1. Doctor Allday was an elderly man, with a cool manner and a ruddy complexion--thoroughly Acclimatized to the atmosphere of pain and grief in which it was his destiny to live.
2. It took him several months to become Acclimatized to the heat.
3. ‘Having Acclimatized to the less-than-welcoming conditions, the Royals moved on to the tactical phase of the training.’ ‘The timing of these tours of Zimbabwe and South Africa could not have been more opportune and is an ideal chance to get Acclimatized to the conditions.’
4. To (cause to) change to suit different conditions of life, weather, etc.: More time will be needed for the troops and equipment to become Acclimatized to desert conditions
5. To (cause to) change to suit different conditions of life, weather, etc.: More time will be needed for the troops and equipment to become Acclimatized to desert conditions
6. Definition of Acclimatized in the Definitions.net dictionary
7. What does Acclimatized mean? Information and translations of Acclimatized in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
8. What does Acclimatized mean? Simple past tense and past participle of acclimatize
9. Verb When you acclimatize or are Acclimatized to a new situation, place, or climate, you become used to it.
10. Adapted or accustomed to a new climate or environment Senior officers say the troops are now Acclimatized.
11. Acclimatize to something It takes many months to acclimatize to life in the tropics.; be/get Acclimatized to something We haven’t got Acclimatized to village life yet.; acclimatize yourself (to something) She was fine once she had Acclimatized herself to the cold.
12. Breathing on the Edge As Australian author William Lines notes, they " Acclimatized to the Australian environment with frightening fecundity." The population quickly exploded to more than 200 million, devouring native grasses, brush and tree sprouts, and turning grassland and farmland into dusty desert.
13. We found one answer for the crossword clue Acclimatized
14. If you haven't solved the crossword clue Acclimatized yet try to search our Crossword Dictionary by entering the letters you already know! (Enter a dot for each missing letters, e.g
15. Acclimatized time means the time at the location where the flight crew member is Acclimatized
16. 26.0 Determining FDP Table Start Time This section provides a method to account for the differences between the individual’s Acclimatized time and the time zone that the FDP begins in and to determine how long it takes an individual to acclimatize
17. Acclimatized workers need more water—not less— due to increased sweating
18. Acclimatized synonyms and antonyms in the English synonyms dictionary, see also 'acclimatize',acclimatised',acclaimed',acclimatization', definition
19. Understand Acclimatized meaning and enrich your vocabulary
20. ‘Acclimatized’; that is clos er to the state that they are in the enviro nment from which a test sample is drawn
21. UnAcclimatized definition is - not adapted to a new climate, place, or situation : not Acclimatized
22. How to use unAcclimatized in a sentence
23. Antonyms for Acclimatized include delicate, nonhardy, soft, tender, weak, green, unaccustomed, naive, sympathetic and kind
24. Synonyms for Acclimatized to include accustomed to, acclimated to, adapted to, adjusted to, familiar with, given to, in the habit of, in the way of, prone to and used to
25. Another word for Acclimatized to
26. Find more ways to say Acclimatized to, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
27. Compared with Acclimatized newcomers, native Andean and Himalayan populations have better oxygenation at birth, enlarged lung volumes throughout life, and a higher capacity for exercise
28. Heat syncope typically occurs when the ambient temperature or humidity rises suddenly, or when a non-Acclimatized individual performs exercise in a hot environment
29. To test this hypothesis, cardiovascular, endocrine and renal responses to stepwise acute exposure to simulated altitude (6,000 m) were compared in ten Acclimatized recumbent mountaineers a mean of 24 days, SD 11, after descending from Himalayan altitudes of at least 4,000 m, with those found in ten non-Acclimatized recumbent volunteers.
30. An individual is considered Acclimatized if he or she has undertaken regular exercise for longer than 10 days in the same environmental conditions as the pro-posed activity
31. At 25 degrees C, urine flow increased some two-fold and absolute and fractional sodium excretions by 4- to 6-fold in the euthermic rats and to a lesser extent in the cold Acclimatized rats, while basal levels of fluid excretion were higher in the Acclimatized rats
32. It typically takes about two weeks for the average person to become heating Acclimatized
33. Acclimatized - find the meaning, anagrams and hook words with Acclimatized and much more.
Acclimatization, or acclimation in English-speaking countries other than the US, is the process in which an individual organism adjusts to a gradual change in its environment, allowing it to maintain performance across a range of environmental conditions. Acclimatization occurs in a short period of time, and within the organism's lifetime.
acclimated; acclimating. transitive verb. : to adapt (someone) to a new temperature, altitude, climate, environment, or situation. They had to acclimate themselves to an urban lifestyle.
Definition of acclimate. transitive verb. : to adapt (someone) to a new temperature, altitude, climate, environment, or situation They had to acclimate themselves to an urban lifestyle.