ADUMBRATE [ˈadəmˌbrāt, əˈdəmˌbrāt]
1. Adumbrate definition is - to foreshadow vaguely : intimate
2. How to use Adumbrate in a sentence
3. [ a- duhm-breyt, ad- uhm-breyt ] See synonyms for: Adumbrate / Adumbrates / adumbration on Thesaurus.com verb (used with object), ad·um·brat·ed, ad·um·brat·ing
4. Adumbrate - Means "to give a sketchy outline or disclose only in part; hint," and its root is Latin umbra, "shadow." See also related terms for hint
5. I shall Adumbrate below some of the listener's problems in identifying the pitch-class or interval sequence that forms the row
6. A type is a symbol appointed by God to Adumbrate something higher in the future, which is called the antitype. COMPANION TO THE BIBLE E
7. BARROWS One could Adumbrate triumph or disaster by the effort, sustained or otherwise, made by them
8. ad‧um‧brate /ˈædʌmbreɪt/ verb [ transitive] formal to suggest or describe something in an incomplete way → See Verb table Examples from the Corpus Adumbrate • The incident Adumbrates an attitude of mind which is mirrored in the linguistic techniques exploited later in the novel.
9. Definition of Adumbrate to create an outline or a faint shadow Examples of Adumbrate in a sentence With assistance from the victim, the sketch artist will Adumbrate a picture of the robbery suspect
10. The Academy of the Adumbrate is a Mature 19+ Heavy RP Guild focused on Character Evolution & Development and inclusive long & short-term Guild Plotlines! Members will utilize a streamlined Character Sheet for Training and Roll Procedure
11. Adumbrate allude to, betoken, cloud, embody, foreshow, have an intimation, incarnate, mirror, personate, prognosticate, shadow, typify Definition v
12. Adumbrate (v.) 1580s, "to outline, to sketch," from Latin adumbratus "sketched, shadowed in outline," also "feigned, unreal, sham, fictitious," past participle of adumbrare "cast a shadow over;" in painting, "to represent (a thing) in outline," from ad "to" (see ad-) + umbrare "to cast in shadow," from PIE root *andho-"blind; dark" (see umbrage).Meaning "to overshadow" is from 1660s in English.
13. What does Adumbrate mean? The definition of Adumbrate is to suggest beforehand or to vaguely foreshadow
14. (verb) An example of Adumbrate is to intr
15. Adumbrate: 1 v describe roughly or briefly or give the main points or summary of Synonyms: outline , sketch Types: block out indicate roughly Type of: depict , describe , draw give a description of v give to understand Synonyms: insinuate , intimate Type of: hint , suggest drop a hint; intimate by a hint
16. Definition of Adumbrate in the Definitions.net dictionary
17. What does Adumbrate mean? Information and translations of Adumbrate in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
18. Adumbrate — *suggest, shadow Analogous words: symbolize, typify, emblematize (see corresponding nouns at SYMBOL): signify, denote, *mean … New Dictionary of Synonyms
19. Adumbrate — VERB formal 1) give a faint or general idea of
20. See authoritative translations of Adumbrate in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
21. This is an auteur who works from deep within herself to establish a mood, Adumbrate a design, build a tempo, and intimate an idea
22. Like any short introduction, it does not have time to say very much, but what it does say is enough to Adumbrate the major ideas to follow.: And Reeve nails the problem with market-led concepts of desert only to Adumbrate an alternative that is equally infelicitous.
23. THESAURUS Adumbrate allude to, argue, augur, auspicate, becloud, bedim, bespeak, betoken, block out, bode, body forth, call, chalk out, characterize, cloud, darken
24. Adumbrated – from Adumbrate (always used in conjunction with an object)
25. And, since Ezra Levant was mentioned, let me note that his own attitudes in this respect, and those of his wretched hangers-on, Adumbrate the fate of the disabled under Flanagan's cure-all free enterprise regime
26. The project's objectives were Adumbrated in the report
27. The recent development Adumbrate a world - wide revolution in computer technology
28. These considerations Adumbrate the argument for the secondary role of consent in
29. Adumbrate something to give a general idea or description of something without details synonym outline Word Origin late 16th cent.: from Latin adumbrat- ‘shaded’, from the verb adumbrare , from ad- ‘to’ (as an intensifier) + umbrare ‘cast a shadow’ (from umbra ‘shade’).
30. Define Adumbrate by Webster's Dictionary, WordNet Lexical Database, Dictionary of Computing, Legal Dictionary, Medical Dictionary, Dream Dictionary.
31. Adumbrate in a sentence - Use "Adumbrate" in a sentence 1
32. More obscurely Adumbrate d is the day of vengeance, when virtue should return to the repentant backslider, and the idolatrous crew should be smitten with a swift destruction in the midst of their insolent revelry.
33. Definition of Adumbrate verb in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
34. ‘This latter course, in fact, is already Adumbrated at certain junctures in the Opus Postumum.’ ‘The outlines of the legend of the politically naïve scholar are already Adumbrated in the biographical essay Heidegger submitted to the de-Nazification committee in 1945.’
35. Adumbrate To give a faint shadow or slight representation of; to outline; to shadow forth
36. "Both in the vastness and the richness of the visible universe the invisible God is Adumbrated ." Adumbrate To overshadow; to shade.
37. Adumbrate - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
38. Dictionary entry overview: What does Adumbrate mean? • Adumbrate (verb) The verb Adumbrate has 2 senses:
39. Give to understand Familiarity information: Adumbrate used as a verb is rare.
40. Adumbrate (third-person singular simple present Adumbrates, present participle adumbrating, simple past and past participle Adumbrated) To foreshadow vaguely
41. Adumbrate: Meaning and Definition of
42. Synonyms for Adumbrate in Free Thesaurus
43. 23 synonyms for Adumbrate: augur, bode, forecast, forerun, foreshadow, foretell, foretoken, portend
44. Adumbrate in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper) This latter course, in fact, is already Adumbrated at certain junctures in the Opus Postumum.’ ‘The outlines of the legend of the politically naïve scholar are already Adumbrated in the biographical essay Heidegger submitted to the de-Nazification committee in 1945.’ ‘(Reading across texts for a moment, this idea has been
45. Find 15 ways to say Adumbrate, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
46. Another way to say Adumbrate? Synonyms for Adumbrate (other words and phrases for Adumbrate).
47. Definition of Adumbrate (verb): give general description of something
48. Definition and synonyms of Adumbrate from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
49. This is the British English definition of Adumbrate.View American English definition of Adumbrate.
50. Adumbrate is an English language word that is well described on this page with all the important details i.e Adumbrate meaning, Adumbrate word synonyms, and its similar words
51. Adumbrate meaning in Urdu is عکس ڈالنا and Adumbrate …
52. Adumbrate - find the meaning, anagrams and hook words with Adumbrate and much more
53. The word Adumbrate uses 9 letters: a, a, b, d, e, m, r, t, u
54. Adumbrate is playable in: Words With Friends 17
55. How to say Adumbrate in English? Pronunciation of Adumbrate with 1 audio pronunciation, 19 synonyms, 1 meaning, 5 translations, 3 sentences and more for Adumbrate.
56. Adumbrate - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
57. Inflections of 'Adumbrate' (v): (⇒ conjugate) Adumbrates v 3rd person singular adumbrating v pres p verb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing." Adumbrated
58. Adumbrate v 1: describe roughly or briefly or give the main points or summary of; "sketch the outline of the book"; "outline his ideas" [syn: sketch, outline, Adumbrate] 2: give to understand; "I insinuated that I did not like his wife" [syn: intimate, Adumbrate, insinuate]
59. Simple past tense and past participle of Adumbrate; Adjective
60. Adumbrated (comparative more Adumbrated, superlative most Adumbrated) Obscured
Examples of adumbrate in a Sentence. the strife in Bloody Kansas in the 1850s adumbrated the civil war that would follow. Recent Examples on the Web. Nothing in America’s tepid 19th-century contributions to European classical music adumbrated it; nor did the homely and sometimes hokey popular songs of Stephen Foster.
1 : to foreshadow vaguely : intimate the social unrest that adumbrated the French Revolution. 2 : to suggest, disclose, or outline partially adumbrate a plan. 3 : overshadow, obscure bubbling optimism, not at all adumbrated by difficulties.
History and Etymology for adumbrate borrowed from Latin adumbrātus, past participle of adumbrāre "to shade, represent by means of light and shade, sketch, outline," from ad- ad- + -umbrāre, verbal derivative of umbra "shadow" — more at umbrage
verb (used with object), ad·um·brat·ed, ad·um·brat·ing. to produce a faint image or resemblance of; to outline or sketch.