1. Examples of Adjuration in a Sentence though he was loath to take over the family business, he couldn't refuse his ailing father's Adjuration an Adjuration to check the facts carefully before publishing the …
2. A solemn or desperate urging or counseling: an Adjuration for all citizens of the beleaguered city to take shelter.
3. This unique Adjuration came from the lips of a queer little man perched upon a wagonful of firewood, behind a brace of oxen that were hauling it easily along with a simulation of mighty effort which had evidently not imposed on their lord and master.
4. Use the noun Adjuration to describe the serious, whole-hearted way you begged your parents to let you have a puppy when you were little. During your Adjuration to get that puppy, did you say, "I …
5. What does Adjuration mean? An earnest, solemn appeal
6. In its theological acceptation, however, Adjuration never carries with it
7. It was an Adjuration by the honour of a man, and was either positive or negative. THE ANCIENT IRISH EPIC TALE TIN B CALNGE UNKNOWN Thus the Adjuration "being" was accounted fully sufficient for the lady of the poet's thoughts
8. Adjuration (countable and uncountable, plural Adjurations) A grave warning
9. 1855-1857, Charles Dickens, Little Dorrit The visitor, observing that she held the door on the inside, and that, when the uncle tried to open it, there was a sharp Adjuration of 'Don't, stupid!' and an appearance of loose stocking and flannel, concluded that the young
10. ‘The poem ends with an Adjuration to the young to repair home from worldly vanity and to place their trust, not in unstable fortune as Troilus did, but in God.’ Word of the day play-play
11. Adjuration is rather an earnest appeal, or a most stringent command requiring another to act, or not to act, under pain of divine visitation or the rupture of the sacred ties of reverence and love.
12. Adjuration (n.) late 14c., "exorcism," from Late Latin adiurationem (nominative adiuratio) "a swearing to," noun of action from past-participle stem of Latin adiurare "to put (someone) to an oath," from ad "to" (see ad-) + iurare "swear," from ius (genitive iuris) "law," from PIE root *yewes-"law" (see jurist).Originally a term in exorcism (with conjuration); the general sense "a solemn oath
13. Definition of Adjuration in the Definitions.net dictionary
14. What does Adjuration mean? Information and translations of Adjuration in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
15. But Grace was so frightened, and so pledge-bound, that no Adjuration stopped her.: I would have been prepared for it in any kind of Adjuration, but I was not prepared for what I heard.: For instance, in the Adjuration of Achilles by the staff or sceptre.: This time it was not merely an Adjuration, it was a command.: I asked the spirit some questions, and then pronounced the Adjuration.
16. What Adjuration means in English, Adjuration meaning in English, Adjuration definition, explanation, pronunciations and examples of Adjuration in English
17. Adjuration translations: entreaty
18. ‘The poem ends with an Adjuration to the young to repair home from worldly vanity and to place their trust, not in unstable fortune as Troilus did, but in God.’ Word of the day hey up
19. Solemn Adjuration, or Adjuration properly so called, corresponds to the Greek exorkismos
20. In the Roman Ritual there are many forms of solemn Adjuration
21. Adjuration definition: a solemn charge or command Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
22. Translation for 'Adjuration' in the free English-Polish dictionary and many other Polish translations.
23. And our Lord then heard what is called "the swearing" in this verse, or what in that case was the Adjuration of the high priest; and as you notice, so obedient was the true Lamb, the true Saviour, to all the requirements of the ceremonial law, that though He had been dumb when asked previously, yet the moment that the high priest adjured Him
24. Synonyms for Adjuration in Free Thesaurus
25. 3 words related to Adjuration: appeal, entreaty, prayer
26. What are synonyms for Adjuration?
27. Adjuration - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
28. Find 250 ways to say Adjuration, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
29. I had begun my Adjuration with solemnity and an awe which almost assured me that the shades of my murdered friends heard and approved my devotion, but the furies possessed me as I concluded, and rage choked my utterance
30. —Better, because he heard the voice of Adjuration, and might be a witness, whether he hath seen the offence or known of it, if he doth not tell it
31. The sovereign of England receives the crown only as he or she responds affirmatively to the solemn Adjuration of the archbishop or bishop: "Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern," etc., closing with the affirmation, "So help me God." A fundamental conviction of civilized nations was expressed by Lycurgus: "An oath is the bond that keeps
32. 24 Qui partage avec un voleur hait son âme; il entend l' Adjuration, et ne déclare pas [la chose]
33. 24 Whoso shareth with a thief hateth his own soul: he heareth the Adjuration, and declareth not.: 5:1 Et si quelqu'un a péché en ce que, étant témoin et ayant entendu la voix d' Adjuration, ayant vu ou su, il ne déclare pas la chose, alors il portera son iniquité;
34. Origen is speaking of an Adjuration whereby a man intends to put another under an obligation, in the same way as he would bind himself by oath: for thus did the high-priest presume to adjure our Lord Jesus Christ [Matthew 26:63]
35. This argument considers the Adjuration which imposes an obligation
36. Synonyms for Adjuration include entreaty, appeal, petition, plea, prayer, solicitation, supplication, suit, pleading and conjuration
37. Adjuration: přísaha: Translations: 1 – 1 / 1
38. Adjuration Urdu Meaning - Find the correct meaning of Adjuration in Urdu, it is important to understand the word properly when we translate it from English to Urdu
39. There are always several meanings of each word in Urdu, the correct meaning of Adjuration in Urdu is قسم, and in roman we write it Qisam.
40. Kiểm tra các bản dịch 'Adjuration' sang Tiếng Croatia
41. Xem qua các ví dụ về bản dịch Adjuration trong câu, nghe cách phát âm và học ngữ pháp.
History and Etymology for adjuration. Middle English adjuracioun "exorcism," borrowed from Anglo-French adjuraciun "charging on oath," borrowed from Latin adjūrātiōn-, adjūrātiō "appeal," from adjūrāre "to adjure" + -tiōn-, -tiō, suffix of action nouns.
Middle English adjuracioun "exorcism," borrowed from Anglo-French adjuraciun "charging on oath," borrowed from Latin adjūrātiōn-, adjūrātiō "appeal," from adjūrāre "to adjure " + -tiōn-, -tiō, suffix of action nouns “Adjuration.” Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/adjuration.
ADJURATION. The act by which one person solemnly charges another to tell or swear to the truth. Wolff. Inst. Sec. 374. A Law Dictionary, Adapted to the Constitution and Laws of the United States.
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus. A swearing; taking an oath to be truthful. To adjure is to command solemnly, warning that penalties may be invoked. West's Encyclopedia of American Law, edition 2. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved. ADJURATION.