abutment (noun) · abutments (plural noun)
See also: Abutment
1. Definition of Abutment 1 : the place at which one thing borders on or abuts another Once it chanced that I stood in the very Abutment of a rainbow's arch, which filled the lower stratum of the atmosphere, …
2. Abutment A term of art referring to the teeth on either side of a missing tooth or teeth, which are used to anchor a fixed or removable dental prosthesis or bridge
3. An Abutment is a metal connector that your dental professional will place into your dental implant after you've healed from your surgery
4. The Abutment screws into the implant and securely holds your crown (your fake tooth) in place.
5. A dental Abutment is usually custom-made to fit a patient's mouth
6. The dental Abutment is also called an implant Abutment or a prosthetic Abutment. By definition, it is a metal piece that connects to the implant via an Abutment screw
7. So, the Abutment is the piece that connects the implant to the final outer crown.
8. Abutments are connecting pieces that join the prosthesis to the implants. You may need an Abutment and a prosthesis as part of your treatment.
9. LOCATOR BioHorizons Tapered Plus Internal Hex Abutment
10. LOCATOR Nobel Biocare Parallel Conical Abutment
11. LOCATOR Dentium USA Implantium Abutment
12. LOCATOR AB Dental Screw-Vent Abutment.
13. Brick or stone masonry, mass concrete or reinforced concrete may be used in the construction of Abutments. The types of Abutments usually adopted in highway bridges are shown in Fig
14. In open raft foundation, masonry or mass concrete Abutments are commonly used ds they provide the dead weight for the stability of such structure.
15. Abutment generally involves the less severe former variety of disc herniation
16. This essay details Abutment of the spinal cord by an abnormal intervertebral pathology
17. Abutment type is situated on columns or stems that extend upward from the natural ground
18. It is essentially a pier being used as an Abutment
19. It is very difficult to properly compact the embankment materials that must be placed around the columns and under the Abutment cap
20. An Abutment is placed to permit fabrication of a dental prosthesis
21. This procedure may include the removal of a temporary healing cap or replacement with an Abutment of an alternate design
22. Choose from our portfolio of Abutments for dental implants on Nobel Biocare's online store
23. An Abutment is the substructure at the ends of a bridge span or dam supporting its superstructure. Single-span bridges have Abutments at each end which provide vertical and lateral support for the span, as well as acting as retaining walls to resist lateral movement of the earthen fill of the bridge approach.
24. What does Abutment mean? The act or process of abutting
25. In dentistry, an Abutment is a connecting element.
26. As a component of a bridge, the Abutment provides the vertical support to the bridge superstructure at the bridge ends, connects the bridge with the approach roadway, and retains the roadway base materials from the bridge spans.
27. Uncontrolled drainage from the approach may wash around Abutment wings and underneath stub Abutments, leaving the foundations exposed
28. Improving drainage at approach will help mitigate this (Figure 5.63).Another option is to excavate the fill and install a drainage system adjacent to the Abutment
29. Implant Direct™ Dentistry InterActive SimplyCrown & Bridge Abutment (3.7mmD Width x 3.0mmD Platform x 2mmL Collar Height) - 1 / Per Box SKU:6530-22N US$132.59
30. What Is Abutment? A bridge Abutment is a substructure that supports one terminus of the superstructure of a bridge and, at the same time, laterally supports the embankment which serves as an approach to the bridge
31. For a river bridge, the Abutment also protects the embankment from scouring of …
32. An Abutment; A crown; Step One – Place the Implant
33. Once the implant is healed, an impression is taken so that the Abutment and crown can be made
34. Step Two – Digital Abutment Design
35. Locator® Abutment Brånemark System RP 0.73 mm Article number: REF08681
36. Locator® Abutment Brånemark System RP 2.0 mm Article number: REF08682
37. Locator® Abutment Brånemark System RP 3.0 mm Article number: REF08683
38. The Abutment extends up to the bank of the main channel (L â Bf)
39. This layout is typical for wing-wall Abutments, especially for channels having a narrow, or no, floodplain
40. Wing-wall Abutments are common for bridges over small streams; and, 3
41. The Abutment is located in a rectangular channel, and no floodplain is present.
42. The typical gravity Abutment is the most common type of Abutment, and it includes the bridge seat, backwall, footing, and wing walls to hold the bridge's deck while including a …
43. How to place Abutments on dental implantsThis is part of the Open.Michigan collection at: http://open.umich.edu/education
44. After an implant goes into the bone, a post, or Abutment, needs to be attached to the titanium implant.The Abutment is what will hold the new crown or false tooth and it's often added with the implant, but sometimes it's during a second, minor surgery when the gums are opened
45. Abutment A term of art referring to the teeth on either side of a missing tooth or teeth, which are used to anchor a fixed or removable dental prosthesis or bridge.
46. An integral Abutment eliminates the expansion joint in the bridge deck, which reduces both the initial construction costs and subsequent maintenance costs
47. Integral Abutments shall be used for a new structure in accordance with the geometric limitations provided in Figure 409-2A.
48. An “Abutment,” then, is a connective element
49. For example, in the world of engineering, an Abutment is the portion of a structure built below ground to support the weight of the structure above it
50. So, in the case of a home, the basement functions as an Abutment (or, “substructure”) to …
51. The LOCATOR Implant Abutment System is arguably the World’s most popular implant attachment system
52. Specifically designed for full-arch or partial overdentures, the LOCATOR Abutment system pivots and self-aligns to assure proper insertion, removal, and retention during function.
53. A great implant Abutment solution is a must for any implant case
54. Sterngold provides easy to use selection guides for your convenience when it comes choosing the perfect one! We offer ERA®, ORA, Stern SNAP® & SNAP® Angled overdenture implant Abutment solutions that are compatible will ALL popular implant types on the market and are USA
55. Typical Abutment Details for Steel Beam and Girder Bridges: Rev
56. 4/20/2001: A50: A-1-69: 2 of 5: Typical Abutment Details for Steel Beam and Girder Bridges: Rev
57. 4/20/2001: A51: A-1-69: 3 of 5: Typical Abutment Details for Steel Beam and Girder Bridges: Rev
58. 4/20/2001: A52: A-1-69: 4 of 5: Typical Abutment Details for Steel Beam and Girder
59. The SmartFit Abutment from Hiossen® Implant is a customized Abutment designed with CAD/CAM technology
60. Simply send your specifications to Hiossen and we’ll send you a Smart Fit Abutment perfectly suited to your patient’s needs.
61. The Abutment seat is the most vulnerable part of the Abutment, especially on bridges with leaking expansion joints
62. The Abutment seat is the flat part of the Abutment upon which the bearing devices rest
63. The Abutment seat tends to collect moisture and debris which, if allowed to build up, will cause deterioration of the concrete and threaten
64. Abutment 1 shall be shown as looking back station
65. When possible, the Abutment TYPICAL SECTION shall be placed to the right of the Abutment PLAN and ELEVATION
66. Dam Abutment and arch support rock stability of high arch dams is the key to the whole engineering seismic safety and the main bases of evaluation
67. Aseismic stability analysis behaviors of arch dam Abutment are as follows: 1
68. Bility of selecting the Abutment with the aid of the Planning Set with the resulting flexibility is one of the factors in the success of the synOcta® prosthetic system
69. Represents one of the most secure implant-Abutment connections in …
70. Abutment, bents, and piers shall be investigated for excessive vertical and lateral displacement, and overall stability, at the service-limit state
71. Cause an opening of the expansion joint between the Abutment and wingwall, or it may cause cracking or tipping of the Abutment, pier, or wall
72. Abutment when two lanes are placed at the outside edges of the structure, two lanes will govern on Abutments up to 80’ wide
73. For dead loads only the pile cap section of the Abutment shall be considered effective and for live loads the full Abutment (both pile cap and end diaphragm) may be considered effective
74. Synonyms for Abutment in Free Thesaurus
75. 2 words related to Abutment: point, support
76. What are synonyms for Abutment?
77. Show Abutment, footing, pile spacing, bearing pad, and wingwall dimensions along the same layout lines used on the FOUNDATION PLAN (Note: Show the centerline o f the ab utment bearing for seat Abutments and the centerline of the Abutment for diaphragm Abutments)
78. The Abutment is placed directly on the implant body then the separate crown is placed on the Abutment
79. This crown is often bonded or cemented onto the Abutment
80. In this case, report the Abutment separately using the appropriate code of D6056 for the prefabricated Abutment or D6057 for a custom Abutment.
81. ‘It has been inserted into the stone Abutment of a railway bridge which, long demolished, once spanned the river Serein.’ ‘Various foundation types have been adopted to …
Definition of abutment. 1 : the place at which abutting occurs. 2a : the part of a structure (such as an arch or a bridge) that directly receives thrust or pressure.
Generally Pier is the types of column which are construct between the two abutments in the bridge which support the load of super structure of the bridge. Piers are transfer the load of the slab beam and vehicles to foundation. The function of a pier is to transmit the load from the bridge to the underneath sub-soil.
The abutment is what will hold the new crown or false tooth and it's often added with the implant, but sometimes it's during a second, minor surgery when the gums are opened again, and the abutment is fastened to the implant.
Definition of abut. transitive verb. 1 : to border on : to touch along an edge Their property abuts our land. 2 : to cause to touch or lean for support abut a timber against a post.