1. Examples of Abysmal in a Sentence They were living in Abysmal ignorance
2. A desperate cry echoing from the Abysmal reaches of the cave Recent Examples on the Web At the time, New York City’s …
3. Extremely or hopelessly bad or severe: abysmal ignorance; Abysmal poverty.
4. Abysmal adjective dreadful, bad, terrible, awful, appalling, dismal, dire, ghastly, hideous, atrocious, godawful (informal) The general standard was Abysmal
Abysmal, Adjective, Awful, Appalling, Atrocious
5. Abysmal working conditions The food was Abysmal
6. The standard of the students ' work is abysmal.
7. When someone describes the hole you just dug as Abysmal, you may not know whether to take it as positive or negative feedback
8. That's because starting in the 1650s, Abysmal simply meant “resembling an abyss in depth.” By that definition you've just received a compliment on your deep digging skills.
Abysmal, An, Abyss
9. Synonyms & Antonyms of Abysmal. extending far downward. a desperate cry echoing from the Abysmal reaches of the cave.
Amp, Antonyms, Abysmal
10. The definition of Abysmal is something that is extremely bad or unfathomably appalling. An example of Abysmal living conditions would be an unheated room with bugs in it.
Abysmal, Appalling, An
11. For decades, the world has turned a blind eye to India’s Abysmal human rights record
12. THE FARMERS' PROTESTS ARE A TURNING POINT FOR INDIA'S DEMOCRACY—AND THE WORLD CAN NO LONGER IGNORE THAT SIMRAN JEET SINGH FEBRUARY 12, 2021 TIME Let’s be clear, the United States is Abysmal in its human rights practices.
Are, And, Abysmal
13. Abysmal (adj.) 1650s, "pertaining to an abyss," formed in English from abysm + -al (1)
Abysmal, Adj, An, Abyss, Abysm, Al
14. Weakened sense of "extremely bad" is first recorded 1904, perhaps from Abysmal ignorance (suggestive of its "depth"), an expression attested from 1847.
Abysmal, An, Attested
15. Abysmal Pertaining to an abyss; bottomless; profound; fathomless; immeasurable.; Abysmal Specifically Pertaining to great depths in the ocean: thus, species of plants found only at great depths are called Abysmal species, and also abyssal (which see).
Abysmal, An, Abyss, At, Are, And, Also, Abyssal
16. Origin Mid 17th century (used literally as in Abysmal (sense 2)): from abysm
As, Abysmal, Abysm
17. Abysmal (sense 1) dates from the early 19th century.
18. Abysmal working conditions The food was Abysmal
19. The standard of the students ' work is Abysmal.
20. Definition of Abysmal in the Definitions.net dictionary
21. What does Abysmal mean? Information and translations of Abysmal in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
22. If you describe a situation or the condition of something as Abysmal, you think that it is very bad or poor in quality.our Abysmal record at producing a scientifically trained workforce
As, Abysmal, At
23. The general standard of racing was Abysmal
24. Abysmal an inexplicable level of immaturity and lack of class; leads to irrevocable decisions that are regretted for years
Abysmal, An, And, Are
25. It is an Abysmal shame to not take a chance on the greatest thing ever
26. Extremely bad or of a very low standard synonym terrible His manners are Abysmal
27. The council has an Abysmal record on education.
28. Examples of Abysmal in a sentence Since Troy did not study for the test, he earned an Abysmal score on the exam
29. 🔊 The movie’s plot was so Abysmal the critic left the theater after five minutes
30. 🔊 Because Cathy has no artistic skill whatsoever, her sculpture is Abysmal
31. IN Pakistan the state of education is very Abysmal
32. Poor state of education But Lenny, who also appeared to have stern words with Celtic No.2 Chris Davies, insists their hopes weren't helped by an " Abysmal " referee.
Also, Appeared, An, Abysmal
33. Abysmal definition, of or like an abyss; immeasurably deep or great
Abysmal, An, Abyss
34. The Abysmal record of overruns, low-balled estimated costs, highballed ridership estimates and incompetence is their legacy
35. Robben curled an effort against the foot of the post from the edge of the box after being gifted the ball by an Abysmal clearance from keeper Stephan Andersen.
An, Against, After, Abysmal, Andersen
36. Abysmal is the seventh studio album by American death metal band The Black Dahlia Murder.It was released on September 18, 2015 through Metal Blade Records
Abysmal, Album, American
37. Definition of Abysmal written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
Abysmal, Audio, And
38. Definition of Abysmal adjective in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
Abysmal, Adjective, Advanced, American
39. If you describe a situation or the condition of something as Abysmal, you think that it is very bad or poor in quality
40. The general standard of racing was Abysmal
41. Synonyms: dreadful, bad, terrible [informal], awful More Synonyms of Abysmal
42. Staring long enough into the eye of the Abysmal Remnant, embedded in this sword, fills the mind with bizarre images
43. Relating to the great depths of the oceans Not to be confused with: Abysmal – immeasurably deep or extreme, fathomless: an Abysmal misunderstanding Abused,
Abysmal, An, Abused
44. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Abysmal a‧bys‧mal / əˈbɪzm ə l / adjective BAD very bad or of bad quality SYN terrible The reunion was an Abysmal failure
Abysmal, Adjective, An
45. See thesaurus at bad — Abysmally adverb Examples from the Corpus Abysmal • Living conditions were Abysmal
At, Abysmally, Adverb, Abysmal
46. • And, besides, everyone knows second terms are Abysmal.
And, Are, Abysmal
47. See 3 authoritative translations of Abysmal in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
Abysmal, And, Audio,
48. Abysmal Lyrics: When the flames fade only dark will remain / Somber cascade of decay / Abysmal blackness, Cimmerian shade / Of seemingly perpetual despondency / Forever black / We must learn to
49. Abysmal by THRON, released 05 October 2018 1
50. Context sentences for "Abysmal" in Polish These sentences come from external sources and may not be accurate
Abysmal, And, Accurate
51. English But in the third great arena of life, love, Len is an Abysmal failure.
Arena, An, Abysmal
52. Abysmal were a Norwegian black metal band who released the promising 'Pillorian Age' album in 1994
Abysmal, Age, Album
53. A University of Regina professor says the state of math education in schools can be traced to what he calls the "Abysmal" training of university students studying to become teachers.CBC Top Stories News
54. Acker, Ripple-Carpenter and the former sheepherder are working to bring attention to what they call Abysmal treatment of the sheepherders.
Acker, And, Are, Attention, Abysmal
55. Abysmal adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (relating to an abyss) (letteralmente) abissale agg aggettivo: Descrive o specifica un sostantivo: "Una persona fidata" - "Con un cacciavite piccolo" - "Questioni controverse" There is an Abysmal pit situated in the middle of
Abysmal, Adj, Adjective, An, Abyss, Abissale, Agg, Aggettivo
56. Abysmal adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." informal (extremely bad) ( très mauvais ) épouvantable, effroyable adj adjectif : modifie un nom
Abysmal, Adj, Adjective, An, Adjectif
57. Abysmal by THRON, released 05 October 2018 Second THRON album
58. Abysmal is certainly not that! This for me is a band who go from strength to strength and really should be bigger than what they are
Abysmal, And, Are
59. Given its title, any fan of Michigan's melodic death metal unit Black Dahlia Murder would think Abysmal was a logical extension of the dark, evil majesty of 2013's Everblack.Expectations be damned
60. Abysmal is the most intensely bright album BDM have cut in their ten-year stint at Metal Blade
Abysmal, Album, At
61. - The Oculus : The Abysmal Sanctum is a mazelike boss-rush dungeon where battles with powerful bosses occur in quick succession
62. "The Oculus : The Abysmal Sanctum" will …
63. You searched for: Abysmal! Discover the unique items that Abysmal creates
64. By supporting Abysmal, you’re supporting a small business, and, in turn, Etsy!
65. Definition of Abysmal failure in the Idioms Dictionary
66. What does Abysmal failure expression mean? Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary.