1. Above board COMMON If a situation or business is Above board, it is honest and legal
2. Anyone who wants to inspect our books can see for themselves that we are totally Above board. Note: You can use above-board …
3. / əˌbʌv ˈbɔːd / us / əˈbʌv bɔːrd / If a plan or business agreement is Above board, it is honest and not trying to deceive anyone: The deal was completely open and Above board.
4. The opposite, 'Above board' …
5. ABE (Above board Electronics, Inc.) is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of mechanical, electrical and electronic components and assemblies.
6. The Crossword Solver found 20 answers to the Above board (5) crossword clue
7. The Crossword Solver found 20 answers to the Above board crossword clue
8. Above board Drywall maintains the highest ratings and customer reviews in the Tidewater area for our drywall and Plastering repairs
9. Above board Drywall and More Inc
10. Above board, above-board and aboveboard are alternate versions of a compound word in transition
11. We will examine the definition of the terms Above board, above-board and aboveboard, where they came from and some examples of their use in sentences.
12. Be Above board To be legitimate, honest, and/or legal
13. I expected that big company to try to take advantage of us, but so far all of their dealings with us have been Above board
14. I think these documents are Above board, Tom—go ahead and process them
15. Above board adj, adv (aboveboard when prenominal) in the open; without dishonesty, concealment, or fraud Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
16. An arrangement or deal that is Above board is legal and is being carried out honestly and openly
17. All I knew about were Antony's own financial dealings, which were always Above board
18. Above board is a new cocktail bar in Melbourne, Australia.
19. If something is Above board then it is honest, fair, and not attempting to hide anything or cheat anyone
20. Most banks operate Above board, but it is still important to be careful when taking out a loan
21. If you say that everything is Above board then you are saying that everything is done in an honest, open way, and nothing is hidden.
22. Contact ABE (Above board Electronics) at the headquarters in San Jose, California, and other branches in Anaheim, CA, Dallas, TX, Raleigh, NC, and Hong Kong/PRC
23. Above board gets 100% of your funds, providing them with a cash injection right now
24. The app will be pre-loaded with your total gift card balance and you can start redeeming now or when Above board reopens
25. With Above board™, we invite you to learn more about the many ways that we can support and strengthen your board, your organization, and your impact
26. Synonyms for Above board include candidly, fairly, forthrightly, frankly, honestly, openly, overtly, unequivocally, lawfully and legally
27. Above board, Collingwood, Victoria, Australia
28. Perfect for Above board Martini or Manhattan
29. An arrangement or deal that is Above board is legal and is being carried out honestly and openly
30. All I knew about were Antony's own financial dealings, which were always Above board
31. However, to undertake this role the conduct of the media itself should be Above board
32. And it seemed to turn out quite respectable and Above board.' Mrs Meatyard considered
33. 'Or almost Above board.· (idiomatic) Honestly, reputably
34. Get directions, reviews and information for Seattle Above board in Snohomish, WA
35. Seattle Above board 4608 137th St SE Snohomish WA 98296
36. Can you make money and hold true to your values? Can you keep a profitable business “Above board”? Jack Ellis and Paul Jarvis (co-founders) explore running an ethical and privacy-focused company
37. Above board fixings is a family run business and has been operating for over 15 years in the south and across England and Wales
38. Steve, the owner, and Jim the sales person were very personal, professional and Above board about every aspect of the bid and job
39. Synonyms for Above board in Free Thesaurus
40. 49 synonyms for Above board: honest, straight, frank, square, genuine, proper, legitimate
41. If things are done Above board, they are carried out in a legal and proper manner.
42. 49 synonyms for Above board: honest, straight, frank, square, genuine, proper, legitimate
Definition of 'above board'. above board. An arrangement or deal that is above board is legal and is being carried out honestly and openly.
Above board was originally a gambling term, indicating fair play by players who kept their hands above the board (i.e. the table).
Another word for above-board. Another word for above-board word list. Below are a number of words whose meaning is similar to above-board. candidly. fairly. frankly. in open sight. ingenuously.
The term "above board" is believed to have originated from how pirates attacked opposing ships. Business executives seek to be "above board" in transactions with transparency in contacts and agreements.