ACCENTUATE [əkˈsen(t)SHəˌwāt, akˈsen(t)SHəˌwāt]
accentuate (verb) · accentuates (third person present) · accentuated (past tense) · accentuated (past participle) · accentuating (present participle)
1. When you "Accentuate" something, you put an "accent" (or emphasis) on it
2. So it will come as no surprise to learn that etymologists have traced "Accentuate" back to "accentus," the Latin word for "accent." "Accentus," in turn, combines the prefix ad- with cantus, meaning "song."
3. See synonyms for: Accentuate / Accentuated / Accentuates / accentuating on Thesaurus.com verb (used with object), ac·cen·tu·at·ed, ac·cen·tu·at·ing
4. 30 synonyms of Accentuate from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 47 related words, definitions, and antonyms
5. Find another word for Accentuate
6. Accentuate: to indicate the importance of by centering attention on
7. To stress or emphasize; intensify: "land-reform plans that Accentuated the already chaotic pattern of landholding" (James Fallows)
8. The definition of Accentuate means to focus on something or make something stand out
9. An example of Accentuate is to put a word or phrase in all capital letters.
10. Find 15 ways to say Accentuate, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
11. Accentuate Staffing, founded in 1996, is a North Carolina certified woman-owned business with offices in Raleigh and Selma, NC
12. Accentuate Staffing, founded in 1996, is a North Carolina certified woman-owned business with offices in Raleigh and Selma, NC
13. 148 rows · Accentuate (Madeira Supertwist) 30wt thread - 70% Polyamide/30% Metallic Polyester …
14. The new policy only serves to Accentuate …
15. Examples of Accentuate in a sentence The bright colored eyeliner will Accentuate Ann’s beautiful eyes
16. 🔊 When shopping, Kathryn always picks out blouses that accentuate her tiny waist
17. 🔊 Harry tried to accentuate the positive aspects of moving into a smaller home
18. To Accentuate something is to emphasize it
19. If you want someone to know you’re from the American South, Accentuate your accent by laying it on thick, y’all
20. When you Accentuate, you draw attention to something
21. You could wear a green shirt to Accentuate your green eyes, for example.
22. See 4 authoritative translations of Accentuate in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
23. To stress or emphasize; intensify: "land-reform plans that Accentuated the already chaotic pattern of landholding" (James Fallows)
24. Synonyms for Accentuate include accent, highlight, stress, emphasise, emphasize, underline, feature, foreground, underscore and point up
25. To Accentuate water as the essence of life, several synchronised swimmers perform a calming and mystical aquatic ballet
26. So, chaps who overtly dress to Accentuate a bit of their bodies look sad and weird, like muscle Marys in cap-sleeved T-shirts.
27. Accentuate (third-person singular simple present Accentuates, present participle accentuating, simple past and past participle Accentuated) To pronounce with an accent or vocal stress
28. Accentuate is a Digital Agency that specialises in Website Development, Animation, Marketing, and Design
29. Accentuate Custom Fields is the professional and de facto solution to easily extend your Shopify store with your own fields such multi-language text fields, images, checkboxes, dates, selection list and custom JSON objects
30. Eyeliner is used to Accentuate the shape of your eyes by emphasizing the borders of the eyelids and providing a contrast between the dark eyeliner and the white of the eye
31. So that Titian, having to retain the vertical position for Bacchus' forward leg, used the aggressive standing leg of the cymbal lady to Accentuate its spring and lightness.
32. We found 6 answers for “Accentuate”
33. This page shows answers to the clue Accentuate, followed by 4 definitions like “To bring out distinctly”, “To mark with the written accent” and …
34. Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative Focus on the positive rather than the negative
35. If you're feeling down, try to Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative
36. Focus on the good things in your life! See also: Accentuate, and, eliminate, negative, positive eliminate the negative and Accentuate the positive Focus on the positive
37. To Accentuate something means to emphasize it or make it more noticeable
38. His shaven head Accentuates his large round face.
39. Is the word Accentuate a good word to tell in morning assembly?
40. But for the most part I actually "Accentuate" my brows with a bit of Bobby Brown light brown eyebrow shadow.Golden Arches
41. And at night especially that cold air wants to drain and kind of Accentuate it with these Santa Ana offshore winds and compressed heated and that's what we've got.
42. ‘To Accentuate his point, he referred to the Gospel which emphasises forgiveness.’ ‘Nighttime pupil dilation Accentuates the problem and makes it more noticeable.’ ‘She stands up decisively and pulls her t-shirt down at the sides, accentuating the waistless bulge of …
43. Definition and synonyms of Accentuate from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
44. This is the British English definition of Accentuate.View American English definition of Accentuate.
45. Accentuate was designed in collaboration with the new color additions for Plexus Colour
46. The accent stripes of Accentuate correspond with Plexus Colour colorways, so they can be used together to create wayfinding and destination areas
47. Accentuate the word " accent " on the first syllable
48. The photograph seemed to Accentuate his large nose
49. The new policy only serves to Accentuate the inadequacy of provision for the homeless
50. These Accentuate the passions and the desire-nature, and this expresses itself gradually also in a further condensation of the physical human body
51. The illuminations were daintily painted, and the sure touch of the little white line used to Accentuate the colours, was noticeable.
52. ‘To Accentuate his point, he referred to the Gospel which emphasises forgiveness.’ ‘Nighttime pupil dilation Accentuates the problem and makes it more noticeable.’ ‘She stands up decisively and pulls her t-shirt down at the sides, accentuating the waistless bulge of …
53. Definition of Accentuate verb in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
54. High quality Accentuate gifts and merchandise
55. Synonyms for Accentuate in Free Thesaurus
56. 27 synonyms for Accentuate: emphasize, stress, highlight, accent, underline, bring home, underscore, foreground, give emphasis to, call or draw attention to
57. What are synonyms for Accentuate?
58. What is the opposite of Accentuate? Antonyms for Accentuate (opposite of Accentuate).
59. I Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative
60. Whatever you got you have to Accentuate