See also: Abruptly
1. Abruptly definition is - in an abrupt manner : in a sudden and unexpected way
2. How to use Abruptly in a sentence.
3. Abruptly definition, without warning; suddenly or unexpectedly: Not noticing that the car in front of him had stopped Abruptly, he rear-ended it
4. Suddenly, short, unexpectedly, all of a sudden, hastily, precipitately, all at once, hurriedly He stopped Abruptly and looked my way
5. 2 synonyms of Abruptly from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 29 related words, definitions, and antonyms
6. Abruptly: with great suddenness.
7. Abruptly adverb (suddenly) in a sudden, unexpected, and sometimes unpleasant way: He stood up Abruptly and went outside
8. The talks ended Abruptly when one of the delegations walked out in protest.
9. When something happens Abruptly, it is sudden and unexpected
10. Almost anything can change Abruptly, and it will always take you by surprise, whether it's the movement of a car, the mood of a movie, or the behavior of your dog
11. If you've ever had a conversation with someone who spoke to you Abruptly, …
12. Find 5 ways to say Abruptly, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
13. Abruptly meaning Abruptly is defined as happening quickly, suddenly or unexpectedly
14. An example of Abruptly used as an adverb is in the sentence, "He left the table Abruptly," which means that he suddenly left the table without warning.
15. Synonyms for Abruptly include short, suddenly, unexpectedly, hastily, hurriedly, precipitately, precipitously, unanticipatedly, unceremonially and unceremoniously
16. To put the matter Abruptly, the advertising industry is a crude attempt to extend the principle of automation to every aspect of society
17. The distal bronchial lumen often ends Abruptlybecause the smaller bronchi are plugged with mucus
18. Her mother screeched and sat up Abruptly, having the chair topple down onto the floor in a loud clank of noises.
19. Where the land slopes Abruptly under water, these reefs are only a few yards in width, forming a mere ribbon or fringe round the shores: where the land slopes gently under the water the reef extends further, sometimes even as much as a mile from the land; but in such cases the soundings outside the reef always show that the submarine prolongation of the land is gently inclined.
20. Definition of Abruptly in the Definitions.net dictionary
21. What does Abruptly mean? Information and translations of Abruptly in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
22. ‘These terminate Abruptly to the northeast at a fault that offsets the thrust.’ ‘Coarse alluvial-fan sediments change Abruptly basinward into lacustrine sediments.’ ‘The Codling Fault terminates Abruptly against the Palaeozoic Welsh Massif.’ ‘Some grooves deepen and terminate fairly Abruptly.’
23. ‘Abruptly he bounded away, ducking into his house without explanation.’ ‘Early on, a church building, previously depicted as the last safe place on earth, is Abruptly demolished.’ ‘Hip-hop beats are put up against classical music and pop songs, with any given tune cutting out Abruptly whenever a scene shifts.’
24. Abruptly adv adverb: Describes a verb, adjective, adverb, or clause--for example, "come quickly," "very rare," "happening now," "fall down." (brusquely) bruscamente avv avverbio: Descrive o specifica il significato di un verbo, di una frase, o di parti del discorso: "Sostammo brevemente" - …
25. Abruptly (comparative more Abruptly, superlative most Abruptly) In an abrupt manner; without giving notice, or without the usual forms; suddenly; precipitously
26. Examples of Abruptly in a sentence Without warning, my boss Abruptly fired me
27. 🔊 The football player’s contract was abruptly cancelled after his team learned about his drunk driving incident
28. 🔊 Before I could move my car out of the driveway, the tree fell abruptly and crushed the vehicle
29. Abruptly bored FR: I am sorry I left so Abruptly - grammaire his left eye jumps Abruptly to port I vanished Abruptly to wake someone Abruptly a future Abruptly foreclosed - English Only forum A verb to express the situation when a car Abruptly pulls off.
30. The Ateneo de Manila University (ADMU) has Abruptly cancelled all its classes and work at its Loyola Heights campus due to a bomb threat
31. Bomb threat cancels Ateneo classes Bloodletting was a key medical practice in 19th century Europe: it Abruptly stopped even though there was relatively little argument about its benefits or failures.
32. See 6 authoritative translations of Abruptly in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
33. How to say Abruptly in English? Pronunciation of Abruptly with 3 audio pronunciations, 19 synonyms, 15 translations, 5 sentences and more for Abruptly.
34. As adverbs the difference between Abruptly and suddenly is that Abruptly is in an abrupt manner; without giving notice, or without the usual forms; suddenly; precipitously while suddenly is happening quickly and with little or no warning; in a sudden manner.
35. Abruptly definition: quickly and without warning synonyms: dead, short, suddenly antonyms: alive, living, live, active
36. Find 5 ways to say Abruptly, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
37. Abruptly From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Abruptly a‧brupt‧ly / əˈbrʌptli / adverb 1 suddenly and unexpectedly She stopped Abruptly and looked at him
38. 2 in a way that seems rude and unfriendly He spoke Abruptly, as if he wanted to avoid the subject.
39. We found 5 answers for “Abruptly”
40. This page shows answers to the clue Abruptly, followed by 5 definitions like “(adv.) Precipitously”, “Surprisingly curt; brusque” and “Quickly and without warning”.Synonyms for Abruptly are for example all of a sudden, brief and briefly.More synonyms can be found below the puzzle answers.
41. When you Abruptly stop taking a prescription medication without telling your doctor it’s called medication non-adherence, and it is estimated to result in increased hospitalizations and
42. Definition and synonyms of Abruptly from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
43. This is the British English definition of Abruptly.View American English definition of Abruptly.
44. How many syllables in Abruptly? 7 9 3 5 4 8 6 1 2 syllables
45. Divide Abruptly into syllables: ab-rupt-ly Stressed syllable in Abruptly: ab-rupt-ly How to say Abruptly: How to pronounce Abruptly
46. Wondering why Abruptly is 7 9 3 5 4 8 6 1 2 syllables? Contact Us! We'll explain.
47. Her next remark Abruptly terminated the conversation
48. She left the room Abruptly without explanation
49. Abruptly the group ahead of us came to a standstill
50. 1 day ago · “A complete stranger Abruptly took the life of our dear loved one
51. Definition of Abruptly adverb in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
52. What are the dangers of stopping spironolactone Abruptly? Asked 7 Jun 2020 by lhulll Updated 24 June 2020 Topics acne, spironolactone, side effect
53. Days before Volkswagen AG held an event to announce a major ramp-up in its electric vehicle production, the German car maker Abruptly told its South Korean battery suppliers their current
54. Jeanine Pirro Abruptly Ends Segment After Guest Says Biden Is 'Making America Great Again' Jeremy Fuster 1 day ago
55. Surprisingly curt; brusque: an Abruptly answer made in anger
56. Touching on one subject after another with sudden transitions: Abruptly prose
57. He would Abruptly commence to hold forth about the Epanchins, about Lebedeff, or the prince, and equally Abruptly would stop short and refuse to speak another word, answering all further questions with a stupid smile, unconscious that he was smiling, or that he had been asked a question.
58. Another word for Abruptly: suddenly, short, unexpectedly, all of a sudden, hastily Collins English Thesaurus
59. The Dangers of Abruptly Stopping Antidepressants Medically reviewed by Timothy J
60. Trump has Abruptly parted ways with five lawyers handling his impeachment defense, just over a week before the Senate trial is …
61. Translation for 'Abruptly' in the free English-German dictionary and many other German translations.
62. The problem with stopping your medication (Abruptly or otherwise) has to do with how thyroid hormone impacts your body
63. LaBrent Chrite Abruptly resigned as president of Bethune-Cookman University on Tuesday morning, surprising the school's board of trustees
64. 2 days ago · Tennessee Star: Amid rumors of a video that shows a student being targeted during a diversity lesson at Boise State University, administrators have Abruptly suspended all of the school’s general education classes called, “University Foundations 200: Foundations of Ethics and Diversity.” “We have been made aware of a series of concerns, culminating in allegations that
Sudden and abrupt are actually interchangeable because their meanings are the same. They are actually synonyms of each other but "abrupt" sounds more dynamic than "sudden".
The definition of abrupt is when something suddenly happens or changes suddenly, with no advance warning. An example of abrupt is a driver quickly making a left turn without putting his turn signal on first.
Abruptly in a sentence. (1) Her next remark abruptly terminated the conversation. (2) She left the room abruptly without explanation. (3) The path ends off abruptly. (4) Abruptly the group ahead of us came to a standstill. (5) He should not brake the car abruptly on an icy road. (6) What she did was very unprofessional.
Definition of abrupt. 1a : characterized by or involving action or change without preparation or warning : sudden and unexpected came to an abrupt stop an abrupt turn an abrupt decision to retire.