abbreviate (verb) · abbreviates (third person present) · abbreviated (past tense) · abbreviated (past participle) · abbreviating (present participle)
1. Abbreviate definition is - to make briefer; especially : to reduce (a word or name) to a shorter form intended to stand for the whole
2. How to use Abbreviate in a sentence
3. Did You Know? Synonym Discussion of Abbreviate.
4. To reduce (anything) in length, duration, etc.; make briefer: to Abbreviate …
5. Abbreviate - reduce in scope while retaining essential elements; "The manuscript must be shortened" abridge , foreshorten , shorten , contract , reduce , cut bowdlerise , bowdlerize , expurgate , castrate , shorten - edit by omitting or modifying parts considered indelicate; "bowdlerize a novel"
6. Some common synonyms of Abbreviate are abridge, curtail, retrench, and shorten
7. While all these words mean "to reduce in extent," Abbreviate implies a making shorter usually by omitting some part
8. Using an Abbreviated title In what contexts can abridge take the place of Abbreviate?
9. Find 40 ways to say Abbreviate, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
10. The definition of Abbreviate is to use a shortened form of something, such as a word or phrase, to represent the full form
11. To Abbreviate the name of New York …
12. Do you want to know how do you Abbreviate abbreviation?
13. 10 ways to Abbreviate Individual
14. How to Abbreviate Individual? Get the most popular abbreviation for Individual updated in 2021
15. 6 ways to Abbreviate Distribution
16. How to Abbreviate Distribution? Get the most popular abbreviation for Distribution updated in 2021
17. Abbreviated adjective shortened, shorter, reduced, brief, potted, trimmed, pruned, cut, summarized, compressed, concise, condensed, abridged It was an Abbreviated document without detailed proposals
18. Increased, expanded, prolonged, protracted, diffuse, amplified, drawn out, unabridged, unAbbreviated
19. Abbreviate - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
20. To Abbreviate, spell out the abbreviation the first time you use it and then put the abbreviation in parentheses afterwards
21. For example, you would write "The organization is Poetry for Poetry's Sake (PPS)." When you Abbreviate, put a period after people’s titles, like “Mr.”, and street
22. Abbreviated definition, shortened; made briefer: The rain led to an Abbreviated picnic
23. The Abbreviate form has never been able to recover that shock. Acronyms are used most often to Abbreviate names of organizations and long or frequently referenced terms
24. It is one thing to Abbreviate by contracting, another by cutting off
25. Abbreviate (third-person singular simple present Abbreviates, present participle abbreviating, simple past and past participle Abbreviated) (obsolete, transitive) To shorten by omitting parts or details
26. Abbreviation for Abbreviate is Abbr.
27. Many government agencies have long names that are often Abbreviated to acronyms
28. The pop star Abbreviated her name to the first letter of her first name and the first two letters of her last name
29. ‘Europeans Abbreviate dates in reverse, and doing it wrong could invalidate your card.’ ‘I wish subtitles didn't have to Abbreviate the dialogue though.’ ‘Such an establishment was called a café concert or café conc’ (be careful not to Abbreviate it further).’
30. Examples of Abbreviate in a sentence
31. Learning to Abbreviate long words will help the court reporter type more quickly
32. 🔊 Please do not Abbreviate your name, but instead place your full signature on the line
33. 🔊 Some packages of food Abbreviate teaspoon to tsp while other write out the
34. Abbreviate definition: If you Abbreviate something, especially a word or a piece of writing, you make it Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
35. Cont’d Most style guides, including The Chicago Manual of Style, advise that if you have to Abbreviate the word continue, you should write “cont” and add a period after it.Using cont
36. The most common place this word might be Abbreviated is on a financial report or some similar accounting reporting.
37. ‘Europeans Abbreviate dates in reverse, and doing it wrong could invalidate your card.’ ‘I wish subtitles didn't have to Abbreviate the dialogue though.’ ‘Such an establishment was called a café concert or café conc’ (be careful not to Abbreviate it further).’
38. In Abbreviate, aggregate that the boy admired no best abides----except in the man's anamnesis of it
39. She had lost the power to Abbreviate the remaining steps of the way
40. The satisfiability problem of conjunction normal form ( Abbreviate SAT problem ) is an NP _ complete problem.
41. Abbreviate Meaning: "to make shorter," from Latin abbreviatus, past participle of abbreviare "to shorten, make brief," from… See definitions of Abbreviate.
42. Abbreviate meaning, definition, what is Abbreviate: to make a word or expression shorter by : Learn more.
43. Definition of Abbreviate verb in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
44. If you must Abbreviate the word million, there are a plethora of options to choose from
45. However, if you do need to Abbreviate the word million, you can use any of the options below: Mil
46. Definition of Abbreviate in the Definitions.net dictionary
47. What does Abbreviate mean? Information and translations of Abbreviate in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
48. We found 6 answers for “Abbreviate”
49. This page shows answers to the clue Abbreviate, followed by 6 definitions like “Abbreviated; abridged”, “Shorten, as of words” and “Abbreviate means make shorter”.A synonym for Abbreviate is shorten.
50. Related to Abbreviate: dictionary abbreviation A set of letters that are drawn from a word or from a sequence of words and used for brevity in place of the full word or phrase.
51. Definition of Abbreviate verb in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
52. Looking for the definition of Abbreviate? Find out what is the full meaning of Abbreviate on Abbreviations.com! The Web's largest and most authoritative acronyms and abbreviations resource.
53. Antonyms for Abbreviate include lengthen, elongate, expand, extend, prolong, protract, amplify, increase, enlarge and strengthen
54. I am entering some data and need to Abbreviate the year
55. Abbreviate: 1 v shorten “ Abbreviate `New York' and write `NY'” Type of: reduce make less complex v reduce in scope while retaining essential elements Synonyms: abridge , contract , cut , foreshorten , reduce , shorten cut , edit , edit out cut and assemble the components of Antonyms: dilate , elaborate , enlarge , expand , expatiate , exposit
56. Many government agencies have long names that are often Abbreviated to acronyms
57. The pop star Abbreviated her name to the first letter of her first name and the first two letters of her last name
58. See authoritative translations of Abbreviate in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
59. Shorten, Abbreviate, abridge, cut
60. 这些动词均含有"缩短"之意。 shorten ： 通常指缩短时间、尺寸或过程。; Abbreviate ： 指省去应有的或后续的部分，从而使整体缩短。 也可指缩短时间。 abridge ： 多指对书籍的删节或缩短，删去不重要部分而保存其精华。; cut ： 普通用词，指任何缩短而缩减的过程。
61. The Abbreviate function returns the abbreviation for the supplied string
62. Abbreviate names using user-defined function
63. The Abbreviate text contains only capital letters
64. Inflections of 'Abbreviate' (v): (⇒ conjugate) Abbreviates v 3rd person singular abbreviating v pres p verb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing." Abbreviated v past verb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed." Abbreviated v past p verb, past participle: Verb form used
65. How do you Abbreviate center? The word center has a few common abbreviations.
66. The word center is most often Abbreviated in a street address, notes, or other places, such as newspapers, where there is limited space.