1. Abbess Instruments engineers and manufactures custom Vacuum Chambers for a broad range of user-defined systems, serving uses from scientific experimentation to industrial production.
2. Definition of Abbess : a woman who is the superior of a convent of nuns Examples of Abbess in a Sentence Recent Examples on the Web The discovery of a document detailing the occult activities of …
3. The Abbess wrote texts on botany, theology, medicine.
4. Abbess, the title of a superior of certain communities of nuns following the Benedictine Rule, of convents of the Second Order of St
5. The female superior in spirituals and temporals of a community of twelve or more nuns. With a few necessary exceptions, the position of an Abbess in her convent corresponds generally with that of an Abbot in his monastery.
And, An, Abbess, Abbot
6. Abbess Abbess is a Force affinity champion from the Sacred Order faction. Abbess was relatively weak up until September 2020 where she had a buff too her A2 and A3 abilities
Abbess, Affinity, And, Abilities
7. The Abbess of Fontevrault at the monastery of Fontevrault had houses for both monks and nuns, and an Abbess presided over both
Abbess, At, And, An
8. Abbess is equipped with Savage Set and Critical Rate Set to allow her to deal a high amount of damage by ignoring enemy defense with the aid of Savage Set, Helmsmasher (Tier 6 Offense Mastery) and 60% Decrease Defense debuff
Abbess, And, Allow, Amount, Aid
9. What does Abbess mean? The superior of a convent
10. An Abbess can exercise supreme domestic authority ( potestas dominativa ) over her monastery and all its dependencies, but as a female, she is debarred from exercising any power of spiritual jurisdiction, such as belongs to an abbot
An, Abbess, , And, All, As, Any, Abbot
11. The Abbess is a character from The Nun
12. When Burke attempts to enter the abbey, it is revealed that the Abbess was actually Valak, who attempted to attack Burke in the chapel.
Attempts, Abbey, Abbess, Actually, Attempted, Attack
13. Abbess is a member of ASTM, AVS (American Vacuum Society), and the Cryogenic Society of America
Abbess, Astm, Avs, American, And, America
14. Abbess belongs to "The Sacred Order" faction under the Telerians army
15. Abbess, the female superior in spirituals and temporals of a community of twelve or more nuns.With a few necessary exceptions, the position of an Abbess in her convent corresponds generally with that of an Abbot in his monastery
Abbess, And, An, Abbot
16. Abbess And every bishop, abbot and Abbess who is able to do so is to give a pound of silver in alms
Abbess, And, Abbot, Able, Alms
17. From the Cambridge English Corpus Petitioners recognized the influential position the Abbess had …
18. Find 23 ways to say Abbess, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Abbess, Along, Antonyms, And, At
19. Definition of Abbess in the Definitions.net dictionary
20. What does Abbess mean? Information and translations of Abbess in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions …
21. Abbess (plural Abbesses) A female superior or governess of a nunnery, or convent of nuns, having the same authority over the nuns which the abbots have over the monks
Abbess, Abbesses, , Abbots
22. [First attested around 1150 to 1350] The Abbess was always after the nuns to keep the convent immaculately clean.
Attested, Around, Abbess, Always, After
23. An Abbess was a title given to a nun who ruled over a convent of religious sisters
24. Abbesses Great religious women of the early Middle Ages
25. IBACK most abbots and Abbesses, which is why I was on Talgo Abbess, third at 100-8, in the Champion Hurdle in 1967.
Abbots, And, Abbesses, Abbess, At
26. ‘The Abbess withheld much from me concerning the fate of my parents.’ ‘The Abbess questions the existence of the reincarnations.’ ‘I have given my word to the Abbess and I pledge the same to you, that she will be generously cared for.’ ‘Particularly in Germany, where Hildegard lived, being an Abbess was a very commanding position.’
Abbess, And, An
27. The Abbess is a character appearing in the novel and in the film adaptation
Abbess, Appearing, And, Adaptation
28. Each Abbess is elected by the Valleysmen to be the tribe's leader
29. Zachry mentions that if the future had played out differently, his sister, Catkin, could have been the next Abbess
30. The Abbess is the chief religious official and educator inthe NineValleys
31. AbbessRegularAltsys Fontographer 3
32. 5 Abbess RegularAbbess RegularAltsys Fontographer 3
33. The Abbess’ obligation for the ongoing life of each member of the community and for the community as a whole demands a level of unceasing care and vigilance: the ring signifies the intimacy and strength of this bond
Abbess, And, As
34. The prayer of blessing refers to the ring as a “seal of fidelity,” and calls on God to aid the Abbess’ human frailty in
As, And, Aid, Abbess
35. —-An Abbess, or mother superior, is a nun who is the head of a convent
36. • The saintly Abbess spent several fruitful years in that convent, the recipient of extraordinary mystical favors
37. • The fourteen-year-old Gertrude was appointed as the Abbess and proved herself deserving of the title
Appointed, As, Abbess, And
38. Origin Abbess (1200-1300) Old French Abbesse, from …
39. Term derived from abbot (Aramaic abba, father), "Abbess" is the title of a female superior of a monastic community of nuns.Superiors were referred to as mater monasterii, mater monacharum, praeposita; the term "Abbess" appeared for the first time in the West on the tomb of a certain "Serena, abbatissa" (d.c
Abbot, Aramaic, Abba, Abbess, As, Appeared, Abbatissa
40. Abbess definition: An Abbess is the nun who is in charge of the other nuns in a convent
41. The Abbess explains to the Pope that "electronic surveillance (even if a convent were one day to practise it) does not differ from any other type of watchfulness, the which is a necessity of a Religious Community; we are told in the Scriptures 'to watch and to pray,' which is itself a paradox."
Abbess, Any, Are, And
42. The Abbess family name was found in the USA, and the UK between 1880 and 1920
43. The most Abbess families were found in the UK in 1891
44. In 1880 there was 1 Abbess family living in Maryland
45. This was 100% of all the recorded Abbess's in the USA
46. Maryland had the highest population of Abbess …
47. Abbess - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
48. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Abbess n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc
49. This article is about Abbess, but you may be looking for this Abbess
Article, About, Abbess
50. The Abbess was a minor character in The Last Kingdom television series
51. She was an Abbess who resided in a nunnery inMercia
52. Abbess Germaine was the co-founder of Redwall Abbey, along with Martin the Warrior.She was also the first Recorder.An older mouse, she was formerly the last Abbess of Loamhedge Abbey, but a plague forced her and others to leave and travel to Mossflower Woods.
Abbess, Abbey, Along, Also, An, And
53. Abbess Germaine was most famous for designing the blueprints for Redwall Abbey during the Great Mossflower War.
54. An Abbess has, morever, a certain power of coercion, which authorizes her to impose punishments of a lighter nature, in harmony with the provisions of the rule, but in no instance has she a right to inflict the graver ecclesiastical penalties, such as censures
An, Abbess, , As
55. By the decree "Quemadmodum", 17 December, 1890, of Leo XIII, Abbesses and other
56. Abbess Benita is the leader of the Abbey of St
57. Abbess is a legendary attack champion from the faction Sacred Order doing force damage
58. See authoritative translations of Abbess in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
Abbess, And, Audio,
59. Abbess Thaisia is truly a spiritual princess in an information realm dominated by MTV/Hollywood/Bollywood frogs
60. In addition to providing a great personal example, the book also makes available valuable instructions from Abbess Thaisia's conversations with St John of Kronstadt,
Addition, Also, Available, Abbess
61. Saint Eanswythe, Abbess of Folkestone Commemorated on August 31
62. Secular Abbess in Austria.—In the Hradschin of Prague, there is a noted Catholic Imperial Institute, whose directress always bears the title Abbess
Abbess, Austria, Always
63. Definition of Abbess noun in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
64. The Abbess and the purveyor were but ill-pleased to hear what the old man said
65. There is no staff or other symbol to show that the lady was an Abbess
66. Where the Abbess of Agreda wanders, he alone remains vigorous and clear
Abbess, Agreda, Alone, And
Definition of abbess. : a woman who is the superior of a convent of nuns.
Definition of abbess. : a woman who is the superior of a convent of nuns.
Because an abbess, unlike an Abbott, could not be a priest, she could not exercise spiritual authority over the nuns (and sometimes monks) under her general authority. A priest had that authority. She could hear confessions only of violations of the order's rule]