1. Abrupt: [adjective] characterized by or involving action or change without preparation or warning : sudden and unexpected
2. Abrupt synonyms, Abrupt pronunciation, Abrupt translation, English dictionary definition of Abrupt
3. Unexpectedly sudden: an Abrupt change in the weather
4. Surprisingly curt; brusque: an Abrupt answer made in anger
5. Abrupt definition, sudden or unexpected: an Abrupt departure
6. 19 synonyms of Abrupt from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 67 related words, definitions, and antonyms
7. Abrupt: being or characterized by direct, brief, and potentially rude speech or manner.
8. Find 49 ways to say Abrupt, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
9. Abrupt (adj.) 1580s, "sudden, unceremonious, without notice," a figurative use from Latin Abruptus "broken off," also "precipitous, steep" (as a cliff), also "disconnected," past participle of abrumpere "break off," from ab "off, away from" (see ab-) + rumpere "to break," from a nasalized form of the PIE root *runp-"to snatch" (see corrupt (adj.))
10. The Crossword Solver found 103 answers to the Abrupt crossword clue
11. Abrupt 'Abrupt' is a 6 letter word starting with A and ending with T Crossword clues for 'Abrupt' Clue Answer; Sudden and unexpected (6) Abrupt: Short in manner (6) Sudden, unexpected (6) Unceremonious (6) Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Abrupt
12. We found 14 answers for “Abrupt”
13. This page shows answers to the clue Abrupt, followed by ten definitions like “Exceedingly sudden and unexpected”, “Changing suddenly rather than gradually” and “Ending suddenly; jerky and disconnected”.Synonyms for Abrupt are for example brief, brisk and brusque.More synonyms can be found below the puzzle answers.
14. Synonyms for Abrupt in Free Thesaurus
15. 71 synonyms for Abrupt: sudden, unexpected, hurried, rapid, surprising, quick, swift, rash, precipitate
16. Abrupt adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (act, event: sudden) improvviso agg aggettivo: Descrive o specifica un sostantivo: "Una persona fidata" - "Con un cacciavite piccolo" - "Questioni controverse"
17. An Abrupt decision is one you make suddenly
18. An Abrupt halt is one the Road Runner comes to when reaching an Abrupt drop-off — you'd hear brakes squealing.
19. Examples of Abrupt in a sentence
20. The bus came to an Abrupt halt outside the school
21. 🔊 Our conversation came to an Abrupt end when George burst into the room
22. 🔊 The accident brought his career to an Abrupt …
23. Definition of Abrupt in the Definitions.net dictionary
24. What does Abrupt mean? Information and translations of Abrupt in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
25. Definition of Abrupt written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
26. What does Abrupt mean? The definition of Abrupt is when something suddenly happens or changes suddenly, with no advance warning
27. An Abrupt reversal caught the markets off-guard, requiring an immediate liquidation of leveraged long positions
28. Skylar narrowed his eyes in annoyance at the other teen's Abrupt behaviour
29. What's really going on here is more than annoyances over a missed transfer or frazzled nerves over an Abrupt stop during rush hour.
30. Abrupt - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
31. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Abrupt adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (act, event: sudden) brusco/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa grande", "mujer alta").
32. How many syllables in Abrupt? 4 2 3 5 1 6 8 7 9 syllables
33. Divide Abrupt into syllables: ab-rupt Stressed syllable in Abrupt: ab-rupt How to pronounce Abrupt: uh-bruhpt How to say Abrupt: How to pronounce Abrupt
34. Wondering why Abrupt is 4 2 3 5 1 6 8 7 9 syllables? Contact Us! We'll explain.
35. An Abrupt change or action is very sudden, often in a way which is unpleasant
36. Rosie's idyllic world came to an Abrupt end when her parents' marriage broke up + Abruptly ab·rupt·ly He stopped Abruptly and looked my way
37. = suddenly İlgili Terimler Abrupt departure sudden departure, sudden leave Abrupt …
38. Abrupt but smaller than expected changes in surface air quality attributable to COVID-19 lockdowns
39. ‘The sudden, Abrupt death from a heart attack of the 14-year-old from Strensall shattered all those who knew and loved him.’ ‘It was not a gradual shift but rather a sudden and Abrupt change.’ ‘The Abrupt change in subject startles them both.’ ‘Charlie blinked, surprised at the Abrupt change of subject.’
40. Abrupt with somebody She was very Abrupt with me in our meeting
41. Topics Personal qualities c2 Word Origin late 16th cent.: from Latin Abruptus ‘broken off, steep’, past participle of abrumpere , from ab- ‘away, from’ + rumpere ‘break’.
42. What is the opposite of Abrupt? Antonyms for Abrupt (opposite of Abrupt)
43. Abrupt climate change is climate change that occurs relatively rapidly
44. Our understanding of past Abrupt climate changes and their causes is still in its infancy; most of the research on this topic has occurred since the early 1990s
45. Scientists have made significant progress, however, in identifying and describing various Abrupt events of the
46. The Abrupt sound of the shower shutting off told him Jana was finished
47. Kurt said quietly, I’m sorry if I was Abrupt, but you hit a nerve
48. The Abrupt scream unnerved his wife and caused her whole body to shiver
49. Late in his last lap, there was an Abrupt slicing sensation in his ankle.
50. Nouns for Abrupt include Abrupt, Abruptness, Abruptnesses and Abrupts
51. Oceans were stressed preceding Abrupt, prehistoric global warming: Shelled organisms helped buffer ocean acidification by consuming less …
52. Abrupt definition: An Abrupt change or action is very sudden, often in a way which is unpleasant
53. In c, Abrupt exposure events are defined when any single group of organisms (for example, amphibians or corals) within an assemblage experiences the …
54. Find 49 ways to say Abrupt, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
55. Another word for Abrupt: sudden, unexpected, hurried, rapid, surprising Collins English Thesaurus
56. This is raising concerns that the climate could respond in Abrupt and unexpected ways, shifting temperature or precipitation patterns in ways that may make it difficult for human society to adapt
57. February 28, 2020 Study reveals Missoula Floods impact on past Abrupt …
58. • Nothing could be more Abrupt than the transition from childhood to school
59. • It was the Abrupt way he pulled up running out a ball in Game 2 that alerted everyone there was a problem
60. Abrupt change • He is used to Abrupt changes
61. • There are no Abrupt changes.! • The Abrupt …
62. Abrupt by Kathy Coopmans is a powerful rollercoaster of emotions ride that you don't want to stop nor do you want to get off!! Lane and Sienna's story will leave you completely breathless due to all the twists and turns and larger than life characters
63. A new study in Nature (April 2020) casts a disturbing light on the prospects of Abrupt ecosystem collapse
64. Et al, The Projected Timing of Abrupt Ecological Disruption From Climate Change, Nature, April 8, 2020) The paper states that a high …
65. Our findings reveal an Abrupt transition, between 2 and 3 years of age in humans.
66. Newsom’s Abrupt shift on stay-home order angers legislators across aisle Visitors wear masks on Jan
67. Microscopic fossilized shells are helping geologists reconstruct Earth's climate during the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum (PETM), a period of Abrupt global warming and ocean acidification that
68. Abrupt withdrawal of adrenergic blockers in a hypertensive subject may result in acute hypertensive crisis
69. In a patient with hypertensive crisis following Abrupt cessation of clonidine hydrochloride …
70. An Abrupt Climate Change Scenario and Its Implications for United States National Security October 2003 By Peter Schwartz and Doug Randall Imagining the Unthinkable The purpose of this report is to imagine the unthinkable – to push the boundaries of current research on climate change so we may better understand the potential implications on
71. President-elect Joe Biden’s transition team expressed concern Friday about what it described as an “Abrupt halt” in cooperation with the Defense Department.