1. Abstemiously synonyms, Abstemiously pronunciation, Abstemiously translation, English dictionary definition of Abstemiously
2. / æbˈstiː.mi.əs.li / avoiding things that give pleasure but may be bad for you, for example eating too much or drinking alcohol: Smith celebrated Abstemiously with two of his closest friends
Avoiding, Alcohol, Abstemiously
3. Abstemiously meaning Marked by abstinence or restraint, especially in relation to food or drink
4. [First attested in the early 18 th century.] He lived Abstemiously for his entire life, eschewing pleasure for …
5. And I’d order Abstemiously — an appetizer or lemon soup or a lamb chop, a salad and perhaps a dessert
And, Abstemiously, An, Appetizer
6. Definition of Abstemiously in the Definitions.net dictionary
7. What does Abstemiously mean? Information and translations of Abstemiously in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
8. Synonyms for Abstemiously include soberly, abstinently, teetotally, temperately, frugally, ascetically, continently, austerely, economically and sparingly
Abstemiously, Abstinently, Ascetically, Austerely, And
9. Above are the results of unscrambling Abstemiously
Above, Are, Abstemiously
10. We found a total of 1385 words by unscrambling the letters in Abstemiously.
11. Translation for 'Abstemiously' in the free English-French dictionary and many other French translations.
12. Abstemiously (comparative more Abstemiously, superlative most Abstemiously) Marked by abstinence or restraint, especially in relation to food or drink
13. [First attested in the early 18th century.] He lived Abstemiously for his entire life, eschewing pleasure for purity.
14. ‘Sims Abstemiously declined anything alcoholic but before she knew it ‘three Martinis were whizzing around my bloodstream’.’ More example sentences ‘We'd ordered a bottle of Tiefenbrunner Pinot Grigio 2001 for €21 from a range of interesting and well priced new and old world wines, which we managed to sip Abstemiously for the entire
Abstemiously, Anything, Alcoholic, Around, And
15. Stimulants and narcotics never act so quickly upon persons accustomed to use spirits freely as upon those who live Abstemiously.
And, Act, Accustomed, As, Abstemiously
16. Abstemiously is a 12 letter word, used as a adverb, and has the letters abeilmosstuy (abeilmostuy)
Abstemiously, As, Adverb, And, Abeilmosstuy, Abeilmostuy
17. Dictionary entry overview: What does Abstemiously mean? • Abstemiously (adverb) The adverb Abstemiously has 1 sense:
18. In a sparing manner; without overindulgence Familiarity information: Abstemiously used as an adverb is very rare.
Abstemiously, As, An, Adverb
19. Abstemiously Meaning in Urdu is پرہیز گارانہ - Parhaiz Garanah Urdu Meaning
20. The most accurate translation of Abstemiously, Parhaiz Garanah in English to Urdu dictionary with Definition Synonyms and Antonyms words.
Accurate, Abstemiously, And, Antonyms
21. Life and the joy of life romped through her blood, Abstemiously filling out and rounding off each shapely muscle and soft curve
22. In a 2002 interview in Britain's Guardian with one of bin Laden's wives in Afghanistan, identified only as "AS," she revealed that in the late 1990s he had lived Abstemiously, eating bread, yogurt, honey and dates but rarely meat.
Afghanistan, As, Abstemiously, And
23. Abstemiously In a sparing manner; without overindulgence; "he ate and drank Abstemiously"; "indulged temperately in cocktails"
Abstemiously, Ate, And
24. Antonyms for Abstemiously include cheerfully, drunkenly, excitedly, hilariously, greedily, intemperately, gluttonously, incontinently, edaciously and hungrily
Antonyms, Abstemiously, And
25. Abstemiously - find the meaning, anagrams and hook words with Abstemiously and much more
Abstemiously, Anagrams, And
26. The word Abstemiously uses 12 letters: a, b, e, i, l, m, o, s, s, t, u, y
27. Abstemiously is playable in: Words With Friends 22
28. Synonyms for Abstemiously in Free Thesaurus
29. 1 synonym for Abstemiously: temperately
30. What are synonyms for Abstemiously?
31. Translation for: 'Abstemiously' in English->Czech dictionary
32. Definition of Abstemiously is በልክ በልቶና ጠጥቶ፣ መብላቱንና መጠጡን ሳያበዛ
33. Translation of Abstemiously in Amharic
34. Abstemiously 19 is a valid Scrabble Word in NWL, formerly TWL (USA, Thailand, Canada) Abstemiously 19 is a valid Scrabble Word in CSW, formerly SOWPODS (Other Countries) Abstemiously 22 is a valid word in WWF
35. Definitions for the word, Abstemiously
36. How this page explains Abstemiously ?
37. Words created with Abstemiously, words starting with Abstemiously, words start Abstemiously
38. We found 17 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word Abstemiously: Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "Abstemiously" is defined
39. General (16 matching dictionaries) Abstemiously: Merriam-Webster.com [home, info]
40. We've got 0 rhyming words for Abstemiously » What rhymes with Abstemiously? This page is about the various possible words that rhymes or sounds like Abstemiously.Use it for writing poetry, composing lyrics for your song or coming up with rap verses.
41. Abstemiously Total Number of words made out of Abstemiously = 1335 Abstemiously is an acceptable word in Scrabble with 19 points.Abstemiously is an accepted word in Word with Friends having 22 points
Abstemiously, An, Acceptable, Accepted
42. Abstemiously is a 12 letter long Word starting with A and ending with Y
43. 10 letter Words made out of Abstemiously
44. The Urdu Word پرہیز گارانہ Meaning in English is Abstemiously
45. The synonyms of Abstemiously include are Teetotally
46. I'm staying clear of the sauce at tonight's party, said Tom, Abstemiously
Marked by abstinence or restraint, especially in relation to food or drink. [First attested in the early 18 th century.] He lived abstemiously for his entire life, eschewing pleasure for purity. English Wiktionary. Available under CC-BY-SA license. "Abstemiously." YourDictionary. LoveToKnow. www.yourdictionary.com/abstemiously.
Abstemious and "abstain" look alike, and both have meanings involving self-restraint or self-denial. So they must both come from the same root, right? Yes and no. Both get their start from the Latin prefix abs-, meaning "from" or "away," but "abstain" traces to "abs-" plus the Latin verb tenēre (meaning "to hold"),...
Characterized by abstinence or moderation: an abstemious way of life. [From Latin abstēmius : abs-, ab-, away; see ab-1 + *tēmum, liquor, variant of tēmētum .] ab·ste′mi·ous·ness n. American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.