1. Abash definition is - to destroy the self-possession or self-confidence of (someone) : disconcert
2. Abash synonyms, Abash pronunciation, Abash translation, English dictionary definition of Abash
3. Abash definition, to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to Abash someone by sneering
4. Uk / əˈbæʃ / us / əˈbæʃ / to embarrass someone or make them feel uncomfortable: Her elder cousins Abashed her by commenting on her shyness
5. They tried not to be Abashed by the unfamiliar luxury.
6. How does the verb Abash contrast with its synonyms? Some common synonyms of Abash are discomfit, disconcert, embarrass, and rattle
7. While all these words mean "to distress by confusing or confounding," Abash presupposes some initial self-confidence that receives a sudden check, producing shyness, shame, or a feeling of inferiority.
8. Abash is defined as to cause someone to feel embarrassed or ill at ease
9. A child's temper tantrum is an example of something that would Abash a parent.
10. Rag′Abash, a low fellow; Rag′amuffin, a low, disreputable person
11. CHAMBERS'S TWENTIETH CENTURY DICTIONARY (PART 3 OF 4: N-R) VARIOUS Nor did her presence in the least Abash the boys, for they saw no impropriety in the act
12. Abash 'Abash' is a 5 letter word starting with A and ending with H Crossword clues for 'Abash'
13. The Crossword Solver found 34 answers to the Abash crossword clue
14. 522.6k Followers, 256 Following, 135 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Abash (@ashgreyz)
15. The girl was Abashed by the laughter of her classmates
16. He said nothing but looked Abashed
17. His boss's criticism left him feeling rather Abashed
18. Although Abash sounds like a big party or what firefighters do to get through a locked door, Abash is, in fact, a verb that means you have caused another person to feel awkward, bashful, embarrassed, or ashamed
19. To make your best friend feel Abashed, you might tell her new boyfriend about the time she but why would you want to embarrass her?
20. Abash is an Italian band from Puglia that was formed in 1998 on the basis of the interest for a "new wave" of Salento's ethnic and popular music (like Tarante and Pizzica)
21. Looking for their own musical identity, Abash tried to blend African obsessive and tribal rhythms and Oriental melodies with Italian traditional folklore and rock.
22. Abash (v.) "perplex or embarrass by suddenly exciting the conscience, discomfit, make ashamed," late 14c., earlier "lose one's composure, be upset" (early 14c.), from Old French esbaiss-, present stem of esbaer "lose one's composure, be startled, be stunned."
23. Definition of Abash to humiliate someone and make them feel embarrassed or ashamed Examples of Abash in a sentence The officer tried to Abash the inmates, humiliating them and treating them like dogs
24. Abash definition: to cause to feel ill at ease , embarrassed , or confused; make ashamed Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
25. Abash - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
26. ‘they have taken great delight in Abashing critics’ ‘I was too Abashed, too embarrassed that I had actually asked something like that!’ ‘Katherine was slightly Abashed at his forwardness and lingered outside of the house, not really wanting to go in.’
27. Abash - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
28. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Abash [sb] ⇒ vtr transitive verb: Verb taking a direct object--for example, "Say something." "She found the cat." (make ashamed, disconcert)
29. Dictionary entry overview: What does Abash mean? • Abash (verb) The verb Abash has 1 sense:
30. Cause to be embarrassed; cause to feel self-conscious Familiarity information: Abash used as a …
31. Abash : Synonyms & Antonyms
32. Abash (transitive verb) His uncivilized behavior in the company fuction Abashed his parents and his relatives
33. And yet, what other course had I to take with a man whom no denial, no scorn could Abash?: Nor did her presence in the least Abash the boys, for they saw no impropriety in the act.: Her reticence in that respect, however, did not in the least Abash Jesse.: Divers flocks of clouds, camp-followers of the storm, could not Abash her.: As I said before, those gentlemen-rascals are hard to Abash.
34. Abash definition: Abash is defined as to cause someone to feel embarrassed or ill at ease
35. (verb) A child's temper tantrum is an example of something that would Abash a parent
36. It is wrong to Abash a child for a mistake How to use Abash in a sentence is shown in this page
37. Synonyms for Abash include confound, confuse, discomfit, disconcert, discountenance, embarrass, faze, fluster, mortify and nonplus
38. Definition of Abash in the Definitions.net dictionary
39. What does Abash mean? Information and translations of Abash in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
40. Synonyms for Abash in Free Thesaurus
41. 11 synonyms for Abash: chagrin, confound, confuse, discomfit, discomfort, disconcert, discountenance
42. ‘they have taken great delight in Abashing critics’ ‘I was too Abashed, too embarrassed that I had actually asked something like that!’ ‘Katherine was slightly Abashed at his forwardness and lingered outside of the house, not really wanting to go in.’
43. See authoritative translations of Abash in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
44. Abash: Finding Bugs in Bash Scripts Karl Mazurak University of Pennsylvania [email protected] Steve Zdancewic University of Pennsylvania [email protected] Abstract This paper describes the design and implementation of Abash, a tool for statically analyzing programs written …
45. Abash: To make ashamed or uneasy; disconcert
46. Find 3 ways to say Abash, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
47. Abash is a stronger word than confuse, but not so strong as confound
48. We are Abashed in the presence of superiors or when detected in vice or misconduct
49. Abash Urdu Meaning - Find the correct meaning of Abash in Urdu, it is important to understand the word properly when we translate it from English to Urdu
50. There are always several meanings of each word in Urdu, the correct meaning of Abash in Urdu is شرمانا, and in roman we write it Sharmana.
51. How do you say Abash? I have started a project to not only let you hear how to say Abash and all other words in the dictionary, I’m also SHOWING you how to s
52. Abash's Closet, Nassau, New Providence
53. 1 day ago · The Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday posted Additional Director General of Police Abash Kumar as the Inspector General of Police, South Zone, Madurai
54. English to Hindi Dictionary: Abash
55. Meaning and definitions of Abash, translation of Abash in Hindi language with similar and opposite words
56. Spoken pronunciation of Abash in English and in Hindi
57. Tags for the entry "Abash" What Abash means in Hindi, Abash meaning in Hindi, Abash definition, explanation, pronunciations and examples of Abash in
58. Join Facebook to connect with Abash Yadav and others you may know
abash - cause to be embarrassed; cause to feel self-conscious. embarrass. discomfit, discompose, untune, upset, disconcert - cause to lose one's composure. disconcert, flurry, confuse, put off - cause to feel embarrassment; "The constant attention of the young man confused her".
Of abash, confuse, confound: Abash is a stronger word than confuse, but not so strong as confound. We are abashed when struck either with sudden shame or with a humbling sense of inferiority; as, Peter was abashed by the look of his Master.
History and Etymology for abash. Middle English abaissen, abaschen "to lose one's composure," borrowed from Anglo-French abaiss-, stem of abair "to open wide, gape, be amazed," alteration (by prefix substitution) of esbaer (Continental Old French esbahir ), from es- "out" (going back to Latin ex-) + baer "to open wide,...