1. Abstinence definition is - the practice of abstaining from something : the practice of not doing or having something that is wanted or enjoyable
2. How to use Abstinence in a sentence.
3. Noun forbearance from any indulgence of appetite, especially from the use of alcoholic beverages: total Abstinence
4. Abstinence implies the willful avoidance of pleasures, especially of food and drink, thought to be harmful or self-indulgent: "I vainly reminded him of his protracted Abstinence from food" (Emily Brontë).
5. In its simplest form, Abstinence is the decision not to have sexual intercourse
6. Some people might view Abstinence …
7. Abstinence is a 100% foolproof birth-control method It’s true that Abstinence, when practiced for sexual activity that involves penetration, is the only form of birth control that has a 100%
8. Abstinence (AB-stih-nints) is the simplest form of birth control
9. The definition of Abstinence is when you don’t have sex
10. Sexual Abstinence and outercourse can mean different things to different people
11. Abstinence simply means not having sex, and refraining from sexual intercourse
12. For most people, Abstinence is the absence of sexual contact altogether
13. Abstinence Something people like me do for reasons not always religious
14. I'm abstinent because I don't wanna be that girl who got pregnant when she was 15 and now has a McJob. Abstinence is not always for religious reasons.
15. Abstinence is a term used in the addictions field to describe the process of abstaining—meaning avoiding, or not engaging in—certain potentially addictive substances or behaviors
16. Abstinence allows George to become a genius, but it turns Elaine into an idiot
17. Abstinence and outercourse are safe, effective, and free ways to prevent pregnancy
18. Abstinence and outercourse have lots of benefits
19. Both Abstinence and outercourse are simple, free, and work really well to prevent pregnancy.
20. Obligatory days of fast and Abstinence: Abstinence is obligatory on all Fridays, except on Solemnities (i.e., I Class Feasts)
21. Fasting and Abstinence are obligatory on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday
22. Abs'-ti-nens: Abstinence as a form of asceticism reaches back into remote antiquity, and is found among most ancient peoples
23. Abstinence is when you do not engage in any sort of sexual activity at any time (ie
24. This take on sex education is known among educators as the "Abstinence-only approach," in which totally refraining from sex outside of marriage (including masturbation) is generally the only option
25. A psychologist can help talk you through the various treatment options in terms of both Abstinence vs
26. Abstinence is also called “continence” and is the often-temporary strict avoidance of all forms of sexual activity for any reason
27. Chastity, from the Latin word castitas, meaning “purity,” embraces Abstinence as a praiseworthy virtue according to the prevailing social standards of morality.
28. Sexual Abstinence refers to a situation in which a person, voluntarily or involuntarily, does not have sex for some time
29. As the pros and cons of it are being discussed a lot, let us look at the effects of sexual Abstinence on men and women
30. Sexual Abstinence is a complex and a debatable issue.
31. Infant-mortality rates are a reflection of numerous medical factors, including the mother's prenatal care and Abstinence from drugs and cigarettes
32. Their programs send the message that Abstinence is the …
33. Abstinence is the most traditional form of addiction treatment
34. An Abstinence-based approach means that clients must completely abstain from drugs and alcohol
35. Sexual Abstinence or sexual restraint is the practice of refraining from some or all aspects of sexual activity for medical, psychological, legal, social, financial, philosophical, moral, or religious reasons
36. Asexuality is distinct from sexual Abstinence, and celibacy is sexual Abstinence generally motivated by factors such as an individual's personal or religious beliefs.
37. Find 27 ways to say Abstinence, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
38. Abstinence from recreational intoxicants or legal and illegal substances of abuse is another form of restraint placed on self
39. Abstinence Psychology Self-denial; voluntarily refraining from indulgences (e.g., eating, drinking inebriants, sexual activity); doing without substances or activities on which the subject is physically or psychologically dependent.
40. Abstinence is widely used in discussions about sex education, in debates about the role of public health in adolescent sexuality, and in research about sexually transmitted infections and unplanned pregnancy (Ott & Santelli, 2007).Abstinence is defined here as refraining from oral, vaginal, and anal partnered sexual behaviors, although no single definition perfectly captures the range of
41. Abstinence is the process of transformation of sexuality
42. There are two types of Abstinence:
43. 9 synonyms of Abstinence from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 16 related words, definitions, and antonyms
44. Find another word for Abstinence
45. Abstinence: voluntary restraint in the satisfaction of one's appetites
46. “Abstinence is the action of refraining from compulsive eating and compulsive food behaviors while working towards or maintaining a healthy body weight
47. Well, I think that Abstinence has its place as part of a comprehensive health and sex education curriculum
48. It would be wrong to exclude Abstinence from a health curriculum, because there are some potentially very serious ramifications for early sexual activity
49. Abstinence means choosing not to have sex
50. Abstinence means that you’re not having any type of sexual contact
51. Abstinence is the best protection against STIs and pregnancy
52. Demanding Abstinence too soon may just end up driving away a patient who is at the brink of dealing with addiction more directly
53. Abstinence definition: Abstinence is the practice of abstaining from something such as alcoholic drink or sex , Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
54. What is Abstinence and Recovery? Abstinence is not same as recovery as many people think
55. When alcoholic practices are stopped to heal the physical body, then it is Abstinence
56. Abstinence from meat, or from some other food as determined by the Episcopal Conference, is to be observed on all Fridays, unless a solemnity should fall on a Friday
57. Abstinence and fasting are to be observed on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday
58. The law of Abstinence binds those who have completed their fourteenth year.
59. Some people define Abstinence as not having vaginal intercourse when a woman might get pregnant
60. This is better described as period Abstinence, which is one of the fertility awareness-based methods of birth control
61. And some people define Abstinence as not having any kind of sex play with a partner
62. What does Abstinence mean? The definition of Abstinence is choosing not to engage in a certain behavior, or not giving in to a desire or appetite
63. Abstinence prevents pregnancy by keeping sperm out of the vagina
64. How effective is Abstinence? Continuous Abstinence is the only birth control method that is …
65. Sexual Abstinence is an effective mode of birth control, but is one that requires mutual buy-in from both partners
66. Keep in mind that unless you are engaging in complete sexual Abstinence, it is still possible to contract STDs through outercourse.