Affable.
38. ‘He is an Affable man, easy to talk to, to sit down with, to rap about policy or just chat shop.’ ‘Pauline was a pleasant, Affable and popular lady who was greatly liked throughout the community.’
39. Affable definition: Someone who is Affable is pleasant and friendly
40. Zaoqiang Affable Fur Co.,Ltd,Fly Tying Materials,Natural Feathers, Fur, and Hair ,Fly Tying Fur and Feather,Pelts & Hair, Online Shopping For Fly Tying Fur and feather,Flying Tying Supplies And Materials, Fly Fishing Fur Materials,Cashmere Goat Hair, Temple Dog Skin,America Opossum Skin,Nutria Hai,Beaver Skin,Mormot Skin,Hare Hides,Spike Guard Hair From Hare,Shadow Fox Tail,Marble Fox …
41. This Affable gent will take you on a customized walk, hike, or boar hunt around town
42. Long taunted for his embonpoint, polite French for tubbiness, the Affable pol used to garner dessert-inspired nicknames
43. Though an Affable enough personality, Murdoch is a compulsively aggressive businessman
44. Grant's Affable rogue has sufficient spirit to lift
45. Affable: Easy and pleasant to speak to; approachable
46. Earp was fond of using the word Affable when describing his friend to others.
47. Thompson's exit, PayPal loses what former colleagues describe as an Affable and skilled negotiator just as the new initiative was nearing the finish line.
48. Affable Meaning: "open to conversation or approach," late 15c., from Old French Affable "benign, approachable" (14c.),… See definitions of Affable.
49. • Brown was Affable and sympathetic, but also firm and decisive in dealing with the problems presented to him
50. • His armor of Affable authority was easily pierced
51. • He was, and is, a distinctly Affable chap, whereas I came across as cold, prickly and generally difficult
52. • But, as of old, his smooth face fairly shone with Affable ease.
53. Synonyms for Affable in Free Thesaurus
54. 36 synonyms for Affable: friendly, kindly, civil, warm, pleasant, mild, obliging, benign, gracious
55. Affable of persons, "open to conversation or approach," late 15c., from Old French Affable "benign, approachable" (14c.), from Latin affabilis "approachable, courteous, kind, friendly," literally "who can be (easily) spoken to," from affari "to speak to," from ad "to" (see ad-) + fari "to speak," from PIE root *bha-(2) "to speak, tell, say." Related: Affably.
56. See 2 authoritative translations of Affable in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
57. Someone who is Affable is pleasant and friendly
58. He is an extremely Affable and approachable man.
59. Definition of Affable adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
60. Affable definition in French dictionary, Affable meaning, synonyms, see also 'affabuler',affûtable',affaler',affabilité'
61. The Affable Jadine Louie has been making the best happen for the San Francisco Lesbian/Gay Freedom Band for more than a decade
62. Goodbye Jadine Hoye is an Affable , helpful, forthright McBain who can also "talk the talk" of Gotham's cops and robbers.
63. What are opposite words of Affable? Unfriendly, unsociable, uncivil
64. Full list of antonyms for Affable is here.
65. Affable Health 5680 King Center Drive, Suite 600, Alexandria VA 22315 United States
66. E-mail Address [email protected]Affablehealth.com
67. Affable describes someone who is friendly, agreeable, easy to get along with and pleasant to engage in conversation
68. Affable is an adjective, related words are affably, affability.The word Affable is derived from the Latin word affabilis, which means approachable, friendly, kind.
69. Affable - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
70. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Affable adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (friendly, likeable) afable adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa grande", "mujer alta").
71. He struck me as an Affable sort of a man
72. Murray was an Affable, free-spirited man
73. He found her parents very Affable
74. The chairman was quite Affable at the meeting