1. Admittedly definition is - as has been or must be admitted
2. How to use Admittedly in a sentence.
3. Admittedly adverb it must be admitted, certainly, undeniably, it must be said, to be fair or honest, avowedly, it cannot be denied, it must be allowed, confessedly, it must be confessed, allowedly It's only a theory, Admittedly, but the pieces fit together.
4. (sentence modifier) willingly conceded Admittedly I am afraid Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co
5. Used when you are agreeing that something is true, especially unwillingly: Admittedly, I could have tried harder but I still don't think all this criticism is fair.
6. 9 synonyms of Admittedly from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 9 related words, definitions, and antonyms
7. Find another word for Admittedly
8. Find 157 ways to say Admittedly, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
9. ‘This, Admittedly, gives one a splendid insight into the more mysterious workings of the human mind.’ ‘It's only a hobby - Admittedly one that pays for itself - but it is a great reminder.’ ‘The road is narrow, Admittedly, but there is a white line down the middle.’
10. Synonyms for Admittedly include actually, avowedly, certainly, forsooth, frankly, honestly, indeed, really, truly and truthfully
11. Examples from Classical Literature When he was in college Nancy had been Admittedly the first of Woodbridge young ladies
12. He was Admittedly a brave man, but, more than this, he had a great deal of sense
13. There could be no doubt that the affair was purely and Admittedly a defensive one.
14. We found 5 answers for the crossword clue Admittedly
15. If you haven't solved the crossword clue Admittedly yet try to search our Crossword Dictionary by entering the letters you already know! (Enter a dot for each missing letters, e.g
16. Admittedly: adverb acceptedly , allowedly , assuredly , authentically , authoritatively , avowedly, certainly , concededly , confessedly , doubtlessly , genuinely
17. Admittedly, I was wrong to keep secrets from you
18. Manca qualcosa di importante? Segnala un errore o suggerisci miglioramenti 'Admittedly' si trova anche in questi elementi: Nella descrizione in inglese: granted - true.
19. Admittedly, Webb had long been on the lookout for an escape from the intolerable conditions in which he was forced to live during his stint as Consul, yet his eventual choice indicates his ideological priorities
20. What does Admittedly mean? By general admission; confessedly
21. Used, especially at the beginning of a sentence, when you are accepting that something is true Admittedly, it is rather expensive, but you don't need to use much. Admittedly, Venice wasn’t a very big place, but there was little chance of meeting her again accidentally.
22. Definition of Admittedly in the Definitions.net dictionary
23. What does Admittedly mean? Information and translations of Admittedly in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
24. Definition of Admittedly (adverb): I admit that is true
25. Definition and synonyms of Admittedly from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
26. This is the British English definition of Admittedly.View American English definition of Admittedly.
27. Used to express a concession or recognition that something is the case "Admittedly, the salary was not wonderful"
28. Admittedly, Venice wasn't a very big place, but there was little chance of meeting her again accidentally
29. Definition it must be agreed It's only a theory, Admittedly, but the pieces fit together.
30. Admittedly, the goal of and the means for achieving a vibrant diverse university are difficult and challenging
31. You use Admittedly when you are saying something which weakens the importance or force of your statement
32. It's only a theory, Admittedly, but the pieces fit together
33. American English: Admittedly / ædˈmɪtɪdli /
34. Admittedly - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
35. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Admittedly adv adverb: Describes a verb, adjective, adverb, or clause--for example, "come quickly," "very rare," "happening now," "fall down." (in truth, I confess) cierto es que loc adv locución adverbial: Unidad léxica estable formada de dos o más palabras que funciona
36. Ad‧mit‧ted‧ly /ədˈmɪtɪdli/ ●○○ adverb [ sentence adverb] used when you are admitting that something is true This has led to financial losses, though Admittedly on a fairly small scale
37. Examples from the Corpus Admittedly • Yes, I have studied Japanese - though not for long, Admittedly.
38. Admittedly we are separated by the fact that all cultures speak different languages, but we can learn the language of others
39. Admittedly, this is a country that is crazy about plants
40. It's difficult to see Admittedly in a sentence
41. He is Admittedly a bit partial in Kennedy's behalf
42. All right, Admittedly, I'm sinking fast here
43. It is, Admittedly, an unusual subject for a choreographer
44. "It's Admittedly a long, unusual shot
45. "Admittedly, that's off a low base.
46. Another way to say Admittedly? Synonyms for Admittedly (other words and phrases for Admittedly).
47. An Admittedly serious crime my reputation was at stake
48. It was, Admittedly, a slightly shaky reputation sometimes avoidance of one particular food will have this beneficial effect, though Admittedly rarely
49. The technique is painful, Admittedly, but it benefits the patient greatly
50. Admittedly, I've never actually been there
51. Admittedly, he didn't know that at the time
52. Admittedly (comparative more Admittedly, superlative most Admittedly) As is acknowledged to be true ; by general admission ; confessedly
53. Admittedly , vandalism is a bit of a problem.
54. Admittedly, there are some things that need to change if we want our business to grow
55. 🔊 It is Admittedly easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission
56. 🔊 Admittedly the thief stole the necklace, but it hasn’t been proven in court yet
57. Admittedly definition is - as has been or must be admitted
58. How to use Admittedly in a sentence
59. Now, Admittedly this could be seen as a neat counterpoint to the national lottery, which is a tax on stupidity
60. Never final, Admittedly flawed, it was arguably a masterwork as its proponents on both sides of the footlights have proclaimed with
61. Admittedly, building the United Nations as a true centre for harmonizing the actions of nations in the attainment of those common ends is an extremely difficult task
62. "The benchmark for this study is Admittedly far from ideal"
63. "The Court's judgment Admittedly elicited some criticism"
64. "The sponsorship system was Admittedly far from perfect"
65. Adverb (-) By one's own admission; Admittedly
66. The Washington Post Admittedly Lied
67. Admittedly is an online college advisory platform with free tools for high school students, parents, and high school guidance counselors
68. Admittedly the signs are small but they are there if you look for them hard enough
69. Admittedly: 1 adv as acknowledged Synonyms: avowedly , confessedly , true
70. Admittedly is an online college advisory platform that allows high school students, their parents, and guidance counselors to collaborate
71. Admittedly: By general admission; confessedly
72. Oh, and the wrap (which Admittedly is filling because of the brown rice, and bison meat) costs over $9 - or as I like to call it: “a big kick in the balls”.
73. Admittedly definition: as acknowledged synonyms: confessedly, avowedly, true antonyms: counterfeit, incorrect, insincere, false
74. The proper form would be 'Admittedly' without the ING you've used
75. It would be correct if it is written as - Admittedly
76. Admittedly: Meaning and Definition of
77. By acknowledgment; by one's own admission; confessedly: He was Admittedly …
78. 9 hours ago · Admittedly, it’s a silly story
adverb it must be admitted, certainly, undeniably, it must be said, to be fair or honest, avowedly, it cannot be denied, it must be allowed, confessedly, it must be confessed, allowedly It's only a theory, admittedly, but the pieces fit together. admittedly.
by acknowledgment; by one's own admission; confessedly: He was admittedly the one who had lost the documents.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'admittedly.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors.
Admittedly, levels of satisfaction or dissatisfaction are to an extent related to the temperament of individuals. From Cambridge English Corpus. Admittedly, everyone tends to do this sort of thing, but the religious seem especially prone to doing so.