1. Abnegation plays an important part in the teachings of all the major religions
Abnegation, An, All
2. The founder of Buddhism was a prince who gave up all his worldly goods when he discovered the world of poverty that lay outside the palace gates, and Abnegation …
All, And, Abnegation
3. Abnegation definition, the act or an instance of abnegating, or denying oneself some rights, conveniences, etc.: It was a time of austerity and Abnegation
Abnegation, Act, An, Abnegating, Austerity, And
4. Giving up, surrender, refusal, rejection, abandonment, renunciation, sacrifice, forbearance, disallowance, relinquishment, eschewal, abjuration He attacked 'society' for its Abnegation …
Abandonment, Abjuration, Attacked, Abnegation
5. / ˌæb.nɪˈɡeɪ.ʃ ə n / the act of not allowing yourself to have something, especially something you like or want: They believe it is the duty of women to live for others in complete Abnegation of themselves
Act, Allowing, Abnegation
6. The noun Abnegation definitely has the sense of self-denial and self-sacrifice
7. So you wouldn't use Abnegation to refer to the fact that you are giving up candy in order to eat more fruit
8. That verb, which means "to deny," is the ultimate source of the noun "Abnegation," a synonym of "denial" that began …
9. Abnegation (n.) late 14c., "a negative assertion," c
10. 1500 as "self-denial, renunciation," from Latin Abnegationem (nominative abnegatio) "refusal, denial," noun of action from past-participle stem of abnegare "to refuse, deny," from ab "off, away from" (see ab-) + negare "to deny," from PIE root *ne- …
As, Abnegationem, Abnegatio, Action, Abnegare, Ab, Away
11. Abnegation: The Selfless I will be my undoing If I become my obsession
12. ‘Given that the Abnegation of the ego is enjoined by almost every spiritual tradition, this becomes relevant across the spectrum of faiths.’ ‘It is part of the Abnegation of learning and the senseless worship of youth that now distort our values.’ ‘It is frustrating to witness the Abnegation of …
Abnegation, Almost, Across, And
13. The definition of Abnegation is the act of self-sacrificing by giving up your own interests
14. An example of Abnegation is when a successful lawyer gives up her practice in order to become a missionary.
15. Find 25 ways to say Abnegation, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Abnegation, Along, Antonyms, And, At
16. Marcus, as an Abnegation leader, makes a speech on the faction system when both Beatrice and Caleb are deciding which faction to be a part of, talking about how the faction system was created in order to bring peace to their society after war happens
As, An, Abnegation, And, Are, About, After
17. The act of rejecting or refusing something Examples of Abnegation in a sentence Her Abnegation of ice cream and cookies is due to her Olympic team training
Act, Abnegation, And
18. 🔊 Because everyone knew Jane loved serving the public, they were shocked by her Abnegation of the congressional seat
19. Abnegation uses it to describe self-indulgence
20. Your Abnegation is showing, says Christina
21. And he wears the gray clothes of the Abnegation
22. Even the Abnegation leadership was poisoned by it.
23. Sin is the estrangement between God and humans instigated by human defiance or Abnegation
24. There is both a politics and a delight in this, and both are contingent on Abnegation
And, Are, Abnegation
25. Raw eggs being the only foodstuff she would consume while suffering the throes of religious Abnegation.
26. See authoritative translations of Abnegation in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
Abnegation, And, Audio,
27. Definition of Abnegation in the Definitions.net dictionary
28. What does Abnegation mean? Information and translations of Abnegation in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
29. In Divergent, Abnegation is the governing body and no other factions are allowed to take part in controlling the government
Abnegation, And, Are, Allowed
30. How to say Abnegation in English? Pronunciation of Abnegation with 2 audio pronunciations, 12 synonyms, 2 meanings, 10 translations, 1 sentence and more for Abnegation.
Abnegation, Audio, And
31. Abnegation's Verses of the Bleeding is a brutal death metal album released in 1997
32. Abnegation is hosting this year so one of our leaders, Marcus Eaton is standing on the stage in the front of the room with the five bowls depicting the five factions in front of him; water for Erudite, hot coals for Dauntless, grey stones for Abnegation, earth for Amity, and glass for Candor.
Abnegation, Amity, And
33. Abnegation - the denial and rejection of a doctrine or belief; "Abnegation of the Holy Trinity" denial - the act of refusing to comply (as with a request); "it resulted in a complete denial of his privileges" 2
Abnegation, And, Act, As
34. Abnegation - renunciation of your own interests in favor of the interests of others.
35. “Law's Abnegation is a theoretically informed, analytically rigorous, and, above all, lawyerly interpretation of the law of the modern administrative state
Abnegation, Analytically, And, Above, All, Administrative
36. “It is a film that valorizes the Abnegation of moral responsibility, and the poise and precision of its craft draws us into a willing suspension of our instinctive sense of what is life-affirming and good.”
Abnegation, And, Affirming
37. The Abnegation faction was formed by people who blamed selfishness for human nature's errors
38. Abnegation definition: a giving up of rights, etc.; self-denial ; renunciation Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
39. This is a story where Tris and Tobias met in Abnegation, and transferred to Dauntless together
40. Therefore the Abnegation are not going to defend themselves against ridicule, and as such unflattering nicknames about their faction may pass unchecked between the other factions
Abnegation, Are, Against, And, As, About
41. In short, Abnegation is an easy target for ridicule; there is motive to ridicule them, and due to Abnegation's lack of interest defending itself, the ridicule can spread.
Abnegation, An, And
42. The Abnegation always put others before themselves
43. Another word for Abnegation: giving up, surrender, refusal, rejection, abandonment Collins English Thesaurus
Another, Abnegation, Abandonment
44. Abnegation was a vegan metalcore/deathcore band from Erie, Pennsylania, USA, active from 1992 to 1999
45. Abnegation is the Faction that I am the most familiar with, even though I Chose Erudite
46. They discussed the Abnegation of God
47. The sticking point in faith for me was Abnegation
48. Such Abnegation has become a popular tactic in these anti - political times
49. Men with that capacity for self - Abnegation do no
50. Abnegation copious eulogy euphony extraneous mundane poignant progeny sonorous tenure Learn with flashcards, games, and more — for free.
51. Definition of Abnegation noun in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
52. Find 25 ways to say Abnegation, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Abnegation, Along, Antonyms, And, At
53. Abnegation Ravenclaw is a fanfiction author that has written 46 stories for Divergent Trilogy, Harry Potter, Fault in Our Stars, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Mortal Instruments, and Hunger Games.
Abnegation, , And
54. Self-denial (related but different from self-Abnegation or self-sacrifice) is an act of letting go of the self as with altruistic abstinence – the willingness to forgo personal pleasures or undergo personal trials in the pursuit of the increased good of another
Abnegation, An, Act, As, Altruistic, Abstinence, Another