AACHEN [ˈäKHən, ˈäkən]
1. But Aachen's history goes back even further than 8th-century Charlemagne
2. Aachen Cathedral, northern Europe's oldest and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is the city's main attraction.
3. Aachen, city, North Rhine-Westphalia state, western Germany
4. Learn more about Aachen in this article.
5. Aachen – European flair in the border triangle
6. When Dutch people mean Aachen, they say Aken
7. Aachen is the most western metropolis in Germany and it is directly located in the border region of Belgium and the Netherlands
8. Aachen is a city in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, at the point where Germany borders on Belgium and the Netherlands.Historically this spa-town was a prominent city, the place where the German Kings were crowned, and a famously favoured residence of Charlemagne who still lies buried in the impressive cathedral he himself had built.
9. An Aachen Dutch Shepherd pup, was recently NATIONALLY certified for SAR
10. Aachen is a habitation name, which is one of the categories of surnames that were derived from place-names
11. Aachen was one of the largest and toughest urban battles fought by US forces in World War Two, and the first city on German soil to be captured by the Allies
12. Aachen has been around for millennia
13. In Aachen’s old quarter, cute cafés and restaurants ranging from simple to fancy beckon you in, and great shopping is a breeze in the numerous quirky shops
14. Several smaller and larger theatres and the Aachen Symphony Orchestra invite you to enjoy opulent operas, high-calibre acting and nationally acclaimed concerts.
15. Burgeria Aachen Address Templergraben 20, 52062 Aachen, Deutschland E-mail burgeria-Aachen@web.de Phone number 0241-66669 District court Aachen VAT ID DE318825536 Responsible person Halit Özdemir
16. Aachen would then be surrounded, isolated, and ripe for reduction while the rest of First Army proceeded eastward
17. Aachen definition, a city in western Germany: coronation city of German kings 936–1531
18. Aachen – Universities, Living Costs & Things to Do and See in Aachen
19. Sitting in the border with Belgium and Netherlands, Aachen is the westernmost city of Germany which played a major role historically – being the home of prominent kings as the capital of …
20. The 2000-year old imperial city of Aachen is a cosmopolitan town with historical flair
21. Located at the heart of the border triangle between Germany, Netherlands, and Belgium, Aachen sits right in the middle of a region worth exploring.
22. The imperial chapel of Charlemagne, now forming the central component of the cathedral in Aachen, Germany, is the best-known surviving example of a palatine chapel.Considered a masterpiece of Carolingian architecture because of its intricately designed core, Aachen Cathedral also exhibits notable elements of the Gothic style.The cathedral was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1978.
23. Download Aachen font for PC/Mac for free, take a test-drive and see the entire character set
24. Current local time in Germany – North Rhine-Westphalia – Aachen
25. Get Aachen's weather and area codes, time zone and DST
26. Things to Do in Aachen, Germany: See Tripadvisor's 47,250 traveller reviews and photos of Aachen tourist attractions
27. We have reviews of the best places to see in Aachen
28. Aachen is a great read, especially for World War II buffs looking for a detailed narrative about the long five weeks it took American forces to force the city’s surrender
29. Aachen synonyms, Aachen pronunciation, Aachen translation, English dictionary definition of Aachen
30. Aachen is situated directly on the border with Belgium and the Netherlands
31. More than 50,000 students attend Aachen’s four major colleges and universities (Rhineland-Westphalian Technical University [RWTH], University of Applied Sciences, Catholic University of Applied
32. The late 1944 Battle of Aachen, the first German city to fall to the Allies, was particularly vicious and resembled, on a smaller scale, the street fighting
33. Download the Aachen font for free or use it to generate a fancy logo using the custom graphics generator
34. In der DIGITAL CHURCH gestalten wir die Digitalisierungin der Aachen Area.
35. Aachen has a pretty decent Christmas market
36. I remember going to Valkenburg for Christmas market shopping and was bored there, so went to Aachen for dinner and drinks, much better vibe there
37. This summer drove by Aachen because it was the only city in the area that had hotels available
38. Aachen Cathedral, also known as Cathedral of Aix-la-Chapelle or the Kaiserdom of Aachen (German: Aachener Dom), is a Roman Catholic Church in Western Germany.A building of great historical significance, it is the oldest church in northern Europe.
39. Aachen is a historically important city, spa and university centre in North Rhine-Westphalia, situated at the "three lands corner" where the borders of Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands meet
40. RWTH Aachen University campus is located in Aachen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
41. The city of Aachen is a beautiful place at the crossroads of three cultures of Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands, providing an ideal environment for creativity and research-based learning.
42. Looking for Aachen fonts? Click to find the best 1 free fonts in the Aachen style
43. RWTH Aachen University was able to attract two of the seven so-called Future Clusters, which are to be established in Germany, to the Aachen region, namely “NeuroSys” and “Hydrogen.” Two RWTH institutes will coordinate the activities in these highly innovative consortia, which are to receive 90 million euros in total funding.
44. Aachen Regular FontMonger:Aachen Aachen 1
45. 0 Thu Jun 17 19:44:37 1993 Aachen.
46. 11.03.2021 CHIO Aachen 2021 from 10th-19th September
47. The later in the year, the better the event: The World Equestrian Festival, CHIO Aachen 2021, is opening its doors from 10th-19th September.
48. Aachen Cathedral famously was the palatine Mary chapel of Charlemagne completed around AD 800 and was the coronation church for German kings from 936 to 1531
49. The Aachen Cathedral Treasure thus had a collection of artifacts worthy of the church’s high status during the Middle Ages
50. Aachen is a simulation/game depicting the battle for the city of Aachen from September 12 through October 21, 1944
51. Cáchy (německy Aachen, výslovnost [ˈaːχən] IPA, v místním nářečí Oche, francouzsky Aix-la-Chapelle [eks la šapel], nizozemsky Aken, latinsky Aquæ Granni nebo Aquisgranum) jsou historické a lázeňské město v nejzápadnější části Německa, ve spolkové zemi Severní Porýní-Vestfálsko.Leží těsně u nizozemských a belgických hranic, 65 km jihozápadně od Kolína
Aachen - a city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders; formerly it was Charlemagne's northern capital.
This word became Åxhe in Walloon and Aix in French, and subsequently Aix-la-Chapelle after Charlemagne had his palatine chapel built there in the late 8th century and then made the city his empire's capital. Aachen's name in French and German evolved in parallel. The city is known by a variety of different names in other languages:
Aachen and its sector of the front were protected by the Siegfried Line, consisting of several belts of inter-connected pillboxes, forts, and bunkers protected by extensive minefields, "dragon's teeth" anti-tank obstacles, and barbed wire entanglements. In several areas, German defenses were over 10 miles (16 km) deep.
Early history. Flint quarries on the Lousberg, Schneeberg, and Königshügel, first used during Neolithic times (3000–2500 BC), attest to the long occupation of the site of Aachen, as do recent finds under the modern city's Elisengarten pointing to a former settlement from the same period.