adjournment (noun) · adjournments (plural noun)
See also: Adjournment
1. Adjournment definition is - the act of adjourning
2. How to use Adjournment in a sentence.
3. Adjournment synonyms, Adjournment pronunciation, Adjournment translation, English dictionary definition of Adjournment
4. Adjournment definition, the act of adjourning or the state or period of being adjourned
5. If an Adjournment is final, it is said to be sine die, "without day" or without a time fixed to resume the work.
6. Find 17 ways to say Adjournment, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
7. An Adjournment of whatever length ends the “legislative day,” requiring much legislative business to be recommenced when the chamber reconvenes
8. An Adjournment may be entered by order of the court either in writing or on the record in open court, and the order must state the reason for the Adjournment
9. (2) In granting an Adjournment, the court may impose costs and conditions
10. When an Adjournment is granted conditioned on payment of costs, the costs may be taxed summarily to be paid on
11. OPPM 18-02: Definitions and Use of Adjournment, Call-up, and Case Page 5 Identification Codes D
12. Revised List of Adjournment Codes (continued) 31 RC to SC Merits Hearing Adjourned from a Reasonable Cause to a Special Circumstances Merits Hearing in a continued detention review case
13. Situations in which Adjournment can take place without a motion are When the hour adopted for Adjournment has arrived
14. Make your Adjournment request to NCAT as soon as possible
15. Ask them if they agree to the Adjournment and to send their response in writing
16. An Adjournment request must be in writing.
17. Definition of Adjournment in the Definitions.net dictionary
18. What does Adjournment mean? Information and translations of Adjournment in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
19. What Is An Adjournment In Chess? Adjournments were something that used to happen often in the past during chess tournaments when games took a long time to finish
20. Adjournment is the act of postponing or delaying proceedings; the end or the dismissal of business by a court
21. When the court Adjournment is final, it is called "sine …
22. Some board games, such as chess and Go, use an Adjournment mechanism to suspend the game in progress so it can be continued at another time, typically the following day
23. Sending Someone to Request the Adjournment
24. If it is an emergency and you cannot appear yourself to request the Adjournment, but wish to send someone on your behalf, you must give that person written authorization to make the request for you
25. Adjournment - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
26. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Adjournment n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc
27. "Adjournment" is the sixth episode of The Queen's Gambit
28. Synonyms for Adjournment in Free Thesaurus
29. 19 synonyms for Adjournment: postponement, delay, suspension, putting off, stay, recess
30. Like excuses for not doing homework every adjudicator has seen a variety of requests for a postponement or Adjournment of a hearing
31. In a recent case in the U.S., the lawyer for the accused in a criminal trial asked for an Adjournment to attend an Ernest Hemingway lookalike contest
32. Sending Someone to Request the Adjournment
33. If it is an emergency and you cannot appear yourself to request the Adjournment, but wish to send someone on your behalf, you must give that person written authorization to make the request for you
34. In the event that an Adjournment is conclusive, it is said to be sine kick the bucket, “without day” or without a period fixed to continue the work.
35. An Adjournment will only be granted if there is a very good reason to do so that could not have been reasonably foreseen or prevented
36. Before calling the OAL, you must contact the other party or parties to see if they agree to an Adjournment and to get a list of possible alternate dates.
37. The Adjournment was necessary and consented to by both parties
38. The Councillor was agreeable to an Adjournment on the proviso the meeting would be held in public and only about proposed new development charges
39. Second, the two houses of Congress must disagree about the time of Adjournment.
40. Losing Your Court Hearing Ask For An Adjournment
41. What is the difference between Adjournment and recess? Report Video Issue
42. (f) The reason that the Adjournment is required should be examined and, if it arises through the fault of the party asking for the Adjournment, that is a factor against granting the Adjournment, carrying weight in accordance with the gravity of the fault
43. If that party was not at fault, that may favour an Adjournment.
44. All Adjournment requests must be made in writing at least 48 hours before the scheduled court date and must include a reason for the request to adjourn the proceeding
45. Adjournments will not be granted less than 48 hours before the scheduled hearing date absent verifiable emergency circumstances
46. Adjournment-DAY IN ERROR In the English courts, is a day appointed some days before the end of the… Adjournment-DAY In English practice, is a day so called from its being a further day appointed… SESSION The sitting of a court, legislature, council, commission, etc., for the transaction of …
47. Requests for Adjournments are discouraged; however, will be considered for good cause
48. All Adjournment requests should be made as soon as the conflict is known
49. Adjournments must be filed at least 48 hours before the scheduled hearing …
50. Adjournment definition: An Adjournment is a temporary stopping of a trial , enquiry, or other meeting
51. Sessions, Adjournments, and Recesses of Congress Congressional Research Service Summary The House and Senate use the terms session, Adjournment, and recess in both informal and more formal ways, but the concepts apply in parallel ways to both the daily and the annual activities of
52. Adjournment is the dismissal by some court, legislative assembly, or properly authorized officer, of the business before them
53. Adjournment may be made in a final or temporary manner
54. A final Adjournment is called an Adjournment sine die, meaning "without day".
55. What Is An Adjournment In Chess? In the past, when official chess games went on for too long, players would take an Adjournment to suspend the game and continue it at another time
56. Adjournments would usually happen after a five- or six-hour session of play, and players generally resumed the …
57. When an order of Adjournment of any meeting fails to state the hour at which the adjourned meeting is to be held, it shall be held at the hour specified for regular meetings by ordinance, resolution, bylaw, or other rule
58. The Adjournment of the meeting until the following day caused angry scenes
59. The Adjournment is for cause as defined in the regulation, You have not already used two Adjournments, and; You were unable to make a timely request
60. NYSLRS will not grant a third Adjournment
61. Antre of Adjournment is a jumping puzzle east of the Valley of Lyss Waypoint — in Malchor's Leap
62. All 12 songs featured in The Queen's Gambit season 1 episode 6: Adjournment, with scene descriptions
63. 2 days ago · A sessions court on Saturday allowed one-time Adjournment to the counsel for singer Meesha Shafi with a last warning to present her two witnesses for cross-examination in …
64. The Backstory, Idaho’s Recent Legislative Adjournment
00 / 0 votes)Rate this definition:
Definition of adjourn. transitive verb. : to suspend indefinitely or until a later stated time adjourn a meeting Court is adjourned until 10 a.m. tomorrow. intransitive verb. 1 : to suspend a session indefinitely or to another time or place Congress will not adjourn until the budget has been completed.
Synonyms for adjournment in English. Remove Ads. Summary. English Synonyms: more detail... adjournment: adjournment; reprieve; dissolution. adjourn: adjourn; break down; sever; suspend; inhibit; ban; end; stop; recess; break up; withdraw; retire.
Compel means to force, and it is used in discovery proceedings. When someone files a motion, they ask the court to take action on something. Adjourn means put off to a future date.