1. Abbreviations.com holds hundreds of thousands of entries organized by a large variety of categories from computing and the Web to governmental, medicine and business and it is maintained and expanded by a large community of passionate editors
2. Acronyms and Abbreviations The Acronyms section of this website is powered by the Acronym Finder, the web's most comprehensive dictionary of acronyms, Abbreviations and initialisms
Acronyms, And, Abbreviations, Acronym
3. This list contains the most common Abbreviations used in the OED
4. Click on a letter to see the Abbreviations beginning with that letter
5. Abbreviations and letters When we abbreviate a word or phrase, we shorten it. Abbreviations can be formed from the first letters of the word or phrase
Abbreviations, And, Abbreviate
6. Find out what any acronym, abbreviation, or initialism stands for With more than 1,000,000 human-edited definitions, Acronym Finder is the world's largest and most comprehensive dictionary of acronyms, Abbreviations, and initialisms
Any, Acronym, Abbreviation, And, Abbreviations
7. Combined with the Acronym Attic, Acronym Finder contains more than 5 million acronyms and Abbreviations.
Acronym, Attic, Acronyms, And, Abbreviations
8. Most popular dictionary of acronyms and Abbreviations
Acronyms, And, Abbreviations
9. Huge List of 1,559 Text and Chat Abbreviations
10. While it does seem incredible that there are thousands of text Abbreviations, keep in mind that different chat Abbreviations are used by different groups of people.For example, online gamers are likely to use text Abbreviations not used by a …
11. Each state has its own unique shortened name codes used in written documents and mailing addresses.The state Abbreviations are always in the same format: two letter Abbreviations where both letters are uppercase and no periods or spaces between each letter
And, Addresses, Abbreviations, Are, Always
12. Abbreviations are often used to save time and space
Abbreviations, Are, And
13. Some Abbreviations are followed by a period (such as Mr., Prof., ft
Abbreviations, Are, As
14. Are not shortened forms of other words (so they are not Abbreviations)
15. Example of 15th-century Latin manuscript text with scribal Abbreviations An abbreviation (from Latin brevis, meaning short) is a shortened form of a word or phrase, by any method.
Abbreviations, An, Abbreviation, Any
16. Abbreviations take many forms and can be found in ancient Greek inscriptions, in medieval manuscripts (e.g., “DN” for “Dominus Noster”), and in …
Abbreviations, And, Ancient
17. According to the American Psychological Association (APA), Abbreviations are best used only when they allow for clear communication with the audience.
According, American, Association, Apa, Abbreviations, Are, Allow, Audience
18. Browse the list of 304 International Abbreviations with their meanings and definitions
19. Morse code Abbreviations are used to speed up Morse communications by foreshortening textual words and phrases
Abbreviations, Are, And
20. Morse Abbreviations are short forms representing normal textual words and phrases formed from some (fewer) characters borrowed from the words or phrases being abbreviated
Abbreviations, Are, And, Abbreviated
21. Find 23 ways to say Abbreviations, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Abbreviations, Along, Antonyms, And, At
22. This vaccine Abbreviations page lists Abbreviations used for vaccines, including some “old” or non-standard Abbreviations used on immunization records
23. Common Abbreviations For your easy navigation, the common Abbreviations are formed into several groups alphabetically
Abbreviations, Are, Alphabetically
24. Use a Title search for "Abbreviations" in the FamilySearch Catalog found on the www.familysearch.org website for other books which define Abbreviations and acronyms such as: Acronyms, Initialisms, and Abbreviations Dictionary: a guide to acronyms, Abbreviations, contractions, alphabetic symbols, and similar condensed appellations by Jennifer
Abbreviations, And, Acronyms, As, Alphabetic, Appellations
25. • What is an abbreviation?• Why do we use Abbreviations?• Why is it important to know common Abbreviations and be able to use them correctly? 2
An, Abbreviation, Abbreviations, And, Able
26. • Abbreviations are “hiding” inside the word.•
27. Here, Abbreviations are used to cut down on the actual cost of placing the classified ad
Abbreviations, Are, Actual, Ad
28. This gives you an acceptable Abbreviations list with a standard format for capitalization and punctuation to …
An, Acceptable, Abbreviations, And
29. The FDA Acronyms and Abbreviations database provides a quick reference to acronyms and Abbreviations related to Food and Drug Administration (FDA) activities.
Acronyms, And, Abbreviations, Administration, Activities
30. Click below to see titles and Abbreviations for: Prefix Titles Suffix Titles Parent Club Titles Other Recognized Titles Other Title Lists: Titles Sorted by Sport Titles Sorted in Alphabetic Order
And, Abbreviations, Alphabetic
31. Differences Between Abbreviations in English and Spanish
32. Unlike in English, where most Abbreviations are capitalized, many Spanish Abbreviations are not.Generally, Abbreviations that are capitalized are personal titles (such as Sr
Abbreviations, Are, As
33. Fundamental » Umbrella metacategories » Shortenings subcategories by language » Abbreviations
34. Texting, Twitter, chat and IM Abbreviations and acronyms: Texting , Twitter, chat and IM Abbreviations and acronyms represent people's shorthand communications via mobile devices and on the Internet , especially on social media platforms
And, Abbreviations, Acronyms
35. The corresponding Abbreviations
36. What purpose does it serve? The use of standardized Abbreviations is essential to obtain correct and validated scientific and technical citations
37. Who is the author of this list? The ISSN Network creates the Abbreviations in the List of Title Word Abbreviations.
38. Abbreviations must be clearly distinguished from contractions.
The definition of an abbreviation is a shortened form of something. An example of an abbreviation is PA, which is a shortened form of Pennsylvania. YourDictionary definition and usage example. "Abbreviation.".
abbreviation - a shortened form of a word or phrase descriptor, form, signifier, word form - the phonological or orthographic sound or appearance of a word that can be used to describe or identify something; "the inflected forms of a word can be represented by a stem and a list of inflections to be attached"
For example: AM/PM - AM, which we use to denote morning, is an abbreviation for ante meridiem (before noon), and PM stands for post... AD - The era in which we live, AD, is actually an abbreviation for Anno Domini, or "The Year of Our Lord." More ...
Generally they are formed from the first letter of the basic word. The difference between an abbreviation and an acronym is that an abbreviation is the articulated form of the original word whereas the acronym is a form of new word.