abomination (noun) · abominations (plural noun)
See also: Abomination
1. Examples of Abomination in a Sentence Some people view the sculpture as art while others see it as an Abomination. although once common, torture is now an Abomination to the civilized peoples of the earth Recent Examples on the Web In an Abomination …
2. Every shepherd was "an Abomination" unto the Egyptians (Genesis 46:34).
3. Abomination definition, anything abominable; anything greatly disliked or abhorred
4. Abomination is used exclusively to describe things that are disgusting, loathsome and absolutely intolerable—things that are unacceptable to God
5. Christians would do well to take note of what God labels Abominations. Such things, be they actions, attitudes or objects, have no place in the life of a follower of Jesus Christ.
6. The official Marvel page for Abomination
7. Learn all about Abomination both on screen and in comics!
8. An Abomination, as mentioned in the Bible, is a violation of God’s law and the tenets of Christianity
9. Discover the contemporary definition of Abomination and its meaning in the Bible with scripture quotes.
10. Having finally attained his wish for power even greater than Hulk 's, Abomination began a rampage through Harlem as a demonstration of his new, god-like strength, challenging any authorities who attempted to stop him.
11. A false balance is an Abomination to the Lord, but a just weight is his delight
12. ‘Cursed is the man who makes an idol or a molten image, an Abomination to the Lord, the work of the hands of the craftsman, and sets it up in secret.’ And all the …
13. Answer: An Abomination is something that causes hate or disgust
14. In biblical usage, an Abomination is something that God loathes or hates because it is offensive to Him and His character.
15. The Abomination is a fictional supervillain appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics
16. Abomination (from Latin abominare, "to deprecate as an ill omen") is an English term used to translate the Biblical Hebrew terms shiqqutsשיקוץ and sheqets שקץ , which are derived from shâqats, or the terms תֹּועֵבָה , tōʻēḇā or to'e'va (noun) or 'ta'ev (verb).
17. Proverbs 15:8 - The sacrifice of the wicked [is] an Abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright [is] his delight
18. Proverbs 16:5 - Every one [that is] proud in heart [is] an Abomination to the LORD: [though] hand [join] in hand, he shall not be unpunished.
19. The noun Abomination means a thing or action that is vile, vicious or terrible
20. Abomination is commonly defined as (1): 1
21. This is usually based on an "Abomination" text, assuming this to indicate that same-gender sex is a worse sin than heterosexual sex in …
22. Abomination is a tanky, high DPS class that is able to chase down opponents to force them up close with moves such as Void Spear and Tethering Lance.
23. 14 synonyms of Abomination from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 55 related words, definitions, and antonyms
24. Find another word for Abomination
25. Abomination: something or someone that is hated
26. Abomination (noun): in the classical sense, Abominations are individuals absent human qualities
27. Outrage, bête noire, horror, evil, shame, plague, curse, disgrace, crime, atrocity, torment, anathema, barbarism, bugbear What is happening is an Abomination.
28. / əˌbɑː.məˈneɪ.ʃ ə n / something that you dislike and disapprove of: Cruelty to animals is an Abomination.
29. Abomination (n.) early 14c., "abominable thing or action;" late 14c., "feeling of disgust, hatred, loathing," from Old French abominacion "Abomination, horror, repugnance, disgust" (13c.), from Latin Abominationem (nominative abominatio) "Abomination," noun of action from past-participle stem of abominari "shun as an ill omen," from ab "off, away from" (see ab-) + omin-, stem of omen (see omen).
30. In the Old Testament, the word translated “Abomination” is shiqquwts
31. “The Hebrew root for Abomination is shaqats, [which means] ‘to be filthy,’ ‘to loath,’ ‘to abhor’” (“Abomination of Desolation,” International Standard Bible Encyclopedia)
32. This Hebrew word is translated into “Abomination” 113 times
33. “An unjust man is an Abomination to the righteous, And he who is upright in the way is an Abomination …
34. The KJV even uses “Abomination” six times in translation of New Testament texts (Matthew 24:15, Mark 13:14, Luke 16:15, and Revelation 17:4-5, 21:27)
35. All these biblical terms refer to different, albeit similar, violations, yet the umbrella term “Abomination” elides any distinction between them.
36. The Abomination hero class was designed by Josh Lauer, a Lord-Tier Kickstarter backer
37. The idea for the Abomination came from werewolves, which Josh Lauer is a fan of
38. The name of the Abomination's highest level armor, Inhuman Bondage, is also the name of the patch that he was added in.
39. Abomination f (plural Abominations) Something vile and abominable; an Abomination
40. (chiefly religion) Revulsion, Abomination, disgust.
41. The Abomination is a Reborn-tier dropper released in Part II of the 2019 Halloween Event
42. Find 37 ways to say Abomination, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
43. A-bom-i-na'-shun (piggul, to`ebhah, sheqets (shiqquts)): Three distinct Hebrew words are rendered in the English Bible by "Abomination," or "abominable thing," referring (except in Genesis 43:32; Genesis 46:34) to things or practices abhorrent to Yahweh, and opposed to the ritual or moral requirements of His religion.It would be well if these words could be distinguished in
44. An Abomination is normally a great sin, commonly worthy of death
45. Readers immersed in current debates about sexual ethics may first think an Abomination is a sexual sin
46. Indeed, Scripture calls sexual sins like adultery, homosexuality, and bestiality Abominations (e.g., Leviticus 18:22, 29-30)
47. INT: so what is an Abomination Egyptian will sacrifice
48. Exodus 8:26 HEB: נִזְבַּ֞ח אֶת־ תּוֹעֲבַ֥ת מִצְרַ֛יִם לְעֵינֵיהֶ֖ם NAS: we sacrifice what is an Abomination to the Egyptians KJV: lo, shall we sacrifice the Abomination of the Egyptians INT: If sacrifice is an Abomination Egyptian their eyes
49. Abomination - an action that is vicious or vile; an action that arouses disgust or abhorrence; "his treatment of the children is an Abomination" evildoing , transgression - the act of transgressing; the violation of a law or a duty or moral principle; "the boy was punished for the transgressions of his father"
50. Abominations are the result of alien experiments on abducted humans, and are found only on board Mothership Zeta in 2277
51. 1 Characteristics 1.1 Biology 1.2 Gameplay attributes 2 Variants 2.1 Abomination 3 Notes 4 Appearances 5 Behind the scenes 6 Gallery From what can be confirmed through various alien captive recorded logs, Abominations are captured human test subjects whose …
52. Marvel Hulk vs Abomination Finger Fighters Action Figures
53. Marvel Universe Series 5 Action Figure #19 Marvel's Abominations Abomination 3.75 Inch.
54. The Abomination (Emil Blonksy) is a supervillain appearing in Marvel Comics.The character first appeared in Tales to Astonish #90 (April 1967), and was created by writer Stan Lee and artist Gil Kane.
55. Genesis 43:32 View whole chapter See verse in context And they set on for him by himself, and for them by themselves, and for the Egyptians, which did eat with him, by themselves: because the Egyptians might not eat bread with the Hebrews; for that is an Abomination unto the Egyptians
56. The Abomination is the mutated form of the dragonkin Tarshak and the final boss of the Hero's Welcome quest
57. This Abomination is an insult to taxpayers' intelligence, and why we have put up with this nonsense is mystifying
58. Serving cheap, low-quality food and beverages to ungrateful men and women wearing polyester is an Abomination.
59. An Abomination Factory in Undercity
60. An Abomination is created from the mutilated and disease-ridden corpses brought from the battlefield
61. The skin of an Abomination is a sickly green and yellow, obviously covered with …
62. Abomination definition: If you say that something is an Abomination , you think that it is completely Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
63. Abomination [Colleen, Coble] on Amazon.com