See also: Adjure Adjust Adjunct Adjudicate Adjudication Adjusted Adjuvant Adjustment Adjudicator Adjuration Adjudicating Adjustable Adjusting Adjutant Adjudicated Adjudge Adjudicative Adjudged Adjunto Adjunctive
1. Adjure definition, to charge, bind, or command earnestly and solemnly, often under oath or the threat of a penalty
2. Adjure synonyms, Adjure pronunciation, Adjure translation, English dictionary definition of Adjure
3. To charge or command earnestly, often under the threat of a penalty; to entreat solemnly: to Adjure the witness to tell the truth Not to be confused with:
4. ‘I Adjure you to drop whatever vulgar habits you may have learned before you meet your husband.’ ‘Rather, Jesus Adjures them to seek a heavenly treasure that, although it cannot be grasped or understood by the usual human standards of success, is nonetheless indestructible.’
Adjure, Adjures, Although
5. Adjure (third-person singular simple present Adjures, present participle adjuring, simple past and past participle Adjured) (transitive, often law) To issue a formal command
Adjure, Adjures, Adjuring, And, Adjured
6. Party members are Adjured to promote awareness of this problem.
Are, Adjured, Awareness
7. Adjure: verb administer an oath, affirm , appeal to , ask , attest , beseech , bid , bind , call , charge , command , declare , enjoin , entreat , enunciate , exhort
Adjure, Administer, An, Affirm, Appeal, Ask, Attest
8. 12 synonyms of Adjure from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 65 related words, definitions, and antonyms
Adjure, And, Antonyms
9. Adjure: 1 v command solemnly Type of: burden , charge , saddle impose a task upon, assign a responsibility to v ask for or request earnestly Synonyms: beseech , bid , conjure , entreat , press Type of: plead appeal or request earnestly
Adjure, Assign, Ask, Appeal
10. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I Adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God
And, Answered, Adjure
11. Find 9 ways to say Adjure, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Adjure, Along, Antonyms, And, At
12. Jeffrey had to Adjure himself to keep awake to the difficulties he alone had made.: I Adjure you to hear me swear that I will have all the justice done to your memory that man can do!: My good woman, you have no cause to Adjure me in that solemn manner.: The priests had resolved to go out and Adjure the storm and the sea.: Oh, your Highness, I Adjure you to refrain from being anointed.
Adjure, Awake, Alone, All, And, Anointed
13. Adjure somebody to do something to ask or to order somebody to do something
14. He Adjured them to tell the truth
15. See authoritative translations of Adjure in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
Adjure, And, Audio,
16. What does Adjure mean? To command or enjoin solemnly, as under oath
17. Numbers 5:19 - And the priest shall Adjure her, and say unto the woman, If no man have lain with thee, and if thou hast not gone astray in uncleanness, in being with another instead of thy husband, be free from this bitter water that bringeth the curse.
And, Adjure, Astray, Another
18. Adjure definition: to command , often by exacting an oath ; charge Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
Adjure, An, And
19. Adjure - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
20. These Adjure Max Red high-tech L.E.D
21. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I Adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God
And, Answered, Adjure
22. A father-son duo … Adjure us to wake up lest America after the cold war repeat the grave errors of Britain after World War I
Adjure, America, After
23. If you cannot now bring yourself to threaten veto, then I beg you to strongly Adjure the legislature to deliberate long and hard about this abominable legislation.Chicago Tribune
Adjure, And, About, Abominable
24. I Adjure each and every one of you to never disclose to anyone what has been spoken here today
Adjure, And, Anyone
25. Bob said that he would speak to Eric, and Adjure him to be cautious for everyone’s sake
26. Diane had to Adjure her fiancée not to take an interest in anyone else while away on a business trip.
Adjure, An, Anyone, Away
27. Definition of Adjure verb in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
Adjure, Advanced, American
28. Adjure From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Adjure ad‧jure / əˈdʒʊə $ əˈdʒʊr / verb [ transitive ] ADVISE formal to order or try to persuade someone to do something Adjure somebody to do something Gwen Adjured him to be truthful
Adjure, Ad, Advise, Adjured
29. → See Verb table Origin Adjure ( 1300-1400 ) Latin adjurare , from ad- “ to ” + jurare
Adjure, Adjurare, Ad
30. Adjure Meaning: "to bind by oath; to question under oath;" c
31. 1400 as "to charge with an oath or under penalty of a… See definitions of Adjure.
As, An, Adjure
32. Recommended replacements for Adjure headlight to avoid discoloration to your lamp and headlight reflector This bulb is filled with XENON gas that makes the bulb run cooler than a standard bulb which is a perfect match for the Adjure Headlight Lamps Part number: H4
Adjure, Avoid, And
33. Shop the best Adjure Parts & Accessories for your motorcycle at J&P Cycles
Adjure, Amp, Accessories, At
34. Get free shipping, 4% cashback and 10% off select brands with a Gold Club membership, plus free everyday tech support on aftermarket Adjure Parts & Accessories & motorcycle parts.
And, Aftermarket, Adjure, Amp, Accessories
35. I Adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not
36. Acts 19:13 View whole chapter See verse in context Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We Adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
37. I Adjure thee by the living God
38. The magistrates Adjured by all the bonds of duty
39. Ye sacred stars, be all of you Adjured
40. The Commissioners Adjured them not to let pass so favorable an opportunity of securing their liberties.
41. Usage: I Adjure by, charge solemnly by
42. HELPS Word-studies 3726 horkízō (from 3727 /hórkos , "an oath") – properly, make someone swear (as in Xenophon, Polybius); to Adjure ( Abbott-Smith ), i.e
An, As, Adjure, Abbott
43. Adjure Brand Adjure Model TL-1040 Item Weight 4.8 ounces Product Dimensions 11 x 8 x 5 inches Item model number TL-1040 Is Discontinued By Manufacturer No Exterior Smooth Manufacturer Part Number TL-1040 Folding No Mirror Lighting Type Automotive-exterior-tail-light-bulbs Vehicle Service Type Cruiser/Touring, Street Bike, Adventure Touring
Adjure, Automotive, Adventure
44. Shop for Adjure items at Dennis Kirk
45. Shop the best Adjure Motorcycle Lights for your motorcycle at J&P Cycles
Adjure, At, Amp
46. Get free shipping, 4% cashback and 10% off select brands with a Gold Club membership, plus free everyday tech support on aftermarket Adjure Motorcycle Lights & motorcycle parts.
And, Aftermarket, Adjure, Amp
47. LED Tail Lights by Adjure®
48. He has as of yet only made one vintage of the Zinfandel, and is including that in his 2017 July tasting lineup, so I Adjure you, go and taste the best wine in town
As, And, Adjure
49. Synonyms for Adjure in Free Thesaurus
50. 5 synonyms for Adjure: beseech, entreat, conjure, bid, press
51. Adjure warrants that any Adjure products sold will be free of defects in both materials and workmanship for 1 full year from date of purchase by the consumer excepting the following provisions: The product must be properly installed, maintained and operated under normal conditions; The product cannot be modified in any way
Adjure, Any, And
52. Synonyms for Adjure include order, charge, command, direct, enjoin, instruct, bid, tell, beg and invoke
53. Definition of Adjure in the Definitions.net dictionary
54. What does Adjure mean? Information and translations of Adjure in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
55. Adjure translation in English-Telugu dictionary
56. Found 0 sentences matching phrase "Adjure".Found in 0 ms.
57. - I Adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, that ye stir not up, nor awaken love, until it please
58. Adjure AB, Löddeköpinge
59. Adjure AB är en unik kombination av reklamtjänster och juridisk konsultation
Adjure, Ab, Av
60. Adjure warrants that any Adjure products sold will be free of defects in both materials and workmanship for 1 full year from date of purchase by the consumer excepting the following provisions: The product must be properly installed, maintained and operated under normal conditions; The product cannot be modified in any way
Adjure, Any, And
61. Adjure AB, Löddeköpinge
62. Adjure AB är en unik kombination av reklamtjänster och juridisk konsultation
Adjure, Ab, Av
"Adjure" implies advising as well as pleading, and is sometimes accompanied by the invocation of something sacred. Be careful not to confuse "adjure" with abjure, meaning "to renounce solemnly" or "to abstain from.".
Short & Simple Example Sentence For Abjure
Antonyms for adjure include mind, obey, answer, ask, learn, forbid, reject, reply, listen and discourage. Find more opposite words at wordhippo.com!