1. Sufficient, enough, Adequate, competent mean being what is necessary or desirable. sufficient suggests a close meeting of a need. sufficient savings enough is less exact in suggestion than sufficient
2. Do you have enough food? Adequate may imply barely meeting a requirement
3. The service was Adequate competent suggests measuring up to all requirements without question or being Adequately adapted …
4. Adequate definition, as much or as good as necessary for some requirement or purpose; fully sufficient, suitable, or fit (often followed by to or for): This car is Adequate to our needs.They’ll provide Adequate food for fifty people
5. Some common synonyms of Adequate are competent, enough, and sufficient
6. While all these words mean "being what is necessary or desirable," Adequate may imply barely meeting a requirement
7. The service was Adequate When could competent be used to replace Adequate?
8. Enough or good enough for a particular purpose: Staff did not receive Adequate training. Adequate to do sth Our laws must be Adequate to protect our citizens. Adequate for sth This printer should be perfectly Adequate …
9. Find 35 ways to say Adequate, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
10. Adequate can also describe something that is acceptable or satisfactory, but not any better than that
11. You might say that a student's grades are Adequate but need improvement
12. The definition of Adequate is good enough for a specific requirement or purpose
13. A grade of 80% is an example of an Adequate score on a test.
14. In contextobsoletelang=en terms the difference between Adequate and appropriate is that Adequate is (obsolete) to equal while appropriate is (obsolete) set apart for a particular use or person; reserved
15. As adjectives the difference between Adequate and appropriate is that Adequate is equal to some requirement; proportionate, or correspondent; fully sufficient; as, powers Adequate to a great
16. The latest tweets from @AdequateEmily
17. Adequate to synonyms, Adequate to pronunciation, Adequate to translation, English dictionary definition of Adequate to
18. Adequate to - having the requisite qualities for; "equal to the task"; "the work isn't up to the standard I require" equal to, up to, capable
19. Compound Forms/Forme composte: Inglese: Italiano: Adequate supply n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc
20. (enough, sufficient amount) scorta sufficiente nf sostantivo femminile: Identifica un essere, un oggetto o un concetto che assume genere femminile: scrittrice, aquila, lampada, moneta, felicità: We have an Adequate supply of firewood to last the winter.
21. ‘Adequate resources and funding’ ‘the law is Adequate to deal with the problem’ ‘They point to figures that show current oil supplies are more than Adequate to satisfy demand.’ ‘Allocation of Adequate resources for research in these fields is highly desirable.’
22. As adjectives the difference between Adequate and sufficient is that Adequate is equal to some requirement; proportionate, or correspondent; fully sufficient; as, powers Adequate to a great work; an Adequate definition lawfully and physically sufficient while sufficient is equal to the end proposed; Adequate to wants; enough; ample; competent; as,
23. We have Adequate funds to support ourselves for a while until we're able to find jobs.Tenemos suficientes fondos para mantenernos durante un tiempo hasta que encontremos trabajo
24. Shoes should have Adequate arch support and cushioned heels.: Basically Adequate warm up, warm down, stretching, correct training, good diet and when possible, correcting bio mechanical problems are the best buffers against injuries.: But he then denied the defence Adequate opportunity to rebut the evidence and lowered the legal requirements necessary for the prosecution to prove its case.
25. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English ad‧e‧quate /ˈædɪkwət/ ●●○ S3 W3 AWL adjective 1 enough in quantity or of a good enough quality for a particular purpose SYN sufficient OPP inAdequate Farmers have been slow to make Adequate provision for their retirement.
26. Enough in quantity, or good enough in quality, for a particular purpose or need They'll need an Adequate supply of hot water
27. The room was small but Adequate. There is a lack of Adequate provision for disabled students.
28. Adequate - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
29. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Adequate adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (good enough, sufficient) adecuado/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa [b]grande[/b]", "mujer [b]alta[/b]").
30. ‘Adequate resources and funding’ ‘They point to figures that show current oil supplies are more than Adequate to satisfy demand.’ ‘Allocation of Adequate resources for research in these fields is highly desirable.’ ‘The band simply didn't have the time or resources to find an Adequate replacement for Frank.’
31. It was Adequate reward for the odd job done discreetly at short notice
32. Stanton had kept his word by providing an Adequate hiding place for him
33. Some cities have Adequate mass transportation systems, but many don’t
34. So, if the way out of poverty is education and the provision of Adequate.
35. Adequate water intake is necessary for your body to function properly
36. Because you have background in computer science, you are an Adequate fit in our software development firm
37. I need a vehicle that can transport seven passengers, so neither a car nor a truck will be Adequate enough.
38. Definition of Adequate written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
39. Adequate: equal to, or fully sufficient for a specified or implied requirement; often: narrowly or barely sufficient
40. The addition of “enough” in the following examples is redundant: If you work at it, you can do an Adequate-enough job.
41. Adequate cause for the passion which reduces a homicide committed under its influence from the grade of murder to manslaughter, means such cause as would commonly produce a degree of anger, rage, resentment, or terror, in a person of ordinary temper, sufficient to render the mind incapable of cool reflection.
42. An Adequate environmental impact assessment was not carried out on the bypass project: 10
43. The trains were not considered Adequate for use on the modern railways: 11
44. Remember to bring clothes that provide Adequate protection against the wind and rain: 12
45. Farmers have been slow to make Adequate provision for their retirement: 13.
46. Adequate definition: having the requisite qualities or resources to meet a task synonyms: competent, Adequateness, equal, Adequate to, capable, up to, equal to
47. Synonyms for Adequate in Free Thesaurus
48. 48 synonyms for Adequate: passable, acceptable, middling, average, fair, ordinary, moderate
49. Adequate /ˈædɪkwɪt/ CET4 TEM4 1
50. ADJ If something is Adequate, there is enough of it or it is good enough to be used or accepted.
51. Adequate definition: If something is Adequate , there is enough of it or it is good enough to be used or Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
52. An Adequate environmental impact assessment was not carried out on the bypass project
53. The trains were not considered Adequate for use on the modern railways.
54. Megakaryocytes were Adequate in number without overt cytologic atypia although a few hypolobated forms were present
55. This policy may have been Adequate in 2000, but to build it in 2010 is the equivalent of a coal-fired power station
56. The measures we have in Kenya are thus not Adequate in addressing long-range problems of say a hundred years or
57. A law that requires Public Utilities to provide Adequate service does not create a right for customers to sue the electric company whenever the meat in their freezers spoils because of a power outage in the absence of Negligence.Service does not have to be perfect in order to meet a standard of adequacy.
58. Adequate (also: apposite, appropriate, congruent, correct, exact, fit, fitting, proper, right, proper (to))
59. We found 15 answers for “Adequate”
60. This page shows answers to the clue Adequate, followed by ten definitions like “Decent enough to meet a purpose”, “Sufficient for the purpose” and “Satisfactory in quantity or quality”.Synonyms for Adequate are for example all right, average and fair.More synonyms can be found below the puzzle answers.
61. Adjectives for Adequate include Adequate, adequative, Adequated and adequating
62. Adequate 'Adequate' is a 8 letter word starting with A and ending with E Crossword clues for 'Adequate' Clue Answer; Enough or sufficient (8) Adequate: Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Adequate We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Adequate will help you to finish your crossword today
63. Suppose, then, that the expressions defining the authority of the convention were irreconcilably at variance with each other; that a NATIONAL and Adequate GOVERNMENT could not possibly, in the judgment of the convention, be affected by ALTERATIONS and PROVISIONS in the ARTICLES OF CONFEDERATION; which part of the definition ought to have been embraced, and which rejected?
64. Definition and synonyms of Adequate from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
65. This is the British English definition of Adequate.View American English definition of Adequate.
66. Find 35 ways to say Adequate, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
67. Explore 163 Adequate Quotes by authors including George Washington, William Howard Taft, and Norman Borlaug at BrainyQuote
68. "Civilization as it is known today could not have evolved, nor can it survive, without an Adequate food supply."
69. A law that requires Public Utilities to provide Adequate service does not create a right for customers to sue the electric company whenever the meat in their freezers spoils because of a power outage in the absence of Negligence.Service does not have to be perfect in order to meet a standard of adequacy.
70. Adequate food means the provision at suitable intervals, not to exceed 24 hours, of a quality of wholesome foodstuff suitable for the species and age, sufficient to maintain a reasonable level of nutrition in each animal to allow for proper growth and weight.Such foodstuff shall be served in a receptacle, dish, or container that is physically clean and in which agents injurious to health have
71. Fast-paced triggers with a focus on unpredictability and variety :D Adequateasmr@yahoo.com
72. Adequate intake: (AI) ( ad'ĕ-kwăt in'tāk ) A recommended intake value based on observed or experimentally determined approximations or estimates of nutrient intake by a group (or groups) of healthy people, which are assumed to be Adequate-used when a recommended daily amount cannot be determined
73. Enough in quantity, or good enough in quality, for a particular purpose or need an Adequate supply of hot water The room was small but Adequate
74. There is a lack of Adequate access for disabled students.