See also: Accordingly According Health Eternity The Love To Acid Democracy Accommodate Account Accord Accountability Accommodation Accomplish Accountable Accolades Accounting Accomplishment Accost Accosted Accommodating Accompany Accoutrements Accounts Is
1. First Known Use of According to 14th century, in the meaning defined at sense 1 History and Etymology for According to Middle English acordyng to, from acordyng "agreeing" (from present participle of …
According, At, And, Acordyng, Agreeing
2. According definition, agreeing: According voices raised in censure
3. 23 synonyms of According from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 27 related words, definitions, and antonyms
According, And, Antonyms
4. Find another word for According
5. According: to be in agreement on every point
6. Find 58 ways to say According, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
According, Along, Antonyms, And, At
7. 'According to' You can use According to when you want to report what someone said. According to Dr Santos, the cause of death was drowning
8. You can also use According to when you want to report information given in a book or a document.
9. Provides a particular fact: According to a company spokesman, the firm is expected to have sales of more than $3.5 billion this year.
10. Synonyms for According in Free Thesaurus
11. 27 synonyms for According: as claimed by, in the opinion of, on the authority of, as stated by, as believed by, on the report of, as maintained by
12. What are synonyms for According?
13. Another way to say According To? Synonyms for According To (other words and phrases for According To).
Another, According, And
14. The definition of According is agreeing or being in harmony
15. An example of According is when a woman doesn’t wear white after Labor Day because it is an unwritten rule of fashion
An, According, After
16. An example of According is telling someone a story using the facts received from a newspaper article.
An, According, Article
17. Synonyms for According include granting, awarding, giving, presenting, tendering, vouchsafing, bestowing, conceding, assigning and ceding
According, Awarding, Assigning, And
18. According to Explore 'According to' in the dictionary 1 (phrase) in the sense of as claimed by According to local gossip they haven't been in touch for years.
19. (foll by to) in proportion; in relation salary will be According to age and experience 2
According, Age, And
20. According to definition, in agreement or accord with: According to his judgment
According, Agreement, Accord
21. According to "referring to," literally "in a manner agreeing with" is from late
22. Use According to to state a source of information
23. In other words, According to tells you where a statement/idea comes from
24. It tells you the origin of some information. According to my father, I cried a lot when I was a baby.
25. ‘There have indeed been a variety of bundle theories, differing According as the bundles' constituents and/or structures were different.’ ‘From the whole rose that blended odour of viands, of flowers, of stuff's, of toilet perfumes, which is the characteristic expression of, all social festivities, and which exhilarates or depresses - According as one is new or old to it.’
According, As, And, All
26. According to Brzezinski, "Potanin proposed forming a consortium of Russia's biggest private banks to lend the Treasury the money that the Yeltsin machine required to get itself reelected
27. According to Jim (TV Series 2001–2009) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more.
According, And, Actors, Actresses
28. According to - WordReference thesaurus: synonyms, discussion and more
29. According: 1 adj (followed by `to') in agreement with or accordant with “ According to instructions” Synonyms: accordant being in agreement or harmony; often followed by `with' adj (followed by `to') as reported or stated by “ According to historians” Synonyms: reported made known or told about; especially presented in a formal account
According, Adj, Agreement, Accordant, As, About, Account
30. As adverbs the difference between According and Accordingly is that According is (obsolete) Accordingly; correspondingly while Accordingly is (manner) agreeably; correspondingly; suitably; in a manner conformable
As, Adverbs, According, And, Accordingly, Agreeably
31. As a verb According is (accord).As a adjective According is agreeing; in agreement or harmony; harmonious.
As, According, Accord, Adjective, Agreeing, Agreement
32. ‘There have indeed been a variety of bundle theories, differing According as the bundles' constituents and/or structures were different.’ ‘From the whole rose that blended odour of viands, of flowers, of stuff's, of toilet perfumes, which is the characteristic expression of, all social festivities, and which exhilarates or depresses - According as one is new or old to it.’
According, As, And, All
33. Welcome to According Two podcast, hosted by twins Megan Stitz and Ciera Stitz! On this podcast they discuss a wide range of topics from balancing college life with YouTube, current events, and interesting stories
34. 1 day ago · They range in age from 20 to 65, According to Boulder Police Chief Maris Harold, who said the last body was removed from the scene at 1:30 a.m
Ago, Age, According, At
35. 2 days ago · According to Ucker's personnel file, he had taught at UC since 1996
Ago, According, At
36. Former President Donald Trump's five impeachment defense attorneys have left a little more than a week before his trial is set to begin, According to people familiar with the case, amid a
Attorneys, According, Amid
37. 2 days ago · Alabama’s Class of 2019 had the highest high school graduation rate in the country, According to information released Monday by federal education officials
Ago, Alabama, According
38. According to the WBA Alliance, there is a need to find a dynamic way for IoT devices to search for a computable network and automatically roam between Wi-Fi and mobile networks at scale without intervention
According, Alliance, And, Automatically, At
39. People in very rural areas may be more vulnerable to covid-19 than urbanites, According to a Post analysis of CDC data
Areas, According, Analysis
40. Below is our chart of presidential election results for the 2020, 2016, and 2012 According to the congressional district lines that were used in the 2020 elections
The definition of according is agreeing or being in harmony. An example of according is when a woman doesn’t wear white after Labor Day because it is an unwritten rule of fashion. An example of according is telling someone a story using the facts received from a newspaper article.
English Language Learners Definition of according to. : as stated, reported, or recorded by (someone or something) : as directed or required by (rules, directions, etc.) : in a way that is based on (something)
Synonyms for According: adj. •all (adjective) according. •consonant (adjective) uni-form, co-incident, more blending, uni form, more correspondent, most blending, most according, most correspondent, co incident, most concordant, more similar, more according, more concordant. n. •accordant (noun) accordant.
Dictionary of English Synonymes(0.00 / 0 votes)Rate these synonyms: accordingly(ad.) Synonyms: agreeably, suitably, conformably. accordingly(ad.) Synonyms: consequently, as a natural consequence, as proper to the circumstances or the occasion.