1. Examples of Acrimonious in a Sentence Each man came out of their Acrimonious 200-meter showdown on July 23 with an injured hamstring and a decidedly negative vibe
Acrimonious, An, And
2. Caustic, stinging, or bitter in nature, speech, behavior, etc.: an Acrimonious answer; an Acrimonious dispute.
An, Acrimonious, Answer
3. Bitter and sharp in language or tone; rancorous: an Acrimonious debate between the two candidates.
And, An, Acrimonious
4. Acrimonious A badly conducted strike, extremely Acrimonious or negative, even when done for the right reasons may still result in patients feeling betrayed by the profession
5. If you're familiar with the adjective acrid, which means "having a strongly unpleasant taste or smell," you might guess that Acrimonious probably refers to something unpleasant, too
Adjective, Acrid, Acrimonious
6. Until the mid-nineteenth century, Acrimonious meant the same thing as acrid.
Acrimonious, As, Acrid
7. 7 synonyms of Acrimonious from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 27 related words, definitions, and antonyms
Acrimonious, And, Antonyms
8. Find another word for Acrimonious
9. ăk'rə-mō'nē-əs The definition of Acrimonious is when someone or something is bitter or harsh in manner or speech, or rubs a person the wrong way. When a person says mean and hurtful things to someone, it is an example of acting in an Acrimonious manner.
Acrimonious, And, An, Acting
10. A once-in-a-lifetime pandemic, an economic shutdown and reopening, a national reckoning with racial inequality, and an election so Acrimonious it feels the very principles of democracy itself are under threat
An, And, Acrimonious, Are
11. Translation for 'Acrimonious' in the free English-German dictionary and many other German translations.
12. English One extremely positive point is the call for 'gender-sensitive performance indicators' to be developed, which would also make the controversial subject of quotas less Acrimonious
13. Nouns for Acrimonious include acrimonies, Acrimoniousness and acrimony
Acrimonious, Acrimonies, Acrimoniousness, And, Acrimony
14. Your Acrimonious arguments about religion only sever friendships
Acrimonious, Arguments, About
15. From crumbs in the butter to jelly in the peanut butter jar, it didn't take much for the Acrimonious man to get into a temper
16. We could avoid this Acrimonious situation altogether by agreeing to disagree on the issue.
Avoid, Acrimonious, Altogether, Agreeing
17. Resigned after Acrimonious correspondence same year
18. Acrimonious (adj.) 1610s, "acrid," from French acrimonieux, from Medieval Latin acrimoniosus, from Latin acrimonia "sharpness" (see acrimony)
Acrimonious, Adj, Acrid, Acrimonieux, Acrimoniosus, Acrimonia, Acrimony
19. Related: Acrimoniously; Acrimoniousness.
20. Summary: An Acrimonious power struggle among Somalia's leaders is opening the way for Islamist militants to step up their insurgency against the government, the African Union peacekeeping force said Thursday. Insurgents eye opportunities amid Somalia's power struggle
An, Acrimonious, Among, Against, African, Amid
21. Emery was estranged from his fourth wife and a remarkable and Acrimonious dispute blew up between the two women
22. The obvious reason is that the debates became so Acrimonious and bitter, that the Generals ordered him to desist
23. The company was involved in an Acrimonious tax dispute with the local government earlier this year.
24. A non-Acrimonious but sudden divorce wrenches the gay, working-class born Emeka out of a decade-long hiatus living the middle-class dream, landing him back in …
25. Acrimonious: Bitter and sharp in language or tone; rancorous
26. Gross said he clearly recognized what he called the "Acrimonious relationship" between McCourt and MLB Commissioner Bud Selig , but rejected Dodgers attorneys' argument that MLB would use the loan to gain control of the team and push McCourt aside.Judge Blocks Dodgers From Tapping Hedge-Fund Loan
Acrimonious, And, Attorneys, Argument, Aside
27. Acrimonious words or quarrels are bitter and angry.
Acrimonious, Are, And, Angry
28. ‘The more Acrimonious and bitter an argument or election contest appears to be, the less likely it is that anything of principle will really be at stake.’ ‘It was a bitter, Acrimonious divorce that involved lawyers and an emotional tug-of-war over access to Leon.’
Acrimonious, And, An, Argument, Appears, Anything, At, Access
29. Acrimonious - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
30. Definition of Acrimonious (adjective): involving angry feelings
Acrimonious, Adjective, Angry
31. Definition and synonyms of Acrimonious from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
32. This is the British English definition of Acrimonious.View American English definition of Acrimonious.
33. ‘The more Acrimonious and bitter an argument or election contest appears to be, the less likely it is that anything of principle will really be at stake.’ ‘It was a bitter, Acrimonious divorce that involved lawyers and an emotional tug-of-war over access to Leon.’
Acrimonious, And, An, Argument, Appears, Anything, At, Access
34. Definition of Acrimonious in the Definitions.net dictionary
35. What does Acrimonious mean? Information and translations of Acrimonious in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
36. An Acrimonious divorce was followed by a custody battle
37. Times, Sunday Times (2015) He was involved in an Acrimonious split from his second wife that dragged on for years
38. The Acrimonious start soured the investor mood in Asia, contributing to a slide of about 3% in China’s CSI 300 stock index
Acrimonious, Asia, About
39. Find 39 ways to say Acrimonious, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Acrimonious, Along, Antonyms, And, At
40. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Acrimonious ac‧ri‧mo‧ni‧ous / ˌækrəˈməʊniəs $ -ˈmoʊ-/ adjective ANGRY an Acrimonious meeting or discussion is one in which people argue a lot and get very angry SYN bitter The meeting ended in an Acrimonious dispute
Acrimonious, Ac, Adjective, Angry, An, Argue, And
41. — Acrimoniously adverb — Acrimoniousness noun [uncountable
Acrimoniously, Adverb, Acrimoniousness
42. Definition of Acrimonious adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
Acrimonious, Adjective, Advanced
43. Acrimonious in a sentence - Use "Acrimonious" in a sentence 1
44. Colin Powell has divided the right into Acrimonious camps
45. Jiler said : " The deliberations were tense and Acrimonious
46. Click for more sentences of Acrimonious
47. The Acrimonious remarks have contributed to political polarization
48. The target of the Acrimonious article has sued for slander
49. Theoretic differences and personal controversies lead to strife and Acrimonious enmities.; Duty and respect kept her silent to me, but to him she made an Acrimonious reply.; Every heart rejoices, every tongue blesses, every Acrimonious feeling is consigned to oblivion.; At the second meeting the disagreeable topics of the former evening were revived and discussed in a more Acrimonious spirit
And, Acrimonious, An, At
50. The debate was Acrimonious, with opposition parties denouncing Shamir's deals with defectors from other parties to win his working majority
51. But in the mid-1970s there was an Acrimonious conflict between the different intelligence gathering agencies in the province.
An, Acrimonious, Agencies
52. Definition of Acrimonious written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
Acrimonious, Audio, And
53. Bitter and sharp in language or tone; rancorous: an Acrimonious debate between the two candidates.
And, An, Acrimonious
54. This is the official Acrimonious bandcamp webpage
55. Learn Acrimonious with free interactive flashcards
56. Choose from 197 different sets of Acrimonious flashcards on Quizlet.
57. It was a markedly Acrimonious start Secretary of State Antony J
58. How to say Acrimonious in English? Pronunciation of Acrimonious with 5 audio pronunciations, 18 synonyms, 1 meaning, 1 antonym, 12 translations, 6 sentences and more for Acrimonious.
Acrimonious, Audio, Antonym, And
59. Eleven Dragons by Acrimonious, released 20 March 2017 1
60. PRODUCTIONS is proud to present Acrimonious' highly anticipated third album
Acrimonious, Amp, Anticipated, Album
61. Another way to say Acrimonious? Synonyms for Acrimonious (other words and phrases for Acrimonious).
Another, Acrimonious, And
62. Human rights issues "have been the most Acrimonious area" among member states, and the United States is looking for possibilities to work with key states and organizations "to have a more positive conversation on freedom of expression, to which many different countries from many different parts of the globe could support.
Acrimonious, Area, Among, And