1. For example, Standard Jamaican English is the Acrolect where Jamaican Creole is spoken
2. : the language variety of a speech community closest to the standard or prestige form of a language First Known Use of Acrolect 1964, in the meaning defined above History and Etymology for Acrolect
Acrolect, Above, And
3. Acrolect Of the spectral and temporal variables studied, differences between Acrolect- and basilect-dominant speakers emerged most clearly in temporal vowel proper ties
4. In sociolinguistics, Acrolect is a creole variety that tends to command respect because its grammatical structures do not deviate significantly from those of the standard variety of the language.
5. For example, Standard Jamaican English is the Acrolect where Jamaican Creole is spoken.
6. Acrolect provides progressive, expert services tailored to meet evolving tactical, operational, and sensitive requirements for domestic and select international partners and clients
7. In 2019 Acrolect SOLUTIONS registered a DBA (doing business as)
8. 18 rows · William Stewart, in 1965, proposed the terms Acrolect, the highest or most prestigious …
9. Acrolect Solutions LLC is located in Pinehurst, NC, United States and is part of the Consulting Services Industry
10. Acrolect Solutions LLC has 6 total employees across all …
Acrolect, Across, All
11. So at the top of the triangle, you have what is called the Acrolect, for instance, in British English, the Queen speaks a “perfect” RP, the Acrolect, it is the language spoken by …
12. 2 Source for information on Acrolect: Concise Oxford Companion to the English Language dictionary.
13. In some cases, a language develops an Acrolect which contains elements of a more prestigious language
14. Acrolect - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
15. Dialect, Acrolect, mesolect, basilect Pidgins and Creoles Diglossia Conclusion A progressive shift from one form of speech to another across a territory, such that adjacent varieties are mutually intelligible, but those at the extremes are not
Acrolect, And, Another, Across, Adjacent, Are, At
16. Basilect is a see also of Acrolect
17. Acrolect is a see also of basilect
18. In contextlinguisticslang=en terms the difference between Acrolect and basilect is that Acrolect is (linguistics) the variety of speech that is considered the standard form while basilect is (linguistics) a variety of a language that has diverged greatly from the standard form
19. As nouns the difference between Acrolect
20. Definition of Acrolect in the Definitions.net dictionary
21. What does Acrolect mean? Information and translations of Acrolect in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
22. Acrolect: The variety of speech that is closest to a standard prestige language, especially in an area in which a creole is spoken
Acrolect, An, Area
23. For example, Standard Jamaican English is the Acrolect where Jamaican Creole is spoken.
24. Architects · Interior Designers · Design Acrolect
25. Definition of Acrolect noun in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
26. The Acrolect is often European, reflecting the history of colonization, but this is not always the case
27. The mesolect represents the numerous confused variations which basilect speakers produce when trying to produce the Acrolect
28. Sociolinguists have created such terms as Acrolect, mesolect, and basilect from the root element of dialect.
As, Acrolect, And
29. For example, Standard Jamaican English is the Acrolect where Jamaican Creole is spoken
30. Creole Continuums are used to describe the three-important variety of Creolese that pops up is Acrolect, Mesolect, and Basilect
Are, Acrolect, And
31. When speaking Creolese the Acrolect variety is usually used by the speakers of the upper class, the middle class using Mesolect., and lastly Basilect is often heard being spoken by the laborer’s in the rural population.
32. The noticeable difference between Acrolect Creole and basilect Creole and its link to situations as well as status within society reminded me of the different dialects and registers within the Chinese language
Acrolect, And, As
33. Acrolect Solutions Private Limited is a Private incorporated on 08 November 2016
34. Any variety of language in a creole continuum that is intermediate between the basilect and the Acrolect.
Any, And, Acrolect
35. Coordinate terms: Acrolect, mesolect 1977, Joseph Twadell Shipley, In praise of English: the growth & use of language, page 78: The highest level of good English has been called the Acrolect
36. Mesolect is a see also of Acrolect
37. In contextlinguisticslang=en terms the difference between Acrolect and mesolect is that Acrolect is (linguistics) the variety of speech that is considered the standard form while mesolect is (linguistics) a variety of speech that is midway between the Acrolect and the basilect
38. As nouns the difference between Acrolect and mesolect
As, Acrolect, And
39. Decreolization is the process by which a creole language gradually becomes more like the standard language of a region (or the Acrolect)
40. In one dimension change is directed toward the Acrolect, the “typical” change in the creole continuum
41. 2013, Allan Bell, The Guidebook to Sociolinguistics, John Wiley & Sons , page 83: At the other end of the continuum is the most standard speech, the Acrolect
Allan, Amp, At, Acrolect
42. The Acrolect - Warwickshire, UK - Rated 5 based on 2 Reviews "Excelente el concepto d las clases de las clases de dialogo!! Es genial para principiantes
43. Acrolect in a sentence - Use "Acrolect" in a sentence 1
44. It should be noted that the Acrolect, much like the basilect, is rarely heard
45. In some cases, a language develops an Acrolect that contains elements of a more prestigious language
46. Click for more sentences of Acrolect
47. Acrolect Source: The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Linguistics Author(s): P
48. For example, in Jamaica, Jamaican Creole is the basilect whereas Standard Jamaican English is the Acrolect or prestige language
49. This paper aims to uncover the phenomenon of Code-switching and the motivation behind the propensity of using Acrolect in code-switching among the youths of Bangladesh
Aims, And, Acrolect, Among
50. === Stratification === William Stewart, in 1965, proposed that the terms Acrolect and basilect be the sociolinguistic labels for the upper and lower boundaries respectively of a post-creole speech continuum
51. A multi-disciplinary practice established in the year 2017 Design Acrolect is a Delhi based design studio focusing on design research and addressing the theme of computational design through their unique approach to architecture and interiors across distinct proportions.
Acrolect, And, Addressing, Approach, Architecture, Across
52. Translation for 'Acrolect' in the free English-Portuguese dictionary and many other Portuguese translations.
53. The Acrolect is internationally intelligible, and it is used for official purposes or formal occasions and written communications
54. (relative to the Acrolect and the basilect) an intermediate dialect or variety of a particular language (used esp
Acrolect, And, An
Definition of acrolect.: the language variety of a speech community closest to the standard or prestige form of a language.
In sociolinguistics, acrolect is a creole variety that tends to command respect because its grammatical structures do not deviate significantly from those of the standard variety of the language. Adjective: acrolectal. Contrast with basilect, a language variety that is significantly different from the standard variety.
Use of the terms acrolect, mesolect and basilect attempts to avoid the value judgement inherent in earlier terminology, by which the language spoken by the ruling classes in a capital city was defined as the "correct" or "pure" form while that spoken by the lower classes and inhabitants of outlying provinces was "a dialect"...